It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Teen Attacked Over Anti-Illegal Immigration Sign for History Project

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

by illegal alien supporting students

Now they are just supporters of illegal aliens..... When the story was "true" they were "illegal aliens and supporters."

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
She did this in texas?, WOW, if she had even a quarter of a brain she'd know that was a big mistake, she was asking for it.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This country is the new homeland of people from hundreds of nations. We shouldn't be surprised when illegal immigrants attack anyone, who speaks against them in a public forum.

Protesting against them won't make them stop committing crimes. They must be physically removed out of this country. The only way to do that is by forming an army & starting a war against the crime-lords, who support illegal immigration:

Globalists:
Bauers/Rothschilds
Rockefellers
Leaders of the North American Union & European Union
Fortune 500 Companies
Drug-lords

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AnOldFriend

Sir, you are merely finding fault with our conjecture in order to appear high and mighty.

Seeing as none of us here are jurors, judges or anyone else privy to the evidence of the case, all we can do is speculate based on the media/ letters recieved.

It so appears that the girl lied about elements of the story, calling into disrepute her credibility.

Now would you care to explain precisely what you were railing against as an "example of not denying ignorance" and "commenting without reading"...?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
LOL so she made it up and everyone was all pissy send them back blah blah blah now its fake and some are still like they should be punished. Ya because people are coming into "YOUR" country illegaly but you forget this is not "YOUR" country unless you mean yours cause the original Americans came in and stole it and slaughtered its people and now that your ancestors came in illegaly as well you want to shut the borders down and not let anyone else in. Ask your parents or grand parents or great grandparents why they came here legally or not and if they would go back to their countries I doubt it! hey maybe you all crying about sending people back where they came from should find out where you came from and move back there I bet you would be back in a week tops.

By your logic anyone who crosses or comes here without asking the government is illegal then we are all illegal unless your ancestors asked and were given permission by the native Americans to stay here then you can stay cuz your family killed for the opportunity to stay here while others die just for the chance to make it here.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gbscarface

No, it is not the same thing. Saying you hate an ethnic group will get you jumped, and you should probably expect it. However, making a "political activist statement", which is what her assignment was, is freedom of speech and should be respected as such, after all, isn't that why these illegals come here, to share our freedoms they can't seem to find back home? Illegal is illegal, no gray area here, and these criminals should face charges, do the time and then get sent home, wherever that may be.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity
Illegal Immigration is a touchy subject and yes why the hell arent these criminals being deported? Imagine the outcry if it was white kids attcking a latino lol omg the outcry and marches I can see it now.

Illegal immigration is killing America and only making big buisness rich because Illegal immigration DRIVES DOWN WORKING WAGES and put expenses on an already overstretched economy. If America doesnt fix the problem soon then I fear America will join Mexico as a 3rd world country then us Canadians will have to keep you all out lol.

To the people who support Illegal immigration well imo your argument doesnt have a leg to stand on and only relies on the ignorant support of people who do not understand the most basic laws of soverignty. Just another issue "they" use to divide and conquer the populace like the pawns we are and its been going their way perfectly, we keep fighting and never sit down and properly work stuff out and noone wants to hear the other sides argument that would make u weak!

As a Hispanic immigrant to the US(Legally, for those sharpening knives), I find it hard to deal with illegal immigrants. Because of them the police look at my documents twice. Bush is apparently ok with letting these guys get to the front of the line at the CIS office. Which is BS. I'm here under political asylum. So are my parents and my brother who serves in the US army. I should be at the front of the line. Not them.

The illegal problem doesn't just hurt those of you who are citizens. It hurts those of us trying to become citizens the right way as well. I wish congress and the president would do something..But I know that's just asking too much.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

Sir, you are merely finding fault with our conjecture in order to appear high and mighty.

Seeing as none of us here are jurors, judges or anyone else privy to the evidence of the case, all we can do is speculate based on the media/ letters recieved.

It so appears that the girl lied about elements of the story, calling into disrepute her credibility.

Now would you care to explain precisely what you were railing against as an "example of not denying ignorance" and "commenting without reading"...?

Do you believe everything you hear on the news? Do you always believe everything you hear when the story is only presented from one side and without any or very little evidence?

