It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Superchip Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have heard recently that the reason that there are only 2/3 processor companies for computers in 99% of home computers is that they are actually there to spy on us and are run by a secret organisation.

Does anyone know if there's any truth in this?

[email protected]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I work as a technician and know that they don't really spy on people, processor chips just make computers work w/o them they wouldn't boot up. And without adequate cooling processors melt or in some cases explode.

There are 3 major chip companies

-Intel
-AMD
-VIA

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I doubt that they are made to spy on us, but I am convinced that the AMD Dual Core I recently bought was possessed. It gave me nothing but fits and did all sorts of crazy things. I finally bought an Opteron 175 Dual Core and did the Last Rites over the other chip, after the exercism I haven't had any more problems.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
First off how could a processor spy on you? It definitely cannot send out any sort of transmission it is the core of the PC.

IBM now thats a conspiracy lol

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I don't think so but the mark of the beast has already begun. Some law officials volunteered to be RFID chipped already, I wouldn't doubt that some secret societies are pushing to have it mandatory, and look at how some pet stores are planting them into pets?

So if they make it mandatory and force you to have the RFID chip are you reluctantly going to accept it just to continue your cushy way of life? Or are you going to stand firm and say no? Remember, the government is supposed to be for the people and not against it. They have no right to force you to do the chip. In fact, if it comes to that then you have every right to defend yourself and dare I say, overthrow your government for threatening you? You know that they will try to force you in to it economically if they ever did do that. They would have to use the method of FEAR. I would hope that every one would stand by my side.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
i don't think computers can directly spy on you, however as soon as you have a pc you get something called an ip address, i'm not a computer expert and probably shouldn't comment, but i'm sure this can basically tell the exact location of your computer, and therefore you!!

isn't that some sort of spying really??

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by realism

If you go to the trouble (and discomfort) of living under a rock with no street address or letterbox you can avoid being located or suffering junk mail. It's the same with your PC as it needs to have a discrete & unique IP address for all those pages you click on to be delivered via your ISP. Leave one or more ports open and you can be spied on and information stolen from your hard-drive.

The PC can't spy on you directly but your internet activity can be monitored and your HDD can be accessed without your knowledge via trojans created for that purpose if your security isn't up to date.

If it's too big a worry the solution is as simple as pulling the plug

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by iancoast
I have heard recently that the reason that there are only 2/3 processor companies for computers in 99% of home computers is that they are actually there to spy on us and are run by a secret organisation.

Does anyone know if there's any truth in this?

[email protected]

Well if anyone is spying on me, they are in for a real snorefest. Other than about 30 minutes of nudity a day there just isnt anything to see here.
Can you imagine how many people the gov't would need to employ to spy on all of its citizens? and for what? If most people are like me that is just a waste. THere is very little sense to spying on us through our computers.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by iancoast

Now that was funny!

Ok seriously, there are fewer companies because we live in a society which employs capitalism. The goal of capitalism is to eliminate competition, thus fewer companies should be expected.

new topics

top topics

join