It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vanunu still eyeing Norway asylum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Vanunu still eyeing Norway asylum

www.presstv.ir

Israeli nuclear whistleblower Mordechai Vanunu still hopes for asylum in Norway despite the rejection of his initial application in 2004.

"I hope that my request is still valid and under review. If Norway wants me to re-apply, I will," the NTB news agency quoted Vanunu as saying on Wednesday.

Vanunu fulfilled all the conditions for obtaining asylum in Norway; yet his application was turned down in 2004 at the request of the Norwegian government.

"I was very disappointed because I had great expectations in regards to Norway," Vanunu said.
The 1986 Sunday Times story that lifted the lid off Israel's nuclear weapons program.

Last year, he was sentenced to six more months behind bars for violating injunctions, preventing him to travel and contact foreign media, imposed after his initial release in early 2004.

The whistleblower spent 18 years in jail for issuing information about the Israel's top-secret Dimona nuclear facility, in which he worked there as a technician in the 1980s.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thanks to this brave whistleblower, the world was alerted to the risk of the israeli WMD stockpile. Israel is trying to foil every attempt by Vanunu to gain foothold again, and is barring him from contacting the media or travelling abroad. I hope the current Norwegian governement can shake off the usual zionist threats and award Vanunu political asylum.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

join