It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Proud Of My Wife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I am...

She is really awesome and I'm so lucky to have her.

This thread wasn't inspired by our relationship though.... just something that she said last night on the phone with her mom, that I over heard and was thinking about today.

My wife is a hard worker.

Recently she's been very stressed out with work and has been bringing that stress home. I try to help her deal with it, but my advice and words of encouragement can only do so much.

It seems like she's the only one who cares if the work gets done and the only one who takes pride in her work and tries to do a good job each and every time.

She works through lunches, works overtime at night and most recently said that she might go in this Saturday just to get some stuff done.

On the weekends and evenings that she isn't at work, she still checks email from home and tries to help out. I've seen her out of the office on a sick day, check email and get on the phone, just so something gets done.

This job has brought on so much stress, sadness, anger, tears, you name it. She's tough though, she's handled it well.

Why don't the others care? No one else stays late or works through lunches. They push the work off on others and have the "it's not my job" or "I don't care" attitude.

My wife isn't like that. She gets paid to do a job and she does it and does it well.

I wish that she didn't have to work at all. I really do. I'm old fashioned that way. However in this day and age, it's hard to live on one income, heck we do well to try to make it on two incomes.

Well, thats is, more or less a rant... but I just wanted everyone to know what a hard worker my wife is and that I'm very proud of her.

I love you honey, keep up the good work.

Some day, I'll get you away from that job, just hang in there.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Elevated......
What a great thread. I will echo what you said to me once before.

I am HONORED to call you my friend.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
She sounds like a remarkable woman. And how great it is that you can express yourself that way. You are both very blessed to have each other and it's so nice that she has your support.

She and my husband sound alot alike. He works very hard, travels every week and rarely shuts down work mode. Because he travels so much and because of various health issues with one of our children I stay home and so I forget sometimes how hard it must be for him to be away from home so much and to be carrying all of the financial burden. I need to get over my occasional pity parties when I'm feeling a bit stressed out stuck at home.

I am taking a lesson from you today, to be more thankful, supportive and appreciative, thank you for the reality check.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Damn elevatedone you are a great guy, and you are lucky to have each other.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Awww, how sweet!
Your wife sounds like a wonderful person!
I bet you two have the kind of relationship that everyone wishes for!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Thank you so much hun!! That's so nice to hear.

It's nice to no that at the end of the long and hard day
I have a shoulder to rest my weary head on.

I'm thankful you're there for me at the end of the day!!

And it's things like what you said that help me keep
my head up even when times are tough!

Love you always

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well,

There's another rough "patch" at work for my wife right now. She's stressing a little.

I wanted to bump this and let her know that I'm thinking of her and that I'm here whenever she needs me, for anything.

come to think of it, I wonder if she still reads BTS... hmmm I'll have to ask her tonight.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Dude. I will say again that I am proud of your wife as well! I can't wait to meet the two of you!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Beer pong, keg stands... streaking the quad...

Oh wait... we're older than that...

darn...

:bnghd:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

*whispers* NO WE'RE NOT!
We only live once my man.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Just wanted to say that it means alot to more of us than your wife when you bring forth this kind of thoughtful consciousness.

So many people who feel the same way as your wife and go unnoticed by those closest to us, I know I am one of those that often feel over worked and underappreciated by the people I love most.

It takes a different type of person to take on the responsibility for those who just want to fluff off their job and work while others spend time arse kissing to the bosses.

I would rather go home at the end of the day knowing I did all I could than to think I got away with as little as possible.

So I am no help, but wanted to say that this thread is a beautiful thing...

top topics

join