It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Anyone ever wonder if there is a life or is this it

Im young i hate this life, i hate my life, i wanna be dead, thats all i can say

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Speak with a medical professional. Try reaching out to a parent or close relative.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ahleah

Out of everything that there is to life,find what you love and persue it with all your heart.Life is exactly what you make of it.I remember feeling the same way you do when I was in my 20s.I stuck around just to see wtf would happen next.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ahleah

i agree with the above post. i too have had trouble wondering what my porpuse is here. and im not ashamed to say that i see a good shrink at the vetrians hospital. just remember tomorrow is a new and better day. i tell myself that every morning and it always is.

it never hurts to talk. mods i hope this is ok but i think its a must
1-800-784-2433
just to note its a help talk line.

[edit on 15pmu102007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrandonK
en.wikipedia.org...

Speak with a medical professional. Try reaching out to a parent or close relative.

Yep keep the Pharma's in business...we are nothing but slaves to this screwed up society it really is nothing but depressing.

To the OP: This is life as we know it, I live in hope that if there is a next life it will definately be better. You have to look around you and find your reason for being here, maybe its the simple lesson of humility (as in all this Society grants in its many forms) maybe its more but don't let this Society win by giving in and medding yourself up to get thru.

Everyone has something to teach someone!!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This probably doesn't belong in this forum, but w/e.

I too find myself wondering why I am here, what am I supposed to do... why am I confined to this stupid body. I can't really put it into words... I just feel like I don't belong here a lot of times and there is a different purpose for me that I have yet to find..

that doesn't mean I need to speak with a medical professional

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Speak to a professional or just put your head down and get through it (I'm not a fan of prescription drugs, but if you have to you have to).

I assume you may be young by your post. Everyone's younger years are tough, some more than others. Just put your head down, keep going, and you'll find that eventually it all works out.

*Edited to add:

Oh, but definitely don't kill yourself. You'll miss out on some great stuff. Don't let a temporary crappy moment in life ruin the rest of what could be a great life.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahleah

you better man up and learn to deal with it cause things are only going to get harder for you

you're young, you said it yourself, enjoy yourself, life is easy and fun when you're young...trust me when i say that

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Anyone ever wonder if there is a life or is this it

No matter how bad things get, life is a gift from God and always remember that.
I'm calling the kettle black in this instance, but you have your whole life ahead of you and i dont want you saying such things, please!
YOU are here for a purpose, you may not even know yet. If you pray, ask for guidance.
Maybe reading all this stuff on this website is not the place for you to be now.

Get out and live!

Shhh...not another word, just do what i say! OK?

OK.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I feel the same way, sad part, more people than you can imagine feel the same way. They just hide it and keep a smile so the kiddies might have a chance in this world. Just remember these feelings go away and you will look back on this and laugh. There is good times and bad times, just depends on how you take it.

Mod Edit: Removed inappropriate link.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by TheBandit795]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ahleah

Hello ahleah.

Welcome to ATS.

Sorry you are not feeling well. I've had those days too.

But........I'll just be damned if I want to die. I want to stay around this world as long as I can so I can watch my enemies suffer. I do know that is a bad attitude. But karma is a booger and I know those that have caused me pain will get it back. Really don't want the ATS family to know that about me but frankly ahleah I don't give a damn right now. I'm writing this to you from my heart.

You don't have enough points to send a U2U but you can find my email address on my profile if you need to vent or just talk.

The answer to your question is yes there is more to life than what you are feeling now.

Consider yourself hugged (((((ahleah ))))))

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
We all feel bad from time to time. Seriously, think about the people that love you, and how bad they would feel if you offed yourself. You might think that no one cares, but trust me they do, you might not even know who they are.

Your life is a test, this is a prison planet. If you do good here, and help some people you will get a better life next time around. If you kill yourself you will get a seriously jacked up life next time. Trust me this is how it works.

It is NEVER too late to change things. I'm a Christian, and have taken comfort in that from time to time, but in reality it all boils down to how happy you want to be. You can actually decide whether or not you want to be happy.

I decided to be happy about 6 years ago, after living a fairly miserable life before that.

Screw it man, you can do anything you want with your life, trust me, don't waste it. There is much fun to be had!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ahleah

It's not you or the earth that make you feel this way... It's the people who surround you, the impulses that are pumped into your brain through the media and general belief systems... The overall perception of this life is created by all the beings around you... If everything is depressed then how can you fight this? How could you not be depressed? You can't, but you can understand when you are depressed and possibly why... Maybe you aren't depressed at all... Ever heard of the rap son by Eminem, "you are whatever you say I am"... Power of perception... I believe if everyone perceives you in a certain way it becomes that way... Nothing to back that up, but a general acknowledgment on my part... Take it or leave it...

Also I would be ware of those who suggest medical help or quacks digging into your psyche... If anything they will make you worse... I can't tell you who might be good for you.. That is something you need to find... All I can suggest is getting away from whatever is making you feel so disgruntled... Chances are it's the people in your life... Something easy like a move or a trip away, a change of scenery definitely helps if you can manage it...

