It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Husband Scared Me to Death Today!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Not really, but damn close.

My husband is away on business this week, like every week, and I get a call from the bank while I'm trying to get kids off to school. She asks for my husband, I let her know he is away. She tells me that there is suspicious activity on one of his cards and to have him call her.

I try my husband's cell, no answer. I then look at our account and see the balance dropping. Still, no answer. I notice that the activity began at an atm in the (not naming) city that he is in. This city has a very, very high crime rate. Still no answer. I am convinced that he was robbed at an atm at gunpoint and..... At this point my sister is checking police reports and hospitals in that area. Still now answer.

The worst possible thoughts are going through my head. I had a really terrible feeling about this. Still no answer. This went on for about 2 hrs.

The only office my husband has is at the house. I picked some random number for someone at his company (It's global, no real home base and thousands of employees). This person just so happens to be at my husband's hotel as well as his engineer. Still no answer when they try. They finally get security to let them in his room. And thank God, he's in there alive and well.

Turns out his wallet was indeed stolen at a restaurant the night before, he thought it could all wait till the morning, jeez, and apparently didn't see the need to call me and let me know he was ok. Of course, he didn't know that the bank had been on the phone with me and that I was totally freaking out thinking how I was going to tell my kids when they got home from school.

No worries about the money, we're well protected, but the agonizing pain of feeling like you've lost someone you love was overwhelming.

Why didn't he just call? Is it possible to be so glad that someone is alive so that you can kill them?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Is it possible to be so glad that someone is alive so that you can kill them?

Yep, I think so! lol

Glad your husband is safe.

I bet next time he'll call.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar

I bet next time he'll call.

Well, I wish, but highly unlikely.

Funny thing is that just last week he was complaining because I don't call him enough when he's gone. I try.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hiyah Hsur2112,

Glad your hubby is safe...but that SUCKS his wallet was stolen! I hope you canceled everything and ugh what a pain that is...but at least he's safe even if you might have a credit nightmare on your hands if the thief steals his identity as well

Men...sheesh, I can't believe he didn't call to tell you that...seriously, what goes through their pea brains?? Obviously ...not much sometimes

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
Glad your husband is safe.

And yes, thank you.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Sometimes men are StOoPiD like that. Brains of a freakin mailbox. Especially when it comes to picking up a phone.
Just glad that he is ok. Stuff can be replaced. People cannot.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
I hope you canceled everything and ugh what a pain that is...but at least he's safe even if you might have a credit nightmare on your hands if the thief steals his identity as well

Fortunately, they didn't get to anything but our checking, could have been worse and we have the credit bur. on high alert, we will recover.

Men...sheesh, I can't believe he didn't call to tell you that...seriously, what goes through their pea brains?? Obviously ...not much sometimes

I really don't know what they think about. If he would have just called right away I could have taken care of everything for him. Ug!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Brains of a freakin mailbox.

Oh my gosh that is hilarious.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112

Brains of a freakin mailbox.

Oh my gosh that is hilarious.

Tis my favorite saying.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

and sometimes women are too...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by AccessDenied

and sometimes women are too...

Ah! Why the very nerve..Never in my life...Of all the..
Hey where is Mrs. at tonight there buddy?
Care to share this thread with her???

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Point taken Elevatedone, kind of (lol)...but now the sump pump alarm is going off so I tried to call him to tell me how to reset set it...

...does he answer...???

One guess....

Edit: Sorry Access, reply was meant for Elevatedone.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Sometimes men are StOoPiD like that. Brains of a freakin mailbox. Especially when it comes to picking up a phone.

C'mon ladies... he lost his wallet. Why would he call home? Your only gonna yell at him. He's away from home and getting some peace and quiet... why would he want to ruin that?

On a cruel side note, maybe the "no call" was intentional in hopes that it would actually kill you. A man can dream...

[edit on 4/8/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser

On a cruel side note, maybe the "no call" was intentional in hopes that it would actually kill you. A man can dream...

Have you been talking to my husband? If his singing hasn't killed me yet the 'no call' certainly won't.

"Killing me softly with his song.........."

new topics

top topics

join