Your right about not being jurors or having access to the evidence, and that is my point.

See when somebody doesn't know something to be true for lack of evidence you don't speculate in certainties.

Ok, I have a HUGE problem with something this article says..

"...some studends who are illegal immigrants..."

What?! and they also say that the students involved in the attack are going to be suspended.. How about DEPORTED? This is just one more reason I am all for preventing businesses, as well as schools from harboring illegals.

I really hope this story gets more national attention and people start to wake up and see that nothing comes from illegals other then problems. With the job market at an all time low, im positive many American citizens would do the jobs that the illegals are currently stealing.

See here is an example of a person already condemning people to a certain punishment without any evidence to suggest that this even occurred or that the "culprits" are even here illegally. This person is just assuming that the news article is factual.

And take the title into consideration, the OP is just assuming that this story is true without even caring to research the incident.

When anything like this is reported you should take notice but not assume that it is true just because somebody says it is. When the evidence is provided then you can condemn the culprits.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Well I guess you think im guilty of not researching the story befor posting it here.
www.liveleak.com
www.athensreview.com...
www.kxxv.com...
Plus a letter from ALIPAC with two links they have since removed.
I think I was pretty good at finding other sources to back up the story befor it changed.
www.kltv.com...
www.kltv.com...
And when I knew there was more to the story to come I didn't stop posting updates to the story when it reversed I posted it and didn't leave the story leading people to the wrong conclusion. So maybe this is a good example of reading post in a ongoing news story and not reading the headlines and jumping to conclusions.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

Well I guess you think im guilty of not researching the story befor posting it here.
www.liveleak.com
www.athensreview.com...
www.kxxv.com...
Plus a letter from ALIPAC with two links they have since removed.
I think I was pretty good at finding other sources to back up the story befor it changed.
www.kltv.com...
www.kltv.com...
And when I knew there was more to the story to come I didn't stop posting updates to the story when it reversed I posted it and didn't leave the story leading people to the wrong conclusion. So maybe this is a good example of reading post in a ongoing news story and not reading the headlines and jumping to conclusions.

Eeek it appears I am guilty of making unfounded assumptions.
Sorry I should have been more observant.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity
Illegal Immigration is a touchy subject and yes why the hell arent these criminals being deported? Imagine the outcry if it was white kids attcking a latino lol omg the outcry and marches I can see it now.

Illegal immigration is killing America and only making big buisness rich because Illegal immigration DRIVES DOWN WORKING WAGES and put expenses on an already overstretched economy. If America doesnt fix the problem soon then I fear America will join Mexico as a 3rd world country then us Canadians will have to keep you all out lol.

To the people who support Illegal immigration well imo your argument doesnt have a leg to stand on and only relies on the ignorant support of people who do not understand the most basic laws of soverignty. Just another issue "they" use to divide and conquer the populace like the pawns we are and its been going their way perfectly, we keep fighting and never sit down and properly work stuff out and noone wants to hear the other sides argument that would make u weak!

First off, I agree with your views on illegal immigration, but if I hear someone say "Imagine if it were whites! OMG!" I'm going to scream. Stop imaginging something that didn't happen. That would be like me saying "Imagine it was someone I didnt know comming into my house instead of someone I did". It' s just silly.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zodgilla60
No, it is not the same thing. Saying you hate an ethnic group will get you jumped, and you should probably expect it. However, making a "political activist statement", which is what her assignment was, is freedom of speech and should be respected as such, after all, isn't that why these illegals come here, to share our freedoms they can't seem to find back home? Illegal is illegal, no gray area here, and these criminals should face charges, do the time and then get sent home, wherever that may be.

Nobody should "expect" physical violence for something they say. People who resort to beating the crap out of someone because they feel verbally slighted are animals, and should be separated from the rest of society. We're supposed to be making an effort at civilization here. (Yes, I know, this incident turned out to be bogus--but I've read so much crap from so many people about how it's "right" to beat someone or taze someone or shoot them with pepper spray or just outright kill them for what comes out of their mouths or what they post on "teh Internets" and frankly I'm sick and tired of it. The point needs to be made.)

