It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there an ATS policy AGAINST activism?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
We know of NWO and all the government/Elite deception.

And the ONLY way to do something about it is activism.

To spread the word, to sign petitions.

For example, this thread, this innocent request to sign a petition to close down the Fed was closed down by the mods. WHY?

Isn't activism what gave India Independence from Britain (at least temporarily) and the Blacks civil rights? Were those that KNEW that slavery was immoral encouraged or discouraged from activism?

And what is so bad about recruiting a handful of people to spread the word?

I propose everyone were inform AT LEAST 50 people, either through forums, business cards, or word of mouth.

Anyway, what does ATS have AGAINST activism?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
Anyway, what does ATS have AGAINST activism?

Neutrality, I suppose.

Then there's the old chesnut of who's activism you agree with or not. If you back one, you gotta back 'em all.

A whole big can of worms. Nightmare.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Prote

You took the words right out of my mouth on that one, Prote.

There is a certain mentality associated with activists that is somewhat disturbing - you could call it nepotism if you liked, except of course it wouldn't involve family but people who you'd campaigned alongside.

+, their methods of rooting out government insurgents leaves a lot to be desired.

If someone knows the guy, has seen him before - then that guy will be forced to leave if suspected of ulterior motives.

The people showing leadership capabilities are NEVER questioned.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I suppose i should mention i can only speak for myself here.

I'm as interested in what the moderators could say as the next guy.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
When you start one you'll start them all. Everyone will start there own beliefs with black against white or white against blacks, one religion against the next or you join my club I'll join yours and all the intelligent discussion from all walks of life will be gone forever. I myself want to hear all sides of a story, theory, beliefs, experiences without the fear factor. If you want to do that then I suggest doing it on your own terms because ATS doesn't have those terms and conditions. This is in my opinion. A discussion board where we all ( black, white, red, brown, etc...) can give our ideas and theories without majority rules because of a petition. Anyway I believe petitions should be signed by hand writing and not by a computer.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Are you asking why they shut down the thread?

Well I went to the thread and it says why they shut it down, it's against the rules to:

Terms And Conditions Of Use
1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

But I am glad you posted this, because I had never read this, and I myself have participated in a "letter" writing campaign posted in the UFO/Alien section, in fact two now since I have been a member...and I had no idea this was against the rules...

[edit on 7-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Deactivism

For example, this thread, this innocent request to sign a petition to close down the Fed was closed down by the mods. WHY?

Because any sort of member solicitation is prohibited by the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

I can think of several reasons why that should be so, including protecting members from various sorts of phishing scams, but the bottom line is that it's against the rules.

On that note, I'm moving this thread to BB&Q, which is more appropriate to the topic, but I think it's important to bear in mind that this is not a policy that is open to debate.

Any form of unauthorized solicitation of our membership, even well-intentioned, is prohibited and may result in a permanent account ban, so please don't do it.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Aah, that is why I've long believed that all new members should immediately be directed to the terms and conditions page before posting. (You'll find a link at the very bottom of every page -- between "top" and "privacy policy".)

It's occassionally updated, so it's a good idea for all members, new and old, to check in every so often for any updates.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Yes Spork, I should have done that when I signed up and I didn't but going right now to read the whole thing.

I certainly don't want to unknowingly break any rules through sheer laziness of not reading the terms.

I agree with the rules though, can you imagine how many chain mails, and garbage would be posted on here without them? Let alone all the groups trying to solicit members to hundreds of groups etc.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Question:

The British Goverment actually has a website, for us to make petitions on. Would sites like that also fall under the "not allowed to link to" even though it's by our Government for the people of our country? And ATS has a UK Politics section.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Government Redress

I think the terms & conditions speak clearly enough, but I'll answer that question with a question:

Do you think it would be appropriate for ATS to be used as a means of directing members to divulge personal information to any government entity?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Surely it depends if they agree with the point doesn't it?

Take when homosexual marriages were illgeal, there was a large one on that website. If people really want things to change they have to make a stand for it and I think it's a shame to limit a legit method by which we in the U.K. can get change.

Especially since many of the members might not visit other forums that allow is. Due to the nature of ATS as opposed to a purely political website.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Exigent Domain

Well okay. If you prefer then, just read section 1e of the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use and there's your answer.

Note that "of any kind" does not grant a "government exemption".

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
do you need ATS or anyone else for that matter to tell you what to do ?

if you are disposed to activisim - you will find your own causes to champion

i know dammed well i did - i am currently involved upto my eyeballs in 7 activist campaigns

naturally it would be against T&C to list them - but i think i can get away wiith naming one that we lost :

the fight to save the u-534 - prep work has begun on sectioning the hull - i suppose its better thsan it being scrapped - but many of us campaigned hard for it to be kept intact

so please do not assum,e that just because ATS is not used for activisim - we are all sat with out fingers up our arses doing nothing

deny ignorance - and find the causes that matter to you - and go fight

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

As the OP of the closed thread in question I also demand an answer.

Why was my thread censored and closed?

What is it about this thread that has you all so scared?

It is becomming increasing obvious to me that certain moderators on ATS have a pro-federal reserve agenda.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313

But I am glad you posted this, because I had never read this, and I myself have participated in a "letter" writing campaign posted in the UFO/Alien section, in fact two now since I have been a member...and I had no idea this was against the rules...

Aye. I might be guilty as well. In the Kerns thread I posted a link to a petition to get Kerns out of office. Hmm

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
which bit of the T&C statement do you not understand ?

NO means NO it really is that simple

closing your thread does NOT mean that the mods support the federal reserve

and if you believe that , then you are delusional

they are simply enforcing the T&C - you know the one you aggreed to abide by when you requested a username and password

if it wasnt likley to get me in trouble - i would start a petition demanding that the US federal reserve takes over management of all national currencies - and see how far that gets @ ATS -

NO really does mean NO ACTIVIST RECRUITING

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
so please do not assum,e that just because ATS is not used for activisim - we are all sat with out fingers up our arses doing nothing

That's the jist of what I was gonna say myself. Good words

Really people, suck all sorts of wisdom out of ATS and manifest all that goodness into our World for some positive change!!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
NO really does mean NO ACTIVIST RECRUITING

Well I didn't really realize that I was encouraging radicals here on ATS.

Is it the link to the petition website that you are having a problem with or my call to action?

Not trying to belabor the point, just trying to understand your perspective on the matter.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Well I didn't really realize that I was encouraging radicals here on ATS.

Lot's of activists are radicals by nature

you are having a problem with or my call to action?

Sorry for butting in, as it's not my place ...but he did say this:

It's against the ToC. Hey you can create a website yourself to recruit! Or anyone for that matter!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join