It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Representative tries to put the fear of God in atheist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Representative tries to put the fear of God in atheist

www.chicagotribune.com

Rep. Monique Davis (D-Chicago) interrupted atheist activist Rob Sherman during his testimony Wednesday afternoon before the House State Government Administration Committee in Springfield and told him, "What you have to spew and spread is extremely dangerous . . . it's dangerous for our children to even know that your philosophy exists!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thats funny,I thought the states were built upon...freedom and democracy? At least, thats what i was told. Maybe i've always been right in my assumption that they were built upon religious extremism instead...

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I saw the title and wondered,
"How could you put a fear in someone that doesn't believe in that thing (IE. God)' it only makes me wonder how hard the atheist Community is laughing at such a thing.

"
God? What God? Are you trying to terrorize me with words!?"

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
AS a Agnostic someone who believes in god but not relegion this makes me laff.

God isnt gonna do anything thats the beuty about god hes not a dictator hes never interfered with humanity and never will. despite what you read int he fairy tale book called the james king bible.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
As an atheist, I can tell you that there's no way to put the fear of god into somebody who doesn't believe without an unexplainable life changing event. Show me the light, and maybe, just maybe, I'd consider re-thinking my beliefs.

I think the only atheists who might fall for it, aren't truly atheists.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
what the guy is really saying is that....
"How can we control you if your thinking for your self and not following the rules.. er... bible"

I love it... putting the fear of god into someone whom doesn't believe it.

I am under the atheist flag... and this kinda thing is ONE of the MANY reasons that religion is bunk.
the sooner we get rid of tools like that.. the sooner our world will be a better place.

anyways

Pynner

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This fearmongering representative should be hung!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli
This fearmongering representative should be hung!

I think she's actually my representative. Which annoys me, because the Republican opposition is usually a lot worse. Looks like I'll need to send some unhappy correspondence.

top topics

join