It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dreaming.. a glimpse within my demonic lifestyle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I was going to post a very detailed account but decided against it, u2u me if you are intersted.. Its basically about how I live a very charasmatic, kind hearted life... until I am lucid dreaming.

What is your opinions on this? Is it wrong to do horrible things because you know you are dreaming and there is no consequence for your action?

[edit on 9-4-2008 by deadline527]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

The actions in a dream may have different meanings than in life. To punch or be punched by someone in a dream symbolically means to honor. Conversely to caress can mean to corrupt. Of course if the person you punched is your worst enemy it may just be wishful thinking.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I understand that, but this is far from what you are saying.

I control my dreams. I do what I want in my dreams. Now, if somethings I do were not exactly good things.. is that wrong to do, knowing that there is no consequences because you are in a dream?

I do have a much more detailed explanation but I will only u2u that due to it showing up in a google search otherwise. I do not have RATS access and also feel I could get more responses here.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by deadline527]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Is it any different than doing something bad while daydreaming? We've all wanted to do violent things to people who angered us during our day. But we decide against engaging in these activities in real life. If you see an attractive person and picture yourself talking with them, it's not the same as cheating on your spouse in real life. I guess what I'm saying is a dream is just a dream, so who cares?

The real question is, what does it mean that you enjoy doing sadistic (I'm assuming) things in any reality? Is it the fact that there are no consequences? Or is it the acts themselves that you enjoy? Or is it that it's just so novel because you never would or could get away with it in real life? I think the amount that you enjoy doing bad things in your dreams is the most important question.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don't know...

I guess I wouldn't worry unless these fantasies seem to drift into your reality also. If you start wanting to do the same things in real life... I'd look into seeing someone.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

>< i sent you a U2U to hear your experience,. but after i put the subject in "hello" i accidently hit enter. could you please send me a U2U back explaining this situation? thanks

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The difference with this is that I am full aware of my dream state. I know that I am dreaming so I choose to do certain things because I know there will be no consequences.. or is there? Nooone really knows what dreaming is, to me, its like another part of my day - fully aware, capable, and free to do as I wish. Unlike many who their dreams are more like watching a picture show, or a movie - where they are not able to grasp control but are more of a third party watching it.

I am fully capable of realizing the difference between awake and dreaming, and I would never even begin a negative action due to the fact that there is consequences - laws, karma, and if you are religious, sins. But my main question is..

Can you sin in your dreams? Is there consequences for these actions?

Thats pretty much what im trying to get at here.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by deadline527]

I started a new thread titled "Can you SIN while lucidly dreaming?", I feel it more accurately represents the question I am trying to get to. Feel free to delete or close this thread if needed, I will no longer be using it.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by deadline527]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The thing is, I really think that if you are enjoying this "sin" of yours during your dreamlife you could become obsessive about doing it in real life. Dreams may not be enough after a while. It my not be a problem- I don't think there is anything wrong with having an active fantasy or dream life- these are pretty much the same except for conciousness.
On the other hand, If what you are imagining could harm someone or yourself if you were to do it in real life you have to consider the consequence of becoming obsessed with whatever it is. If you are dreaming about having sex with a hot superstar or something like that, I just wouldnt worry about it, you know, but I cant tell if you are talking about something that is really unacceptable or just naughty.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It's tough to answer this question without exploring the other ramifications. But plain and simple, dreams and thoughts are just that, and sins are reserved for actions. I remember reading about it in the bible, although i cannot remember the particular passage.

As a fellow lucid dreamer, I would be more inclined to ask why you're spending your dreams carrying out mundane pleasures or impulses rather than using the talent to explore your spirituality. But that's just me.

new topics

top topics

join