It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there an ATS policy AGAINST activism?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Is it the link to the petition website that you are having a problem with or my call to action?

i do not have a problem

i will ask again - which bit of the T&C statement

Terms And Conditions Of Use
1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

are you having such a problem understanding and complying with ?

it tells you not to post petition links

but you do so anyway

it seems YOU have the problem , not i or the ATS staff

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Well, when it comes to T&C, you simply have to read it to understand.

Terms and Conditions

1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Terms and Conditions

It's pretty cut and dried on using ATS for any "Call to action" and as a platform to direct users to petitions.

Can you expand on what, exactly, you don't understand about it?

Hope this helps,
Cuhail

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Why is that whenever I U2U a member I come back to find that s/he's ju-u-u-u-st gone offline?

Anyway, INWT, to my message I would add this: ATS is a discussion board. The purpose is to discuss a range of topics covering conspiracies, the paranormal, etc, in order to get at the truth to the greatest degree that the truth can be understood.

Linking to petitions does not further that discussion. Political activism is not what a discussion board is all about because activism first requires that a certain truth has been established. While we come here in search of the truth, once we are satisfied that the truth is known then it's time to move out of the forums and into "activism" -- if that is what we desire.

ATS is not and can not be a clearinghouse for all manner of assorted activists. That's just not. What. We. Do here.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
How To Make A Bad Situation Worse

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
It is becomming increasing obvious to me that certain moderators on ATS have a pro-federal reserve agenda.

Baseless insults such as these don't make a very convincing argument, particularly in the case of a bannable offense.

I removed the link from your post and, in light of where this is going, have trashed the thread in question -- although personally I would have preferred to find a way to keep it.

For more information on the subject, which has come up numerous times before, please see this thread:

Why doesn't ATS allow "Activist" Recruiting?

Additionally, discussion of individual complaints about specific moderator actions is not appropriate for this forum, so I'm going to close this thread.

As I mentioned before, this policy is not subject to debate, and violating it is punishable by a permanent account ban.

Cooperation is not optional, and no we're not kidding about this.

However, as always if you or anyone else feels that any member of the staff has acted improperly, including me, you are welcome to send me a U2U, submit a complaint or use the ALERT button under this post to report it -- although it is worth bearing in mind that enforcement of the terms & conditions is not a valid basis for a complaint.

I don't want this to be a contentious issue, but it is quite possible to advocate almost any point of view without soliciting members or otherwise violating the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

That would be a much more productive endeavor than fruitlessly debating the T&C and unnecessarily testing the patience of the staff.

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join