It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Prediction 2008 Olympics in China Cancelled - Comes True?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Hey everyone. My very first ATS post was about this very subject some 6 months or so ago. There was a lot of discussion particularly regarding whether or not the Winter Olympics should be considered as evidence of an 'Olympic Games' after 2004 or not.

See the thread here.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Ah, titor. I almost forgot that name!

Wasn't it found out a while ago that a lot of Titors story was lifted from an old Pen and Paper Role Playing game called 'Dark Future' or something?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Like your thread, you make good points about the 2006 Winter Olympics, but I don't know if you can tell (I hide it well) that I am still on the fence on Titor. I just like to entertain all options and reserve judgment till proof is in.

Along those line, I'm a big Global Consciousness Project guy, and with that weirdness (even weirder than Titors story) comes real change of the world around us according to peoples emotions, thoughts - that these effect matter, electrons and more all around us all the time. IS it possible that the AWARENESS of John Titor has somehow SKEWED the timeline, perhaps canceled events, or even created new events that weren't in John's history or past?

noosphere.princeton.edu...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I'd say there's less of a change of China being nuked wtc/911 style by a rogue nuclear missile sent by the Queen and MI-5&6 in the middle of the olympic statium that there is that the olympics would be cancelled there.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Well just look at what happened to the Russians in the 1980 Olympics...

the Games were disrupted by another, even larger, boycott led by the United States followed by 64 other countries in protest of the 1979 Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. Only 10 of these nations had won medals in Montreal. Because a number of countries were unlikely to have gone to Moscow anyway for financial reasons, they found it politically expedient to say they were boycotting the Games. It is difficult to compile an exact list of boycotting nations. Olympic historians put the number at 45–50. Eighty-one nations participated — the lowest number since 1956. The nations that did compete won 71% of the medals, including 71% of the gold medals, at Montreal. In contrast the nations that competed in LA 1984 had won 49% of the medals, including 42% of the gold medals, at Montreal.
As a form of protest against the USSR intervention in Afghanistan, fifteen countries marched in the Opening Ceremony with the Olympic Flag instead of their national flags, and the Olympic Flag and Olympic Hymn were used at Medal Ceremonies when athletes from these countries won medals. One country — New Zealand — competed under their association flag (the New Zealand Olympic and Commonwealth Games Association).

It's so typical my country turned up to the event... they are so D>.

To read more about it click on the link below....

en.wikipedia.org...

To be honest I very much doubt the games would be cancelled...
However there could be some boycotting going on... however it tends to go like this... If a larger nation for example the USA (as it happened in 1980) led the boycotting of the China games... I think alot of other countries would follow suit... however I dont think it necessarily HAS to be the USA to boycott... It could be the Brits... or any other large nation...

It will be interesting to see what happens.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I read the whole John Titor archive here on ATS a couple of weeks ago. I thought that it was very interesting. Even if he we a fraud he still had some good insight. Like the mad cow stuff. The posts about CERN have been coming true lately with the black hole things going on. As for the civil war in America, he said that it started in 2004 with Waco style events that happened almost every month. Then it escalated. Has anyone done research in that direction? I was going to but haven't found the time.

I personally never saw Titor as a time traveler. I saw him more as a dimensional jumper.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Reason-
I read the whole John Titor archive here on ATS a couple of weeks ago. I thought that it was very interesting. Even if he we a fraud he still had some good insight. Like the mad cow stuff. The posts about CERN have been coming true lately with the black hole things going on. As for the civil war in America, he said that it started in 2004 with Waco style events that happened almost every month. Then it escalated. Has anyone done research in that direction? I was going to but haven't found the time.

I personally never saw Titor as a time traveler. I saw him more as a dimensional jumper.

If I recall correctly he did say that our definiton of "Civil War" and his may differ, he said he saw it more as conflict between groups - with all the high ranking US officials resigning recently makes you think...

BTW The Olympic Torch has apparently been extinguished by officials in France due to protests, no TV replays shown so did a protester extinguish it?