And actually, most "illegals" are NOT here because they want to "share our freedoms", they're here because they can get a job doing home construction for $5/hr cash under the table (where skilled American laborers used to make much more-thus shady contractors are more than happy to oblige), step into a currency exchange, and send their day's wages directly back home to their families where that's a middle-class income.

They're here for money, pure and simple. They don't really want to be citizens.

If you really want to solve the illegal immigration problem (and thus also bring back some good American jobs at good wages) the answer is very simple: Strict enforcement of labor laws. Most of the needed laws are already on the books. Some still may need refinement. If a business owner, regardless of size, hires illegal immigrant workers, his business gets shut down, he goes to jail, the illegals get deported. Keep this up until the businessmen get the point that this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated. When businesses stop hiring illegals for fear of losing everything, and the jobs illegals can take dry up, they will stop coming. That doesn't excuse illegals from the consequences of their actions--but deportation, if you actually read the law, is the only real punishment available. And, frankly, it's appropriate. I don't want illegal immigrants taking American jobs and I don't want taxpayers to support them while they rot in prison either.

And, if the situation is that bad in their home country, then they have a responsibility to change it for the better. Running from it, and coming here to escape poverty (thus driving our own citizens into poverty) is an opportunistic coward's way out. If people from Nation A are beset by poverty and corruption they should solve their problems the right way--by fixing their government--instead of using Nation B as a cash cow.

[edit on 4/10/2008 by The Nighthawk]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
IMO it's important to know if the so-called "attack" was bogus and if the students assaulting Melanie were actually illegal immigrants, or even all Mexican. These are important points. Although the students shouldn't have torn up her sign, if that's all they did then a moderate punishment is called for. The angry students also have a right to freedom of speech, too, but not a right to assault her in any way.

Whatever happened, it wasn't a very good lesson in civic activism. Maybe the teacher needs to give a better assignment.

I'll be watching as more details unfold.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by Sestias]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
A new email from ALIPAC.

Friends of ALIPAC,

While the young girl in Texas made up or embellished her story and lied to authorities, she did accurately portray a story that is repeated daily in America. Each day, innocent Americans are threatened, assaulted, and actually raped and murdered by illegal aliens and their supporters.

ALIPAC collects reports about these incidents that actually do occur on almost a daily basis.

We circulate these news reports because unlike crimes committed by Americans, almost all crimes committed by illegal aliens occur because the government is failing our citizens and failing to enforce laws designed to protect us from criminal acts of illegal aliens.

While many of these stories sound sensational, they should!

It is absolutely outlandish that Americans are suffering from this rising lawlessness and anarchy in our nation. We do not have to stand for it and we will not stand for it.

It is necessary for ALIPAC to circulate these stories because the corporate media is notorious for censoring these stories or blocking them from national exposure.

It is necessary for ALIPAC to circulate these stories because of the left wing extremists that actually support illegal aliens coming to America and being able to rape, rob, and pillage without hindrance or deportation!

Here is another breaking story from Rhode Island. We have no shortage of stories coming in from across America that show the mob mentality and barbarity exemplified by many illegal aliens and their supporters.

From this point forward, we will be using the terminology "illegal aliens and their supporters" for two reasons.

One, it often takes us a great deal of time to wrestle the immigration status of perpatrators from the authorities.

Two, it is obvious in many of these stories that the suspects are either illegal aliens or supporters of illegal aliens.

Three, the supporters of Amnesty, open borders, and illegal aliens share the blame for these crimes.

It is time for us to start including the illegal immigrant supporters for their culpability as accessories to these crimes against Americans.

Our opposition is fighting on the side of dangerous gangs and criminals while ALIPAC is fighting to save American lives that can be protected if the government enforces the laws of the people.

Please take action today by...

1. View this video, vote it 5 stars, favorite it, make a comment.
2. Forward this video to all of your contacts and media sources.

Article
Illegal Aien Supporters Threaten Rhode Island Lawmaker
www.alipac.us...

VIDEO
www.youtube.com...

The truth is on our side.

