It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurt Cobain(nirvana) dead 14 years now, discuss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Its now 14 years since kurt's body was found dead on 8th april 1994, were you guys fans of nirvana. Also do you remember how you heard of his death, and what impact do you think nirvana had on the music industry or society in general.

Discuss

bbc reaction to his death

Stay away is my fav nirvana song, though who ever recorded that clip, forgot the audio.

Kurt was a bigger seller than elvis in 2006

I always remember that my brother had sky in his room, and would not let me watch cnn, so i never got to watch much of the news around the death.

[edit on 4/8/2008 by andy1033]

[edit on 4/8/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think he was a has-been artist and loser.

although he was a good shot.

Above all...he had a child to care for......commiting suicide when you have a child is the most selfish thing you can do. being a father comes first.....then a musician. he took the easy way out that only a loser would use.

why anyone worships him is beyond me. he was scum, his music sucked and he was a poor excuse for a father.

icon...the hell he was.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I am partial to the theory that he is murdered. But before anyone speaks up, no I am not here to defend that claim so just leave it be please.

Kurt Donald Cobain was a huge influence in my life and without him I would not be the same person I am today.
I greatly respect the fact that he was into for the music and not the money.
He hated his fame because that meant the same type of people that gave him ohh so much crap in High School were now the ones calling him "the shiznit".
He was merely in it to make music and be heard. I don't agree with those who bitch about any band that makes money for their music as sell outs, so long as they don't just do it for the money they aren't sellouts in my book. Pop makes my gums ache.

But any rate, with this one he will always be missed. I know towards the time of his death he was tired of music and was going to quit but it would still be nice to have a chance in hell of hearing him live. hEh.

I think David Grohl's tribute to Kurt works for me as well.

Too alarming now to talk about
Take your pictures down and shake it out
Truth or consequence, say it aloud
Use that evidence, race it around

There goes my hero
Watch him as he goes
There goes my hero
Hes ordinary

Dont the best of them bleed it out
While the rest of them peter out
Truth or consequence, say it aloud
Use that evidence, race it around

There goes my hero
Watch him as he goes
There goes my hero
Hes ordinary

Kudos my hero leaving all the best
You know my hero, the one thats on

There goes my hero
Watch him as he goes
There goes my hero
Hes ordinary

[edit on 8-4-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

It's weird, back around the time when Nirvana were huge and KC died, I couldn't really care less - but now I love their stuff!

All Apologies

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I was only 4 years old when Kurt died, thats not to say his music didn't have a profound effect on my life and I remember seeing his death on the news . Nirvana was one of the first bands I really got into when i was 13ish and still a favorite of mind. I actually listened to they're whole discography earlier today to mark the event.
Personally I think Nirvanas best song was Mr. Mustache, its very diferent from they're other stuff.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
When I hear people debate whether he was the greatest musician/song writer of our time it makes me want to puke.

He did have an enormous amount of popularity that influenced a generation and although his music while popular and catchy, it was really not very good from a musical standpoint.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

No one will argue with you on that part.
It's the meaning behind his lyrics was where it was at.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I was about..*cough* 27yrs. old*cough* when he died. Meh...never got into the 'grunge era'.

Got into only a small percentage of 90's music back then.

Only until the last few years, was I interested in the 'surroundings of Cobain's death'. Lots of info came forward to 'subtly suggest' that his death might be on the 'murderous note'. Where there's a puzzle, you'll find me there, sticking my nose in, to check it out.

~Ducky~

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Umm so was he.
hehehhehehhhe.
27 I mean.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Yep part of the 27 club along with Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison

top topics

join