[edit on 7-4-2008 by mc1km]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Think about the things that could start a "civil" war in America and think about which of those things is happening. For example... all this gun nonsense that is happening in DC. If that goes through and then spreads to the rest of the country you can but your butt that it will start a war. There are groups in America that are just waiting for the reason to start a "civil" war. Of course, they call it the revolution.

Totally off subject... what are the stars next to everyones name all about?

[edit on 7-4-2008 by -Reason-]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Its always interesting discussing prophecy. there will be those that believe outright and those that will fight to the ends of the earth to not only not believe but discourage others to not believe as well.

Wasnt the coming of jesus prophesied long before his arrival? yet there are those that believe and those that do not and still wait for him.

nostrodamus. some believe, others will say that if you smoke enough pot and start writing whatever comes to mind that eventually SOMETHING you wrote will come to pass in a form close enough that your followers can claim a victory.

others will disagree about the details.

for example:

Originally posted by battlestargalactica
Well it turns out that the IBM 5100 computer information was TRUE, and only a handful of people even knew of that particular capability. This ability was also NOT published as part of the technical manuals nor as any advertising, it was only known by a handful of the computers designers and engineers. This was revealed from one of those such people:

yet from wiki we get:

However, this capability was actually widely known in the industry, and commented on in depth in numerous publications, both about the 5100 and APL in general.[19] References to this fact were also available on the Internet as early as 1999. This is a fairly obscure bit of trivia, however, which suggests whoever was making the posts was familiar with the machine, or had an interest in retrocomputing.[20]

now granted, ill be the first to say use wiki as a source with a grain of salt as anyone can more or less put what they want in there and get away with it for at least a littlel while but still, it does illustrate the point that peoples perceptions of the same event often differ.

good thread, will be interesting to see how the titor believers and non believers react when the olympics either do or do not happen this year.

oh and:

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
If he really wanted to convince everyone, why not just give everyone tomorrow nights lotto numbers?
CT

thats an easy one. its because if he had given out the winning numbers and 200,000,000 people went and bought tickets and everyone won like $0.75 they wouldnt have cared he was right, only that they spent a buck to win three quarters

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
what makes people think that the 2008 summer olympics will be cancelled , or not occur ?

and more importantly - what makes people think that the2012 olympic games [ london ] will be cancelled

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

Hmmm... when I first checked out the John Titor stuff, I tried to take a wait and see attitude. Then before I knew it, there were some folks with an insignia that looks like an eye (this post here... "http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread309108/pg1"...chasing me around screaming "It's John Titor!". Not even my running off to Canada got them out of sight.

These days they have a "psychic" in my head that puts voices in 24/7, and then makes a "snore" sound come out of me at night -- so I can't get to sleep unless I do like killer amounts of liquor (which has caused me to gain more weight than I would like and feel like crap all day).

So, I really don't want to go for any of the John Titor garbage... but I'm like, forced to. Crazy stuff, and nothing gets my life back to normal.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

cuz john said no mo olympics after 04

near as i can tell anyway....

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
What I have been telling people for 6 years after reading JT was that my take on his words were that a female would take the presidency in 2009!

I have also said to anyone that would listen that I saw Condie Rice as being the Vice President in 2008 and that the President would either step down due to health or die and she would become the next President by 2009.

People have laughed at me but what say the possibilities now???

Why did I think Condie? Because she has been Groomed for the position to ensure the Global continuity of the NWO.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If it is a Hoax its an intelligent one...And not because of the diagrams and pics and what not....but he has given predictions of this world...And the way he talked abut timetravel with a reference quantum Mechanics and that tonnes of parallel worlds (timelines) exist and if a prediction doesn't come true, well he is comparing our timeline with his...He could say that "I guess this timeline is different" So its kind of a disprovable story, And that is probably why people are too quick to dismiss it...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Despite the holes in his story, "John Titor" is a pretty clever guy to come up with all that, as well as come up with a way to patch up his holes (the whole "parallel universe disparity" thing). Way to cover your ass, John!