The ALIPAC Team
www.alipac.us

Heres a link to a video of the RI story.www.youtube.com...
Im glad to see that a false story hasn't stopped them from reporting on new ones.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Found a interesting site I thought I would share.
A global incident map.
illegal.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I find it interesting that ALIPAC blames "Left-Wing Extremists". Back when I considered myself a card-carrying Libertarian I recall one of the main doctrines of that particular philosophy (which I would consider very right-wing) was an open border with Mexico, because anyone who didn't want to live there should be allowed unlimited asylum here. Guess things have changed a bit....

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
oops
just saw it was fake, lol.

[edit on 12-4-2008 by deadline527]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Its funny, how this 13 year old girl can make a strong statement like that and barely knows how to add or substract. I blame the parents for this, for actually inspiring her to do this. Such a controversial topic that can end up in injury or even death if not approached safely.

I blame the parents, right-wing radicals pushing for the extinction of people trying to survive. I find the article sickening as well, how the article assumes the assailants were latino or of an immigrant status. How unfair a publication, must be a small town, hick newspaper.

How dare you try to make a stand within the confines of an educational institution, the stupid prick of a child barely get's menstrual periods and she now has the right to voice her opinion? The fact that she lacks rational thinking, you all think she's fit to make a statement like the above? When she should be thinking about her elevation in society through education... you think it's okay to approach the subject from just one side?

To tackle this subject, you have to look at it from both sides. European trash came here, conquered and slaughtered western tribes and no one says anything? They enslaved Africans for centuries, and no one says anything about that? Oh, that's the past... how the United States abused the rights of field workers, so Patty, Nicky, Chad and Brad can have strawberries on their parfaits?

We just sweep it under the rug, right? It's always caucasion people trying to put down everyone else, that's why no minority group likes white people, they always infuriate through cheap talk and never back what they say. I know this post is gonna get a lot of people mad, but the truth is the truth. You all argue how immigrant workers are driving down wages?? LOL. What about companies outsourcing jobs to India?? What about greedy companies driving up economy and making your life that much more expensive? Americans are amongst the most spoiled workforce IN THE WORLD! They are lazy, spoiled, and injury prone. If anything, it's your spoiled behaviour that is making companies look elsewhere. You want medical benefits, 401K, you want OT, you want all these benefits for a job that can easily be done by someone else for half the cost... wouldn't it be smart for a company to cut costs like this... all while doing it legally? If they dont hire immigrant workers, they will outsource the jobs.

If people actually sat down to speak with these people, you would all come to know that they would die to go back to their country, but no jobs in their native lands force them to migrate and find financial stability... wouldn't you all do that if you were put in that situation? Of course, but because you guys are all set, nice home and #... you look the other way... because "you are not in that situation."

Just my two cents. This world will come to it's knees by Celestial powers, I hope you're all ready. Peez.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by rickzters]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickzters
Its funny, how this 13 year old girl can make a strong statement like that and barely knows how to add or substract.

It was a class project. The teacher wanted the class to research a political topic and prepare a report and materials on that topic, as an activist would. It's a legitimate class project.

I blame the parents for this, for actually inspiring her to do this. Such a controversial topic that can end up in injury or even death if not approached safely.

Only if you're dealing with people who use physical violence to respond to verbal confrontation, in which case those people should be removed for society anyway. Nobody should have to fear for their safety because of something they say.

I blame the parents, right-wing radicals pushing for the extinction of people trying to survive. I find the article sickening as well, how the article assumes the assailants were latino or of an immigrant status. How unfair a publication, must be a small town, hick newspaper.

The paper's assumptions were based on the student's lies and false implications. Having nothing else to go on at that moment, they ran with what they have. Having worked in the media I can tell you such a thing happens frequently.

How dare you try to make a stand within the confines of an educational institution, the stupid prick of a child barely get's menstrual periods and she now has the right to voice her opinion? The fact that she lacks rational thinking, you all think she's fit to make a statement like the above? When she should be thinking about her elevation in society through education... you think it's okay to approach the subject from just one side?

IT WAS A CLASS PROJECT.

To tackle this subject, you have to look at it from both sides. European trash came here, conquered and slaughtered western tribes and no one says anything? They enslaved Africans for centuries, and no one says anything about that? Oh, that's the past... how the United States abused the rights of field workers, so Patty, Nicky, Chad and Brad can have strawberries on their parfaits?

