It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video games you wish are resurected

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Stargate - I ruled this game back in the day. I could score millions.
Tron - Light cycles.........'nuff said.

Peace

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Come to think of it, Icewind Dale 3 would be nice. Although I don't like the D&D rules, rather complicated IMO.

Who likes space combat sim such as Wing Commander and TIE Fighter. They are very popular in the old days.
I would like another Star Control 2. They do port the old SC2 for modern computers. The Ur-Quan Masters Project

What about classic LucasArts'? Are you a fan? Here's my favorite two.

Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
Secret of Monkey Island

Also from Lucas, the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The Conflict games would be cool.
Conflict: Desert Storm 1 & 2
Conflict: Vietnam
They were good games.
I know they just came out with Conflict: Denied Ops for the Xbox 360 but that well and truely sucks and is nothing like the originals.

A remake of the first 2 Resident Evils would be awesome.

I wish they'd make a decent Silent Hill again.
That game was freaking terrifying when it first came out.
I remember my dad bought it and was too scared to play it.

Soul Reaver was damn cool aswell.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I wish Sega would have continued the Streets of Rage saga.

I used to play them on Xbox Mega Drive/Genesis emulators and more recently Streets of Rage 2 got released for the 360.

Still, would love to see the series continued, in all it's 2D glory and great soundtracks of course!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Beyond Good & Evil - was supposed to be a trilogy
Shenmue - was supposed to be something like 16 of them

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sequels I would like to see:

Shadow of the Colossus
Knights of the Old Republic (it would be nice to have an actual finished sequel)
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Chrono Trigger

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by danx

We used to play streets of rage as a family when i was a kid my mum used to love it and was always up for a game lol.
I was also thinking Two crude dudes and a remake of the original double dragon.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I know this will sound lame as heck, but I'd like to see 2 games come back, with some major graphic updates and more playability...

SimAnt
A-train!

Oh ya baby, some really boring games that I really enjoyed as a teenager... These games were awesome back when I was younger... I really think the SimAnt could be fun if they made it with different species of ants, maybe some termites and wasps and stuff too... Shoot Maxis could make both games very interesting again!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
I would like to see the Nintendo game "Friday the 13th" brought to a next gen platform.
I obviously dont want it the way it was,but the concept of using slasher movies as a game premise,has many avenues.

TOTALLY agree

The great thing about Friday the 13th is that it has a single enemy who can't be killed, so there's so much they could do with it. I visualize a game that involves the player surviving with a group of people.

The group would either be picked off 1 by 1 as part of a storyline, or as a result of gaming mistakes. The storyline would be adjusted and team abilities would suffer as individuals were killed, like if the tech geek is killed, the team wouldn't be able to fix the phone line to call for help or something.

And what if they remade A Nightmare On Elm Street? Not could there be a waking world scenario in which your character could attempt to resolve in a safe environment the nature of Freddy Krueger and a method to defeat him (since it seems to change in every movie). Then the longer you stay awake, the more likely you are to 'doze off' unaware and enter a dream world where you are vulnerable to Freddy.

This is all just off the top of my head, but I really think this would be a great turn for the franchise.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
stunt car racer

used to play it on the old Amiga's.

it was primitive compared to todays standards but very fun and playability were so much better than a lot of modern games.

en.wikipedia.org...

also carmageddon was cool.. there was something sadistic yet funny about taking a corner at a buck 20 sideways, then flinging your door open to kill a pedestrian with it

the box says it all

[edit on 27/4/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Obliv_au

Do you know Street Rod 1 and 2?

[edit on Sun, 27 Apr 08 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I would gve anything to play mario bros 3 again and toe jam and earl

[edit on 27-4-2008 by 23Eulogy23]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 23Eulogy23

You can play them again using emulators on PC.
I play Cold Shadow, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Donkey Kong Countries and a lot others using ZSnes.

Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The one game that I can think of that truly deserves this honor is Chrono Trigger.

I don't mean have a sequel, I mean remake the game. Remodel it with modern graphics. Same story, same plot line, modernized music, but with completely new and stunning graphics.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

i LOVED street rod 1 +2. truely legendary games for their times.

then a few yrs later there was another similar game released but i cant remember its name

you drove it wherever you liked around a city looking for racing, and could pull apart every single item on the car + motor.
like street rod but a more advanced + modern version from the late 90's (w98 days) with heaps of add on cars made by various peeps.. but i wouldnt classify it as old school or classic though.

[edit on 28/4/08 by Obliv_au]

[edit on 28/4/08 by Obliv_au]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Who ever posted Enternal Darkness is RIGHT ON!

That game was WAY ahead of its time...

It Messed with you while you played the Game...

It started the 'auto'-Charecter resposes in Games, the simple head turns, and TONS of graphical Details...

There must of been over 100 Halucinations that your Charecter could have happen to them... Enternal DarkNess and Conkers Bad Fur Day for the N64 are the 2 most underated games ever... for me...

I also want a GOOD version of Twisted Metal to come out... TM 1 and 2 we so good, and everything else since then stinks... no other game titles even attempted to use this genre... I would LOVER a NEW Twisted Metal...

I also rember an RPG that was insanely good on the PS1... Vagrent Story... i belive... you could select what part of the enemy you wished to attack.. Arms and what not... its where Enteranl Darkness got the Idea i guess...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Battletoads!

The original. One of the most difficult games ever concocted. Anyone who has ever finished it (or even gotten past the windtunnel level, which is pretty early on in the game) deserves special recognition for not flinging their game cartridge out the window.

I have many fond memories playing this game.

Also, Golden Axe (already being re-made), the original Skate or Die, The Rescue of Princess Blobette, Spit-Wad-Willy, Wolfenstein (they sort of did a re-make, but even now that one should be re-made), Skunny (lol), Abes Oddesy, Warcraft (It's time for an RTS after Warcraft III, enough of this WoW business), Scorched Earth, Bio Menace, Cannon Fodder, let's bring in a new Duke Nukem, Commander Keen, Hugo, Raptor, Rise of the Triad (AMAZING GAME!!) Wacky Wheels, erm, and also, let's create a game based around bourban. Bourban is everyones friend. It's holding my hand right now

I just realised how much I love to add extra lil tid-bits in with brackets. Brackets rock. Let's make a game about them too.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Need I say more...?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'd like to play legacy of kain blood omen. Game rocked and then all the sequals sucked sooooo much.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join