It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyper-Bolic Time Chamber - A Reality?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Last night I was doing a lot of pondering and having a disscussion with my girlfriend. I thought that it would be theoretically possible to physically train your body in a room that uses Gravity heavier than that of earth. For example: for two 24 hour periods during a week I would train in this room; basically lift weights and do work like any normal athletic human being on earth. My thoughts are that this would have an extremely large increase on my physical muscles strength and capacity, making it easier to use my strength on Earth since I have training in a harder gravitational environment. I would like any and all replies related to this subject so that we may be able to find an answer to my question. Is this type of training method actually possible? Would the air pressure prohibit you from returning to Earth's climate safely? What would the enhanced gravitational pull do to the body? Any and all bright minds welcome.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well, quantum mechanics states that pretty much anything has a possibility. So i guess it could work at some point.

In terms of an actual "Hyperbolic Time Chamber" I would simply say lay off the DragonBall Z. lol.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
That was where I got the name from I remembered that from a few years back. Any answers on the questions of how it would work?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
To an extent, yes you could. However, humans are designed for 1g, so you wouldn't turn into the Hulk. However, if you raised children in there from the time they were conceived to the time they were fully grown, I think it would be a distinct possibility to create people who are much stronger than normal. They would probably be short and stocky, and pretty dang strong, but I don't think they would be any faster than us, and possibly even slower, since in higher gravity running would be much more difficult.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Here is a much simpler version of this idea, no hyperbolic chambers required.

www.nefitco.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
My friend does underwater weight lifting, and i think it would have the same results in an opposite way as the hyperbolic time chamber

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I dont trust anything that turns Michael Jackson white!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Umm but even though humans are designed to live in 1G, could it be possible for a human to gain more musculer strength through going into a higher G force for short periods of time? Just wondering if it would have any effect on the body.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ambigram

What are the effects of Underwater Weight Lifting?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think it would turn him into a small gorilla that steals your children. No Racial Pun intended.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Okay Vegeta, who doesn't dream of training in a chamber with more gravity. However, it would take you a bit of time to build up to working out in 2 g's. But yes this would condition your muscles more rigorously. I few years back a buddy and I made Trunks jackets. They are 70 pounds and pretty badass. They have plasmas that scientists believe could create artificial gravity so if you were to use a huge plasma chamber underneath the ground you're training on it could work. Here is the link to the paper I read on it.

lanl.arxiv.org...

Also, it was called the Gravity Chamber. The Hyper-Bolic Time Chamber was for getting years of training in weeks.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Why not just use heavier weights????????????????????

Surely just simply using heavier weights trains you as hard. For example if your used to lifting a 22kg barbell weight in a 1g enviroment then surely lifting a 44kg weight in a 1g enviroment would have the same effect as a supposed hyper-bolic chamber.

Man i wear myself out at the gym as it is so im pretty sure i wouldnt want to experience a weight session with the feeling of wearing magnetic boots and bungee cords strapped to my wrists and the floor

[edit on 10-4-2008 by thesaint]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think that one of the only things that would improve drastically by training in a 2g environment...would be jumping. Go into a 2g environment and just jump around for awhile. I'm pretty sure after awhile (once your legs healed from breaking) you'd get picked up by some pro-basketball team in the 1g world, but your calves might be twice the size of your head.

Other than that, I think training in an increased G environment, while sounding badass at first, might be more harmful than not. The stresses on your heart and cardiopulmonary system may be too much to bear. You could suffer from blackouts, internal hemorrhaging, or bone spurs. I'd hate to think of the high impact damage your body could accrue from jogging.

I think gravity doesn't have so much to do with our height as genetics does, at least not as much as the old theories allot. After all, look at things like elephants, giraffes, and dinosaurs...those things are huge! And they were born and raised in a 1g environment, not a 1/2g environment. I'm not saying gravity has nothing to do with biological formation or progression, just maybe not as much as far as the alteration of a gene-type that has been designed for a 1g environment. I wouldn't expect creatures from a 2g world to automatically be short and squat.

Sure, you might be able to get used to a constant change in gravity biologically, but what happens when you get back to normal gravity? Will your body be able to adapt to the change very well, or even constantly?

We should look more to research done on effects of the human body in a weightless environment, primarily on a muscle and cardiovascular level.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ive often thought that if you were to do this then once returning to 1g movement in general would seem alot easier and free, and also could increase your stamina.

So yes, working out harder and lifting heavier weights would increase your strength but not neccessarily your speed.

As a similar analogy, I used to run a mile every day with my little brother on my back (not for training or anything, just to get from A to B faster as he was small and slow
) but after letting him off running would seem so effortless and I would be able to run at my fastest pace for alot longer.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yes lifting more weights will make you stronger, the reason why you should exercise daily. But exercise in another gravity would create an overwelming sensation on the whole body and would have; well I think would have: substantial gains.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ohmymathew

Thanks for the link looks like a good read, I'll get to it as soon as I have a sec. An ya the post is definently DBZ related...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I have no idea what you mean by a 'hyper-bolic time chamber', but if you wanted to train under higher 'gravity' than Earth provides, train in a centrifuge.

Here's more spacious one for you.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I believe it would probably have the same effect as having weights placed on every single atom of your body.

I.E: If you turn it up high enough, your body will turn into a meat-steak on the floor.

In context of DBZ, i believe that most of the time they spent in the hyperbolic time-chamber was infact at a level of which they would technically be turned into monkey-flavoured pizza.

Don't mess with gravity, kay?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
But gravity just seems so interesting to me, and I think there's more then one way to skin a cat or a human.
But ya agreed that in the DBZ version they would have been turned into a pool of slime, to much too quick, only if I were super saiyan maybe thats where I'm going wrong.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Lokey13]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Great find, I was wondering what type of advanced technologies they would come up with for the astronauts so that their muscles wouldn't atrophy so quickly. I'll read more into it soon and give you a better report. Starred!!

<<   2 >>

join