I also have this other theory, deals with Satan and God... If you don't believe in this ok, but please hear me out, because this makes sense... I believe that everyone we meet we meet for a reason, with that said, I also believe Satan has his people and God has his... They both send these people into our lives... We are given free will... The ability to choose which road to follow... It sounds to me like you are surrounded by ones sent by Satan, based on my belief... In other words, people who aren't going to help you, who are negative or whatever, but generally not good for you... You have to accept yourself before you can begin to heal and begin to enjoy life again... If you have negative headship, friends and/or influences in your life you won't be able to fight that... If people are perceiving you as being depressed and down and out then you will remain that way... Find new influences, new people and seek the ones God has sent for you... The ones who can relate and who will perceive you in a positive manner... The ones that can help you and free you of the negative perception you are so focused on right now...

Know also that Satan will try his hardest to get you to give up... This is a deception to get you as far away from God as possible... So be prepared for some resistance if you do decide to seek out new influences... If you run into a lot, you will know you're doing the right thing...

I'm sorry, but I can't help it, I have to say a short prayer for you, because I want you to enjoy life and get out of this slump... So, In the name of Jesus Christ I pray he sends the influence you need to free you from your every day struggle... To send his angels to surround you and protect you from the evil deceptions of Satan and his minions! That Satan be cast beneath your feet in times of struggle! And that he give you the strength you need to break free and succeed in ways you never have before! Name of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Amen!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I will leave religion outside this post as that will not answer the previous poster.

Many advices are "talk to someone" and I agree but first question yourself, what do YOU want your purpose to be.

Many believe life to be something that gives you the answers and that your path should be presented for you to be walked on. I say this is wrong, for you to find something you have to be searching for it. If you dont you are just a whiner who does not try to change what is wrong but live under the pretense that someone else will.
I dont blame you, many are like you. When something go wrong/look wrong it common judgement to blame someone else. There is only one simple truth in this.

You are in control over yourself, by comming to this place you are starting to question the world around. Now you have to question yourself in the same way, who am I, what am I, what do I want to change, who do I want to be. Self realisation can only be achieved when you question the boundaries set up around you, whether it be your personlity or the law that set the rules is not important.

This is how I learned to live my life, now I am passing it on hope it helps.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Wonder why this person hasn't replied back? Hey man reply so we know you're ok... peace!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Dude, relax. Take your time, your still young, think of everything you've got, you will still be here tommorow, but your dreams will not. Yes the world can seem a little screwed up, in fact, it is, royally. But that still doesn't change the fact that your alive, and every time you wake up in the morning, well, its a new day. Another chance to change, to grow, to learn, to love, to play,to dream.
I don't know it for a fact but being dead probably sucks bigtime. So even if i am not feeling good, or I'm "down", at least I'm alive.
At the end of the day if your feeling down, its natural, balance is important. If we didn't experience sadness and anger, then we couldn't feel happiness or joy. Tomorrow, do something different, do something good for a stranger, help someone you don't know, trust me, it's one of the greatest feelings in the world. When you have helped someone else, someone you don't know, smile a lttle smile to yourelf, and think wow, if everyone in the world did just one good thing every day, what a wonderfull world it would be.
Of course, it's not a perfect world, nothing is, the only good thing in this world is you, and what you can do. You can be happy, or you can be sad. The choice is yours. It's hard, yes, think of the "saw" movie series, you have to work at it, every step forward is just that, forward.
(actually the saw movies are probably best not mentioned, but well I like his style, and his message, living is hard, death is easy. Make your decision, cut the deck, play your hand, it's up to you and no one else.
Oh, and don't worry,be happy

There now isn't that better?
feel good now? no? ok here is some more, knock yourself out, its all i've got to offer

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I think you need to seek help. Join a church and find a goal in your life. Perhaps Jesus can help you understand how beautiful life should be.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
This probably doesn't belong in this forum, but w/e.

How can you think about formalities during a serious situation?
How insensitive, it's like working for a crisis hotline or 911 and putting people on hold for w/e reason.

For the op, before you seek expensive medical help, who will probably pump you up with chemicals you can't pronounce, why not try something more basic first?
Next time feel life sucks instead of putting your head down in defeat, consider instead keeping your head up and look around for some thing promising and positive, or anything that will make you smile.

If you are capable and willing to take care of a pet, get a dog because dogs offer unconditional love no matter who its master happens to be. They also know how you are feeling and will work overtime to cheer you up. There's a reason why they're called Man's Best Friend.

Also, please don't think I'm a religious Bible thumpin' nut because I'm not, but Jesus really loves you. I know you hear that a lot and some people will roll their eyes but these words should only be used during certain situations, such as this.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

the dog idea is a great one.

my lab may not talk back but he sure will listen when no one else will.

and some times i think jeb (my dog) knows just what im talking to him about.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by batmanaw

so giving a person a list of ways to kill them selves is a good idea, why? maybe im missing the point. but that is the worst advice ive ever heard one person give to another..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join