We just sweep it under the rug, right?

Yes. Yes, we do. Because society can't continue to function, cannot progress, if we spend every waking moment falling all over ourselves apologizing for events from over a hundred years ago.

It's always caucasion people trying to put down everyone else, that's why no minority group likes white people, they always infuriate through cheap talk and never back what they say. I know this post is gonna get a lot of people mad, but the truth is the truth. You all argue how immigrant workers are driving down wages??

Yes, but greedy companies are enabling that behaviour, and they're the ones who really need to be punished here.

What about companies outsourcing jobs to India??

Tariffs would solve that problem.

What about greedy companies driving up economy and making your life that much more expensive?

No disagreement on this one.

Americans are amongst the most spoiled workforce IN THE WORLD! They are lazy, spoiled, and injury prone. If anything, it's your spoiled behaviour that is making companies look elsewhere.

EXCUSE ME?!?!? Americans work as hard, if not harder, than most of the industrialized world. We work longer hours, have higher productivity, and despite our hard work, get surprisingly little for it. Most European countries *guarantee* three or more weeks of paid vacation. In America you're lucky to negotiate a week from your stingy boss. Plus, fewer and fewer of us are getting that insurance, and the 401(k)s are next to useless right now--by the time we cash them in we'll have had to work to age 75 or 80 in order to retire on what will be a measly sum.

Spoiled? Just who the f### do you think you are? Where do you come from, to judge us for wanting our hard work to be rewarded?

wouldn't it be smart for a company to cut costs like this... all while doing it legally? If they dont hire immigrant workers, they will outsource the jobs.

It never used to be legal. And yes, we deserve to get more for our labor. That's part of what national sovereingty is all about, that citizens of a nation have a reasonable expectation to make a living wage and reap the rewards of their labor.

If people actually sat down to speak with these people, you would all come to know that they would die to go back to their country, but no jobs in their native lands force them to migrate and find financial stability... wouldn't you all do that if you were put in that situation?

No. I would do whatever was within my means to put control of my country back in the hands of its people, throw the corrupt scumbags out on their butts, and bring jobs to my country legally. Mexico, for example, has a huge population in relation to the number of people running their country into the ground. The people have a right and responsibility to take their country back for themselves. They need to solve their own damn problems instead of creating new ones for us. I would expect that of any nation in such a situation, and as America starts to slip into the same economic quagmire it falls to Americans to fix it. I wouldn't want to run off to another country for money. That would be cowardly and prove me a failure in my own land.

And for someone who calls Americans "spoiled", you should understand we want the exact same thing as the illegals--financial stability for our families. Problem is, they're helping big business take that away from us. We have every right to be angry about it.

Of course, but because you guys are all set, nice home and #... you look the other way... because "you are not in that situation."

Some of us are. But we're not giving up on our own country. And watch your language.

Just my two cents.

Worth absolutely Jack.

This world will come to it's knees by Celestial powers, I hope you're all ready. Peez.

Great, another fantasy-prone Apocalypse cheerleader. Just what this site needs.

[edit on 4/14/2008 by The Nighthawk]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by JBA2848

Wow.. what a messed up story. Poor girl.. seriously the school handled the ENTIRE situation so freaking wrong its unbelievable.. politically correct jackasses.. the principle is VERY lucky I live over a thousand miles away...

I say we take all of these SOB's, their ENTIRE family, and ship them off to Mexico. If they believe they have a right to come to America illegally, attack American's in school for a political stance, they OBVIOUSLY don't give a rats ass about this country or the rights we cherish.

The community should be in an uproar, where are the people calling for these sick bastards to be sent BACK to Mexico where they belong? What the hell is wrong with this country.. my god.. "suspend" the students .. DEPORT THEM!

Tell us how you really feel Rock lol!!!! I totally agree this story makes me sick to my stomach and once again the MSM never ceases to amaze me. You dont hear ANYTHING about this. It is disgusting and shows you the agenda the true rulers have. I am writing emails as we speak to hopefully the right people and Im going to take action in my own way. This is gross and cant be ignored.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join