It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Prediction 2008 Olympics in China Cancelled - Comes True?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
[color=gold]John Titor Prediction 2008
Olympics Called Off in China Comes True?

John Titor made a prediction in 2000 that the 2008 Olympics would be called off, actually stating that no Olympics were held past the year 2004.[color=gold]

Question is: How would peoples perception of the John Titor story change if the 2008 Olympics in China were canceled?

Keeping in mind that the 2006 Winter Olympics were in fact held successfully..

For a back story on what the heck I'm talking about, check here:
www.johntitor.com...
(I have no affiliation with that site)

[color=gold]..and I will summarize:

Back in year 2000, a forum poster by the name of John Titor and forum name Timetravel_0, started writing about who he was (a time traveler) and even posted pictures of his time machine ( a Corvette with a futuristic timedevice) and devices. That forum (godlikeproductions) blew up with activity, and soon many were asking questions.

During his many posts, some lengthy, some more succinct, he made numerous statements and predictions. He also described the physics and science of the time, as well as stating there was a war that occurred in year 2036(?) and he was here for an undisclosed mission. In 2001 he left and has never since returned nor posted again.

One of the interesting things is that during his posts, John stated his mission was to travel to our past, to 1975, to retrieve a certain computer, an IBM 5100, an outdated one by our standards, and an even more outdated one by future standards, however, he stated that the computer had the unique ability to interface with many other computer systems.

►He said it was unique in this capacity, and that his future needed this computer due to problems stemming from the war (2036) and rebuild efforts. This was the only computer that could do the job.

Well it turns out that the IBM 5100 computer information was TRUE, and only a handful of people even knew of that particular capability. This ability was also NOT published as part of the technical manuals nor as any advertising, it was only known by a handful of the computers designers and engineers. This was revealed from one of those such people:

According to Bob Dubke, the second engineer on IBM's 5100 team in Rochester (who now co-owns a locally-based company called eXport Ventures Corp. and also works for Edina Realty), that secret function was his contribution to the design of the computer. The function, which IBM suppressed because of worries about how their competition might use it, was an interface between the assembly code surrounding the computer's ROM exterior, and the 360 emulator hidden beneath it.

www.postbulletin.com...

Why would the China Olympics be called off?
Due to the protests and boycott of other countries over the Chinese treatment and handling of the Tibetans.

Many countries are in an uproar concerning the treatment of the Tibetans in China, with the Olympics so close, will some countries boycott the entire event? What will the USA do, other major countries..? It is also a political decision that needs to be considered as well.

UPDATE:

Actually here's Johns prediction:
JOHN - As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004. However, it appears they may be revived in 2040.

[color=gold]So what do we think? For those that have followed Johns predictions, and for those that are just now learning of John Titor, if the Olympics are CANCELED, what becomes of perceptions of John Titor and belief in his future prediction (his predictions he made of future events)?

p.s. If you enjoy this thread flag it!

References:

www.johntitor.com...
www.postbulletin.com...
online.sfsu.edu...
www.brouhaha.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 6-4-2008 by battlestargalactica, changed Mustang to Corvette]

[edit on 6-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

I'd like to see that picture of the Mustang "Time Machine" and the time device it carried.

Do you have a link, Please?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Strike that, it was a Corvette, here's a link

www.johntitor.strategicbrains.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Actually, all it would take for the olympics to be called off is for someone to steal and subsequentially destroy the olympic torch.

note; if it's destroyed it cannot be recovered.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
*has been given pause fo thought*

I can't help but wonder what the chances are that 'titor' has some buddies who are very interested in seeing his prophecies fulfilled...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
*has been given pause fo thought*

I can't help but wonder what the chances are that 'titor' has some buddies who are very interested in seeing his prophecies fulfilled...

It's possible - anythings possible - and has crossed my mind, but these people wouldn't just be some country bumpkins if you know what I mean, they would have to be some powerful dudes to sway geopolitical events towards Titors predictions.

