It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yesterday evening I decided to go out to my field and launch a model rocket. It was a lack-luster launch for the most part, but it did get interesting when I had to climb a tree to fetch my spent rocket. As I was up in the tree, I looked across my field (more like a pasture, it's only 5 acres) and saw a pattern in the grass. It was most likely just mold, but it got me thinking about crop circles. For some odd reason the thought just popped into my head that perhaps crop circles are a way for some alien culture to communicate with us. Now I know thats not a news flash, since most people who believe in aliens probably concider the same.

I began to ponder the possibility of communicating with whoever is printing the crop circles by creating a pattern in a field, and monitoring it to see if "anyone" adds to it. My idea was something like, carve an equilateral triangle with 50ft long sides, and leave it for a couple of days. I wonder if there would be a response....

So I am here now just to see if there would be any interest in the community in persuing such an experiment. I'd do this in my field, but it's small and covered with short grass, I'd need a wheat field (or similarly long grain) with some substantial size. It would be a "proof once and for all" kind of experiment. If something adds to it, then its safe to say there are aliens trying to communicate with us. If nothing happens, then we can continue to speculate.

So what do you all think? I know it's not a very well thought out plan, but it would be a neat thing to try, wouldn't it? Does anyone have a wheat field they'd be willing to donate?? Could it be done in secret enough to prevent tampering???

Its just a thought....

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

what would it prove?
That aliens exist or that hoaxers will finish off your work?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If it wasn't made public, (hence me suggesting it be kept in secret) then hoaxers wouldn't be a factor. After that, think for yourself.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Even if you didn't tell anyone about it, and you came back and it was altered, the evidence would conclusively prove nothing. You would need to fix a camera on it to ensure hoaxers had no role in it's manipulation. I know that would be a pain, but it's the only way I would buy the evidence.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Efflux]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Personally, I think its a brilliant idea. Although I don't have a field of wheat to donate to the project. I agree with the above poster saying that you need to have a camera record it. That could be one of the easiest ways to prove aliens..

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is actually a pretty neat idea. I like it. (only if you do it in your own field)

Chances are, if it is large enough, someone will spot it from a small plane. It might be a little awkward explaining how you made your own crop circle, but who cares!

Even catching a hoaxer in the act would be great.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
There's been enough human made crop circles now - many experiments. The only thing that could possibly make your's different to some others is the intention behind the circle.

I think it would also pay to understand the crop circle language. Sadly we haven't come that far yet, if they are indeed a real phenomena and I'm afraid that it would just read like gobbledygook to the ET's.

How would you write your communication? What would you say? How would you understand a response? Seems easier to talk to a dog! Sorry!

new topics

top topics

join