It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Special Report: Area 51 Uncovered - New images available

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Scroll Down for satellite images provided by Space Imaging.

New stunning Area 51 images have been released by Eyewitness News in association with a private satellite company. The photo's were taken by the commercial satellite Ikonos.

KLAS-TV

Anyone who's ever tested the outer perimeter of Area 51 knows about the security cameras and hidden sensors, about the cammo patrols and ominous signs and armed choppers. Now, however, it's possible to fly over all those security measures, to slip silently over the mountains, head for the dry lake, and take a birds eye view of everything inside Area 51.

This software isn't a toy. It's not a video game. It's the result of high-resolution satellite photos taken by the commercial satellite Ikonos, which was launched into space in 1999 and was hired a year later to photograph this once supposedly non-existent facility.

The satellite images reveal, in clear detail, that the Groom Lake base is very real -- and for Area 51 aficionados -- it gets better. The satellite images have been transformed into 3-dimensional software that allows a computer user to literally soar over the base, hover over any building, as if traveling in, say, a flying saucer. So, is the pentagon ticked off about this?

Gary Napier, Space Imaging spokesman, said, "I've personally never heard from the U.S. Government about Area 51 images. They've been on websites for over 4 years now."

Gary Napier works for Space Imaging, the Denver company that owns the Ikonos satellite and which maintains a good relationship with the military, in spite of the photos and software. Space imagery is licensed by the government to take whatever photos it wants to take.

It's website contains stunning imagery, the Giza pyramids, for instance, photos of the World Trade Center -- before and after -- a North Korean nuclear reactor, downtown San Francisco, Hoover Dam and the Las Vegas Strip.

As with Area 51, the images could be transformed to 3-D. At the base, we can fly into the building known as Hangar 18, but we still don't know what's inside. We can zip down the world's longest runway and read the numbers painted there. It's a chance to see the base as never before, without spilling classified secrets.

Gary Napier; "True federal interpreters don't want to look at it in 3-D because the image becomes a little degraded. But the average lay person gets a better experience. The layperson has a better understanding of what Area 51 is like...."

And since it's unlikely the Air Force will open up the gates to Area 51 anytime soon, this version may be the best view anyone has of Groom Lake for a long time.

The I-Team has one of the only copies of the 3-D software and Space Imaging says the software will not be sold to the public. However, if you would like to download one of the company's satellite photos of Area 51, or one of the Las Vegas Strip, click on the links below:

New AREA 51 photo's:

- Area 51 - Groom Lake Closer View: 450x571 pixels
- Area 51 - Groom Lake Further View : 450x571 pixels
- Area 51 - Groom Lake Closer View: 1831x2256 pixels
- Area 51 - Groom Lake Further View: 1941x2429 pixels

Related websites
AboveTopSecret.com: AREA 51 INSTALLATION
DreamlandResort.com: Area 51 Information and Photos

Related AboveTopSecret.com Forum discussions
Dulce, Roswell and Area 51
Area51 10min documentary
A NEW way into Area 51
Area 51 information

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

[Edited on 25-2-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
George Knapp is that very rare reporter who is not afraid to tackle controversial "grey" areas that most reporters would not touch with a 10 foot pole.Same guy to introduce the world to Bob Lazar,and same guy who's proven himself not to be afraid to call our government out on its secrecy and 'need-to-know' politics.Huge kudos to the man,I'm a big fan of his!

Thanks for posting this!

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by 11thdimension]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I wish they would have a live video footage from the satelite. Just keep a close up on area 51 and they cant move anything out of the hangers without the whole world seeing it.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Does anybody know what the scale is?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i saw something about this on tv, seems that the guy who paid for the satellite services was being investigated for possibly breaching national security, don't know how true or not.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Save them to you're computer while you can. Great Pics

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'll attempt to label it nicely from some maps off dreamlandresort.com and post somewhere.

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by pyxsul]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I can't wait till they use their 1/2 meter on Groom!

Here's a link that will let you see an example of the 1/2 meter. Just click on DAIS :: 0.5-METER TRUE COLOR
Jefferson County Colorado, and then click on full example.

I wonder when they'll do it? I'll have to email them and see if they know.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
sorry about that.

here's the direct link.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
yeah, that 1/2 meter will be awesome, are they planning on using it on groom?

muzz

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
wow you can even make out the janets on this pic great.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Jeeze, you can see the huge skid marks on the runway so well on those photos. They are the best resolution yet, great stuff. The can see the jenets and all the detail of the surrounding roads. Nice.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Coooool....Wonder if its possible to get a door-size hi-rez glossy print of Area51?

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Of course it appears the images have been 'un-retouched'.

Can you see the area I am suggesting? Look at the big image, and zoom in the bland area's within the base photo.

It appears some modification has been applied, possibly making this suitable for public viewing.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
they kind of colored some of the skid marks....lets pitch in about 100 bucks everyone and ill launch a private sattelite into space and we can all watch the groom lake photos

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
yeah, these are really good pics copy them to your computer before the gov discovers them or something.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
wow you can even make out the janets on this pic great.

The pics are great, but what is a janet?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
www.dreamlandresort.com...

"Janet" is the call sign for the flights that shuttle workers back and forth between Area 51, TTR and Las Vegas.
The Janet airline is operated by EG&G, a private contractor that works for Area 51. They operate a fleet of six Boeing 737's and five smaller Beechcraft King-air executive jets.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Don't belive that there are "UFOs" at Groom Lake. As far as I know, Lockheed doesn't care about them.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
SO? what's your point?
This is just a news article about new satillite iumages of area 51, nobody mentioned anything about UFO's...

And lockheed doesn't own groom lake, the Air Force does.

BTW, have you read any of these articles? : www.abovetopsecret.com... have fun

top topics

<<   2 >>

join