What I've been thinking is what is the effect of Titors having told us of the future as opposed to us not knowing his predictions. Thats the really brain wracking question. Also what if the gov/mil of the world were already planning this, and have been affected by Titors writings..

Just some ideas.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Even if Titor was simply a good prophet, even they are off by a year or two. The fact is he did talk about many things that have come to pass and that look to be headed our way!

I think the Olympics will be dropped and if they are, he will have been correct.

I still think he's also off with the civil war in the US, and i say it will come to pass.

He's got many predictions that have come true, and that is not a coincidense.

NOTE: The supposed Civil War would start on a small scale in 2004 and escallate to full blown proportions in 2008!
I certainly can see this coming! We will have to see!

[edit on 6-4-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

My opinion of titor is that he is a rather intelligent human being, capable of remarkable foresight that is often recurrent among adolescents whom possess such intelligence.

I must say, even i was tempted to do something crazy at one point - until i realised what could happen because of it.

I really wouldn't be surprised if someone hijacked Titor's agenda to use it to their own ends.

edit; is there a difference between using intelligence to predict the future, and simply having visions?

You decide, i've rattled my brain on that one for years.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Wouldnt change my perception of him if he was wrong. It would only enhance my opinion of him being a fraud.

Its pretty obvious that the hard core Titor believers will just use his excuse of it not coming true due to the whole alternative reality BS.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes he was off in a few areas, but I seem to remeber that he stated his past is not exactly the same as our present, in other words, there are differing TIMELINES that he travels to get to a 'similar' but at same time, different (in small way) timeline or past. This can explain some of the differences or slight skews in the exact year of events.

DO you have any of those predictions or statement in regards to ↑↑

[edit on 6-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

Do you know about the Global Consciousness Project? Do a google search for it, the 6 billion people on this Earth DO make a difference just thru the course of consciousness manifesting itself in a physical way to people, places, events and thinking.

So who knows what effect(s) john Titors visit and writings have had to this timeline.

(that is assuming that we believe in all this, but for arguments sake, I am speaking hypothetically and coming up with ideas and thoughts on the matter)

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Oh, i'm a believer - i believe he was quite an artist when it came to trolling.

Kinda like a one-shot wonder most probably.

Especially if he managed to incorporate intelligent design into it.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
My system wont let me link or quote stuff from the site i visited but i hope this link gets you there:

site:www.johntitor.strategicbrains.com john titor truths

Read as much as you can. Nobody is saying he's a time traveler per se, but there are many facts, including nuclear war in 2015.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
In order fo Titor to be correct, the circumstances have to be correct. The time would have to be ocorrect.
It's possible, I suppose that regardless if Titor was a fraud, that in the throy of multiple parallell universes there could be a case where John Titor was telling the truth, and these events that are held as proof could be echoes or variants of the event he witnessed.
Be that as it may, much of the story has been interrpreted by his believers and his doubters. The fact that knowledge exitsed before hand about the computer, while limited, menas that it did infact exist. people push forward the Civil war (wich is still failing to occur) despite the fact that other circumstances were to be met before the war, and have not.
In my opinion, Titor has now the place of Nostradomus on the Web. His predictions are interrpreted as people choose them to be, and fit (or hammered) to their views.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
John Titor did not predict

with vague quatrains.

He said what he saw in plain English.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

True, i suppose he did. But even definite dates and list of events seem to be open to interpretation by folks. For instance, seen any Whacko events lately? How did 'O5 affect you?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I'm sorry, is that thumbs down directed towards myself?

I only ask because i offered an opposing viewpoint from your own - one, which i might say, was perfectly reasonable.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If he was a hoaxer, he certainly did his homework, it was not a hit and run kind of hoax, too much detail, complexity and storyline.

I'm saying that if his China Olypics prediction or rather statement comes true, then I will really be thinking and reading his posts more..

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Um, the only people that actually wants it to be cancelled are either Americans or Europeans.

If no one goes then China gets all the medals :S.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Okay, if it turns out to be true, go ahead.

It's not as if i'm telling you not to.

I'm just worried this is something more sinister in nature than we immediately give credit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join