It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA and Planet X

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Now here is a very intersting site I found purely by accident.Australia.to
Admittedly I don't know much about www.Australia.to and its credibility but its an intersting read.
The article titled NASA and Planet X seems to go into alot of detail about Eris/Nibiru , the moon bunkers, the seed vault and a number of other topics discussed here and puts all our favourites together in one place. There is also talk of "2012 - the movie" which I would be keen to have a look at.
Now, many readers may be aware of my views but for those who don't I wont taint your opinions by offering mine at this point, but ask that you have an objective look at this page and give your thoughts and try and see how some may accept the info given.
I think it is well presented....personally

[edit on 9/4/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Thank you V -- interesting little find there. This topic interests me quite a bit, as the return of "Planet X" is the scenario I would like to see occur. As I've said, hang on and go for the ride. I'll take my chances. I won't believe it til I see it though.

I do know an astronomy professor (dad of a childhood friend)... I've been contemplating running this stuff by him. Maybe I will soon...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

The fact that that website thinks Sitchin's Nibiru is the same as Eris - a dwarf planet little bigger than Pluto whose orbit, though slightly more elipitical than those of the inner planets still keeps it way beyond Neptune with all the other Trans Neptunian Objects - shows how little research they've done .....

Basically he's taken Sitchin's stories and further reinterpreted them in the like of the discovery of Eris (love the way he even mentions Sitchin's idea for the origin of Noah's Flood!!!).

He also seems to think that other TNO's are satellites of Eris - which is like claiming Mercury is a Satellite of Jupiter ....

I'd give it as much credence as any other piece of badly written science fiction.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I do know an astronomy professor (dad of a childhood friend)... I've been contemplating running this stuff by him.

He will tell you that it is all BS. As for Eris being Nibiru, that's just laughable. The entire orbit of that "dwarf planet" is well outside that of Neptune.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Don't we only have NASA's word on how big is Eris is and what orbit it is on though?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Well Eris wasn't discovered by NASA ....

www.gps.caltech.edu...

But if you take the stance we can't believe anything NASA tell us, who else do you not trust? How do you know, for example, there are thousands of islands in the Pacific Ocean? Someone told you. How do you know Mars is actually a planet? Maybe it's only 200 miles wide? Maybe the Earth orbits the Moon?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Well Eris wasn't discovered by NASA ....

www.gps.caltech.edu...

But if you take the stance we can't believe anything NASA tell us, who else do you not trust? How do you know, for example, there are thousands of islands in the Pacific Ocean? Someone told you. How do you know Mars is actually a planet? Maybe it's only 200 miles wide? Maybe the Earth orbits the Moon?

Very true.

I'm not saying that I believe the details published of Eris are false I'm just putting forward the possibility.

I'm just bemused as to why they didn't announce the discovery a lot sooner but instead waited until a hacker forced their hand, then finally they go and name it after the Greek Goddess of strife and discord.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mc1km

I'm just bemused as to why they didn't announce the discovery a lot sooner but instead waited until a hacker forced their hand,

Because, being good astronomers, they wanted to get all the data in first. After all, what was the rush?

space.newscientist.com...

then finally they go and name it after the Greek Goddess of strife and discord.

'they' called it Xena
It was the AIU who chose a proper classical name

www.sciencenews.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Interesting article. I've read some other articles that are similar, stating that our planets' catastrophes thousands of years ago were caused by a large planet/star orbiting too close to earth. And that the Milky Way is there because there was a planet between Mars & Earth, but it got destroyed--one reason was that there was a celestial battle between beings & they blew it up & the other because of a planet getting too close & screwing up its orbit.I prefer the latter explanation.
The Hopi Indians in Arizona are the record keepers of their culture & alot of their prophecies turned out to be true. One is " When The Blue Star Kachina dances in the plaza, the other Kachinas will take their masks off & all will be revealed"--"the blue star" is a star/planet bigger than the moon.I always thought it might be Nibiru, but evidence says Niburu is red.
"dancing in the plaza" is showing up in the sky for all to see. The "Kachinas" are star beings, "taking off the masks" is revealing/showing themselves to people on the earth & teaching them the ways of the universe, thus bringing with them a new era of intelligence & peace. check out a book by Frank Waters called "The Book Of The Hopi".Its very interesting. I know alot of people don't think much of what indians beleive or have to say, but they were pretty "scientific" so to speak about the skies & beings up there.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by akasha22

Clearly you have some degree of belief in the Nubiru stories which I have no problem with, but if I may ask a few questions for clarity.

You say the Milkyway is the result of a destroyed planet? Surely you mean the astroid belt. this is a theory I have heard before but not incorporating interplanetary battles though.

The other thing you mention is

I always thought it might be Nibiru, but evidence says Niburu is red.

It has been said that Nibiru is a brown dwarf which indicates to me it would be brown. This is the closest I have seen to any 'evidence' suggesting any kind of colour. Evidence of it being red is for many just as credible of evidence of it being purple with green spots.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Oops-my bad, yes I did indeed mean the asteroid belt! Yes Nibiru is a brown dwarf, but I beleive when its illuminated its like a terra-cotta color which would be a brownish-red. (Not candy apple red!)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have just been looking at the website mentioned above. It looks like ATS is becoming more famous (or infamous) all the time.
So much for the sites credibility I questioned earlier.

Have a look at this article. In particluar just after the 8th paragraph. Has Google Earth intentionally blacked out a portion of the night sky.

They have another (already bunked previously) story
Does Nibiru exist and if not, what is this photograph?

This is coming from breaking news for them. They just gotta catch up...

[edit on 10/4/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Just checked out Google Earth & had no problem looking at the Orion area-was it a glitch or intentional?
maybe both.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I dont know what happened but the thread in question turned out to be a joke of sorts anyway....Not even close to accurate
as with the rest of the articles in the links as it turns out

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hey VIKINGANT! have you checked out this website:

www.crawford2000.com

Its got info on Nibiru & also the Hopi Index of Prophecies & other subjects as well. The author of the website has purposely left some articles that are out of date just to compare if any have come true or changed. AND-its where I'd read that Nibiru was RED
check it out & let me know what you think! peace out & rock on!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Im sorry. I had a look at crawford but all I got was a list of other sites selling stuff like vid games. Is this the right address? was there a typo? I would like to see the info you are talking about.
Ta
Ant

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I just googled crawford2000 & it came up-it says "Earth changes in our present time"
the address on google is: www.crawford2000.co.uk

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm no scientist, but one thing I do know is that there's absolutely no way a planet of that size could have any bearing on the temperature increases that are supposedly occurring in our solar system. The most likely explanation is that they are being caused by the increased solar activity of our sun.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
According to everyone if planet X is really out there we will be able to start seeing it in Jan, 2009. So for now I say its a bunch of bull, but when 2009 comes if I see it I will really believe it.

Hilda

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by akasha22

Thats better. Thank you!
I have only had a quick skim so far and looks very interesting. I will go further when I have time.

One thing that concerns me though is in it own introduction it says

Looking for Planet X? - we have a whole index page on this (supposed) visitor to our solar system

I promise to look further still...
Ant

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join