It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dumb question about John Titor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I dont really believe the John Titor conspiracy, but while reading a thread about him today something caught my attention

In 2036, a great deal of effort is going into "repairing" our environment. I was sent to 1975 to get a computer system and take it back to 2036. Time travel is not a secret in 2036 and I expect it will become more common.

The first "leg" of my trip was from 2036 to 1975. After two VGL checks, the divergence was estimated at about 2.5% (from my 2036). I was "sent" to get an IBM computer system called the 5100. It was one the first portable computers made and it has the ability to read the older IBM programming languages in addition to APL and Basic. We need they system to "debug" various legacy computer programs in 2036. UNIX has a problem in 2038

If he was sent to 1975...how was he posting on an internet message board in the early 2000's

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
According to his story, the year 2000 was a stop "along the way" home to 2036. According to Titor, the "divergence" of one timeline to another grew the greater the distance traveled. So, he had to journey home in "hops" in order to keep the divergence minimal.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have another dumb question. I am relatively new to the whole JT thing so forgive me if this has been asked or even answered. If at the time of posting these 'prophecies' on the net did anyone think to check his IP Address or search through ISPs to track him down? All forums require Log-Ins and email addresses. They say he just dumed the info on us a disapeared? how old is/was he? Surely if he is around in 2036 he would probably be around today somewhere to locate or perhaos could even identify himself. I am sure they wouldnt send a kid back for a 'mission' like this.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Not that I believe the Titor story, but there are some trouble of it being logical in any way.

For example, there are many timelines, and they are created in every instance. So, why even do anything? There will still be a future in where the earth "dies" of not having the 5100 thing. Why not just jump to another timeline, where the world is a much better place?

I mean, he wouldn't even be in his own timeline when he went "back" to 2036. Why bother?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The John Titor story has long ago been proved to be a hoax, and not even a good hoax.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I can't remember but I think he came to our time from 1975 but had to go back to 1975 in order to then jump back to 2036. Something to do with the divergence from each point. I may be wrong.

It doesn't take long to read through it, maybe a few hours...
John Titor - ATS Archive

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I believe John Titor is just a creative distraction.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
The John Titor story has long ago been proved to be a hoax, and not even a good hoax.

I disagree. I think it was a good hoax.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by thetruth777

I disagree. I think it was a good hoax.

I'm with you, it seemed well thought out even though it had several incontinences. I didnt fall for it as I did for the Serpo hoax though. That one got me really good

Edited for spelling

[edit on 9-4-2008 by ben420]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
If at the time of posting these 'prophecies' on the net did anyone think to check his IP Address or search through ISPs to track him down?

The Titor hoax was a marketing strategy to bring people to the site. That's why you never hear about IP information.
Pretty smart actually.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Karras

Because the divergence was so small that it might as well been his own time line. The times were very similar.

new topics

top topics

join