It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't want to be a moderator.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I thought the Moderators were part of the normal discussion just like everyone else - only thing though, I tend to take what they say as having more truth or validity to it.

If it comes from a Moderator, I automatically assume it to be true somewhat, since I'm new here.

81,048 points! Goodness gracious that's A LOT of points!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If nothing else dude..you gave my heart a jolt. YOU and every other mod on this site ARE a part of the GREATEST STAFF ON THE INTERNET.
We as members are so lucky to have you devote your time to keeping us in line when we have a tendency to fall by the wayside, or need help at all.
I have ALWAYS gotten help from the Mods when I asked, no matter how huge or small my problem.
As for our members..I proudly tell everyone I know that Iam a member here. that ATS is the BEST site, and we have a great standard of membership unlike any other site.

WE ROCK!!!

Kleverone...please don't scare me like that again...

You almost made me cry...

AD

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I agree...i thought you were going to have a public departure.

I remember visiting with you when you were not a moderator. You were (then) a passionate yet intelligent person. you from time to time would "cross the line", but had no problem throwing yourself on the altar.

Didn't you have a picture of a tat that you used to show when you felt you had really screwed up? And it is wierd seeing your from LA....i remember you being aussie (but that may be a total fabrication of my memory).

I treat everyone the same. I have never been warned, and never had any points taken away from me. I see it kind of like ArMap (and thus, have great respect for him): i want to be respectful but honest with everyone.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
DUDE!

dude
432 up, 108 down
A word that is established in a Californians mental dictionary at a very young age.

A nickname for a person you don't know

A word that expresses alarm, shock, anger, or happiness

A word added on to a sentence to prove a point

A word used to convey sympathy

Cali Dad: Come one baby, say DAD D-A-D
Cali Teen1: Let's hit the mall, dude!
Ca li Baby: Dude!!
Cali Dad: **groan**
~
Person: Hey.. erm, dude! Yeah the dude over there!
~
**gropes random person**
Random Person: DUDE! No!
~
Do you know what I mean, dude?
~
Guy1: And then she dumped me for my brother!
Guy2: Dude....

Ya feel me!

MonKey

Quote from The Urban Dictionary

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Klev, sorry about the car man! That stinks, badly. They should do the same thing to car jacks they did to horse thiefs, string 'em from a high limb until dead.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Its been long, long time coming again and a long time (for me) ... since I had an operation...( you can dig)

but, I haven't, and I wonder why????
Think I'll let my ATS brothers fly...
But I fill..
like I must ..
tell SOMEONE.....

Just thinking about it ...it,, ,it,, increases my paranoia...

reminds me of my Woodstock days...yeah, and. .I think a message...

will , Moderate the haze...but , I’m him and her ...and I wonder why!!!!

ATS will be my guide, ...till THUNDER!!

and love...will rule the our lives...

I wonder>???

Go, and do your thing...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Klev,
I hate everyone equally, you will get the same respect and scrutiny I would give to any poster, and it's not much.

But I know what you're saying, I have seen members act 'abnormally' aggressive towards Mods, and I have seen members post what I feel is "what the Mod wanted to see". I have seen it quite a few times.

People on ATS should know the Mods are not infallible.

Except the 'Super Moderators' of course... (peace be with them)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

We really are a great bunch aren't we?

"ATS MEMBERS RULE!!!!!"

Semper

Greater actually

I think we should form factions and start a civil war though!! Super Mods, Mods, Members, all against the new members... maybe they can get a Site Admin or 2, for even steven.

[edit on 013030p://7u36 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I'm glad you have the hands to mandle it.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I think some folks need a peanut butter and mayonnaise and
banana sandwich ...and a wake - up call.

That of course is only my thoughts...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
kleverone....

your avatar is so different, I have lost touch with what you 'used' to be....

after reading your OP....sounds like there is pain in there, so I'm responding to say....'hope you're OK'....

ww

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Oh that would make me puke right now. No offense.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
If someone stole my classic chevy while busting my ass I'd be a bit jaded too. He's a regular Joe like the rest of us. Not asking for special tx or niceties.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I've lost cars, but there's another member, here on ATS, who deserves attention, because it involves a human, very close to him.

So, toss away a car? Easy.

But if you love another human being, that should be honored beyond physical wants....

Some may know of whom I speak, others not....but I know he would not want attention, except from those who already know...

and, in our petty differences, as they crop up....we should remember that below that, there are stronger ties to bind....

ww

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I liked the look of the sun glasses, so I made this avatar, if you like you can use it.. If not that coo too... Look into the sun glasses to see the reflection... Might not notice it at first...

I hear what you are saying, but undoubtedly, given the fact that people are generally afraid of authority, you can see how some might feel as if you hold the power to shut them off if they express themselves too much... It's good to know you are not taking on that roll! Anyway, have a good one.. !

[edit on 7-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
kleverone....

your avatar is so different, I have lost touch with what you 'used' to be....

With what I used to be? And you gathered this from my avatar?
I assure that I am the same dude I have always been, actually a little cooler as bigfatfurrytexan pointed out

after reading your OP....sounds like there is pain in there, so I'm responding to say....'hope you're OK'....

Sorry for the confusion but I am actually doing very well and I am in a great place. The OP was slightly misleading as I was going for a tiny bit of shock value. I hope the true message was not lost, which is "OUR MEMBERS ROCK!!!!"

Don't let the beard fool you!!!!! It makes me look crazy I know, but I assure you. All is well.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

That is awesome man! I think I will use that one, thanks!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
kleverone always reminds of Jay K, from jamiroquai - except not quite as scruffy

In general, a golden rule for ANY "official" is that you know they're having a good game when you don't notice they're there, but I'm not sure that this applies to mods.

Personally, I'd love to see more posting, as the views and input is always really good.

That said, I can understand how other duties interefere with this.

What I don't like is people forgetting that mods are members too - just because they got a badge, doesn't make their contributions any less valid or any MORE valid.
So when a mod contributes to a thread, forget the badge and remember they are posting as a member...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Kleverone...please don't scare me like that again...

You almost made me cry...

AD

Well, as weird as this may sound, thanks!
Didn't mean to scare you, just wanted to get peoples attention so I could tell them how cool they are. Everyone needs a pat on the back sometime. You guys are making me even more proud with each and every response. ATS Rocks!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I remember visiting with you when you were not a moderator.

I do as well, ahh the old days

You were (then) a passionate yet intelligent person. you from time to time would "cross the line", but had no problem throwing yourself on the altar.

It stings less when I do it !

Didn't you have a picture of a tat that you used to show when you felt you had really screwed up?

Yes I do, good catch! I still use it from time to time!

And it is wierd seeing your from LA....i remember you being aussie (but that may be a total fabrication of my memory).

Never been to Austrailia but I would like to, and I just moved from LA last week to The DC area. Gotta keep an eye on Bush

I treat everyone the same. I have never been warned, and never had any points taken away from me. I see it kind of like ArMap (and thus, have great respect for him): i want to be respectful but honest with everyone.

Which is a big part of why you have my utmost respect, along with your knowledge and ability to convey your message through intelligent discussion. Stay cool

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join