It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible says Universe is billions of years old

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
hmm, I know you are being logical here but I'm not sure it was to be taken literally. It's just giving us a scale we can compare eternity to. Like when the Bible says mans knowledge is like a grain of sand compared to God's. I don't think we have to workout how much sand is on earth to know that it means God's knowledge is vast. As is eternity.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Treacherous

I thought it said man's genius is less than God's foolishness. Ether way..

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

the problem, once again, may be the translation into english. EA was Lord Earth. His temple, his E.Abzu, sat upon infinite water (the abyss, called the abzu in their texts).

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

So?

You still need to explain what the infinite-water/abyss is and where is was, cos it isn't around any more.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

As in one Kiwi to another that is if I am correct there is a little more to the understanding of the Flat earth than is comprehended by people today, but I'm off to bed as it is 12:30 am but I will tell you a bit more of this tomorrow.

The Flat Situation did not refer to the Earth being flat, in the horizontal plane, as most believe today.

In those days it was understood that the World was what we call today as a Holograph, and the Holograph was in what was Known as a horse..

No No I haven't lost the Plot... LOL

Just be patient and I will explain.

The Word Horse in the writings does Not mean a 4 legged animal, but rather the Word "Horse" is used in the context of a Horse as in a Horse Chest Nut. The Word meaning Large and Round.....LOL

This Disc is also known as the Wall, and there are many references to this, in the Roman collection of Stolen writings called the bible today.

The Disc is also the Face of the Deep and Your Field of Vision, that is of your Mind....LOL

So the Flatness is perhaps Not quite as silly, as it might seem.

But this knowledge that I have does Not mean I believe in a God as others do,

My main interest in the writings was to attempt to discover what the writings were all about.

Because I am an Engineer I love to understand the Workings of anything that is shown to me.

This is why I got involved in the Project, I have mentioned to you before....

However I have a busy day tomorrow so must go to get some sleep.

I will give more detail on this tomorrow....

Keep up the good work though.....

[edit on 5-11-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

it was at eridu in ancient sumer. it was under the e.abzu *(enki's temple).
it was also at the tower of babel, which in akkadian was ka.dingir.ra (gate of god, gate of ILU, gate of E.DIN or to be more specific, the tower of the gate of god). there's about 10 different titles for it that would work, because there was more than one. there was also one at nippur (sumerian nibru). i theorize there was also one in the persian gulf but the evidence for that is circumstantial.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

it was at eridu in ancient sumer. it was under the e.abzu *(enki's temple).
it was also at the tower of babel, which in akkadian was ka.dingir.ra (gate of god, gate of ILU, gate of E.DIN or to be more specific, the tower of the gate of god). there's about 10 different titles for it that would work, because there was more than one. there was also one at nippur (sumerian nibru). i theorize there was also one in the persian gulf but the evidence for that is circumstantial.

Quoting your words:-

" i theorize there was also one in the persian gulf but the evidence for that is circumstantial."

This is my whole point Primates Theorise Don't they!

Why Not have the Courage to seek the Truth and Embrace the Truth.

Theory comes from your brain or Flesh which is based on "Double Logic" found in your DNA in your Genes and Not the Knowledg of God or the Life of God which is The True Mind according to a Christian Writing called:-

The Thunder Perfect Mind

You can theorise anything you like in the bible, but at the end of the day/days you have to come, face to face with the Truth.

The Truth will not change just to suit you or me!!!

So in your own interests, break through your theories and discover the Truth.

I am Not intending to offend you, but jolt you into asking more questions, rather than relying on your established theories, as they shall pass away, but the Truth Remains no matter what any of us think and that includes you and me!!!

In your Bible Jesus said "I am the Way The Truth and The Light or Life (of God)"...

So what I am saying, is that Theory is Not the Way!!!!

But the Truth is The Way (Whatever that Truth may be)

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
This is my whole point Primates Theorise Don't they!

Why Not have the Courage to seek the Truth and Embrace the Truth.

Your talking out your arse. We are primates and we theorise. End of story.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

My comments were directed at "undo" and Not at you Good Wolf.....

"We are primates and we theorise. End of story" You know this and I know this but can others face this fact..... LOL

[edit on 5-11-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join