The reason I came to this thread is because of two major headlines on BBC News today: "Olympic protests spread to Paris" and "Two people die from vCJD in Spain." I immediately thought of Titor after I read these two headlines, considering he predicted both the canceling of the 2008 Olympics as well as the escalating danger presented by Mad Cow Disease. Interesting, no?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
As stated, 2006 Olympics went off without a hitch. Game over...

I would like to thank the OP for pointing out one of the MANY contradictions in Titor's story however.

Originally posted by battlestargalactica
One of the interesting things is that during his posts, John stated his mission was to travel to our past, to 1975, to retrieve a certain computer, an IBM 5100, an outdated one by our standards, and an even more outdated one by future standards, however, he stated that the computer had the unique ability to interface with many other computer systems.

►He said it was unique in this capacity, and that his future needed this computer due to problems stemming from the war (2036) and rebuild efforts. This was the only computer that could do the job.

Well it turns out that the IBM 5100 computer information was TRUE, and only a handful of people even knew of that particular capability. This ability was also NOT published as part of the technical manuals nor as any advertising, it was only known by a handful of the computers designers and engineers. This was revealed from one of those such people:

That is absolutely true. Titor did state that.

Or did he....

TimeTravel_0 : I was sent back to 1975 to get a computer.
TimeTravel_0 : Its an IBM model 5110.
TimeTravel_0 : My grandfather worked on it.
G° : because...?
TimeTravel_0 : Thats why I was sent.
TimeTravel_0 : We need it in 2036 to recode UNIX which dies in 2038.
G° : who needed a 5110? and why?
G° : lost me there. don't enough about computers
TimeTravel_0 : the 5110 is able to read the old IBM mainframe code.
TimeTravel_0 : Its the first protable computer produced by IBM.
TimeTravel_0 : Actually its about the size of a small table.
TimeTravel_0 : We need on in 2036.

www.anomalies.net...
oops....

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Despite that I think I recall someone found out what the equipment in the car picture actually was for, and it wasn't related to time travel, I still think John Titor offered a lot of good wisdom and advice whether it was a hoax or not.

1. Do not eat or use products from any animal that is fed and eats parts of its own dead.

2. Do not kiss or have intimate relations with anyone you do not know.

3. Learn basic sanitation and water purification.

4. Be comfortable around firearms. Learn to shoot and clean a gun.

5. Get a good first aid kit and learn to use it.

6. Find 5 people within 100 miles that you trust with your life and stay in contact with them.

7. Get a copy of the US Constitution and read it.

8. Eat less.

That's good advice to live by, no matter what the future is going to bring.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Sorry, double post.

[edit on 4/7/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Oh boy John Titors back!!
Before I answer the quest I have one
Who cares? If he's wrong he's wrong if he's right then woo hoo, he got one right...
If John's prediction of the 2008 Olympics comes true I still won't believe in him, I can write out a thousand predictions between now and 2050 and theoretically I’d have to get ONE right, even if it’s only close to my prediction.
He said no Olympics after 2004, we saw 2006. And if this one is canceled will we see 2010 and 2012? Who knows?
I just can't believe any of his predictions "civil war will slowly start in 2004 and allot of Waco things will take place"
What the hell does Waco things mean? Weather anomalies? A man re-growing his penis? Define Waco.
That’s like saying "# will hit the fan in 2009" and that can mean one of two things. A lot of crazy things will happen in 2009 or some small child or monkey at the zoo is going to take a fist full of poop and toss it at a fan. That’s not much of a prediction and most of what he's said was complete guess work if you ask me. I think we've all been played for saps and this group of people are reading all the forms and laughing at how much of an impact their bull # made.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
There seems to be a Waco event as we speak.

Waco was a Christian sect as is the Texas polygamist compound that was raided a few days ago.

Women and children are the victims as in Waco.

Goverment is stepping into a religeous dispute..again..very slippery slope.

Also..note that the antiwar protests against Iraq have had a larger turn out then many 1960 Vietnam protests. It has been under reported by the news.www.cbc.ca...

[edit on 7-4-2008 by whiteraven]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join