It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Climb Golden Gate Bridge To Hang Signs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Protesters Climb Golden Gate Bridge To Hang Signs

www.nbc11.com

SAN FRANCISCO -- Three people climbed the suspension cables of the Golden Gate Bridge Monday morning in a protest against China, NBC11 reported.

The group identified themselves to NBC11 as Students for a Free Tibet from New York. At 11:20 a.m. the three climbers unveiled two mesh banners that read "One Dream, Free Tibet 08." The sign cast a shadow on the lanes of the bridge, causing drivers to slow down and read the text.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It seems the Furor is getting louder and louder all the time! For something that wasn't even on people's minds a few months ago, this really is getting huge.

Is it an example of Crowd hysteria on a global scale? Are we going to be seeing a new war?

Whatever it is, our leaders in the 1st world are quite happy with it. All the attention focused elsewhere keeps the people at home from watching while we lose our own way of life.

www.nbc11.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
...All the attention focused elsewhere keeps the people at home from watching while we lose our own way of life.

I think this right here says all that needs to be said. While I'm all for a free Tibet, I'm also quite enthusiastic about my own freedoms. Honestly, I see little difference between the Chinese and US governments. The biggest difference is China is fairly "in your face" and up front about it's stance on these matters, where as our government would prefer to slip it's agenda in under our noses without our noticing.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Every man (and woman) wants freedom. The ability to decide for yourself the course of your own destiny is the most cherished ideal in all of creation.

The idea that a few can dictate to the many what will become of them, what will be done with them, and what they will be used for is the most horrendous abomination and affront to the essence of humanity, of nature, it makes me nauseous to contemplate it.

I see that those who exercise control over others justify it and excuse it by saying to themselves that we are not the same, that there are differences among us, and that some are meant to rule because they are of superior stock...

Well I ask those same people to surrender of themselves the power that the system holds. And measure then the power their "superior" stock wields over the masses.

But it is only by the fact that a beast which can experience only hunger... devours so much.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by ianr5741]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Originally posted by D.E.M.

It seems the Furor is getting louder and louder all the time! For something that wasn't even on people's minds a few months ago, this really is getting huge.

Is it an example of Crowd hysteria on a global scale? Are we going to be seeing a new war?

Three people on a bridge, hanging a sign.

Huge! Staggering, really!

top topics

join