It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Arrested With Infrared Cameras at LAX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

2 Arrested With Infrared Cameras at LAX

www.breitbart.com

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Two men attempting to board a plane to China with nearly a dozen sensitive infrared cameras in their luggage were arrested on Saturday, a federal official said.
Federal agents stopped the pair on the jetway as they were preparing to board the flight to Beijing.

The men had been in the United States for about a week, said Rick Weir, assistant special agent in charge of the Los Angeles office of the Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security.

Yong Guo Zhi, a Chinese national, and Tah Wei Chao, a naturalized U.S. citizen, were arrested for investigation of trying to take thermal imaging cameras with potential military use to China without the proper export licenses, Weir said.

Julie Salcido, a supervising agent with the Bureau of Industry and Security, said one of the men purchased the cameras, assuring the seller repeatedly that they were only for domestic use.

"He repeatedly said he wouldn't export," she said.

Ten of the cameras, which measure about 2 inches square and cost about $5,000 each, were found in the men's checked luggage, Weir said. Salcido said it appeared they split the shipment up between them.

The cameras have both commercial and military uses but they are "very expensive, highly sensitive," Weir said. "They're not something you could buy off the shelf."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Seems China is still stealing secrets. Im just surprised that let the guys through the baggage check points. Says they stopped the pair on the jetway as they were preparing to board the flight to Beijing. So nail clippers would get you detained or nipple piercings will get you striped searched and you have to remove them to board a plane. But secret military thermal imaging cameras go right ahead and board.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
i'm not surpised...these are the ones that got caught. and i think that maybe they were either stupid, unprofessional, or even set-up to take a fall, so as to show to the world that america is vigilent about guarding its secrets. much safer ways for china to acquire hardware and software, is to hide them on the massive ships, that are involved in the shipment of goods and products to the U.S., as they return to china. there are literally hundreds of these crossing the oceans a year. this just sounds too convienent for me to take seriously.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Poor China, this isn't the good ole days when Clinton just gave them a free pass to steal whatever they wanted. Now they have to work on it.

Its no wonder the US has had to build our arms up, with threats like tyrannical China and a resurgent soon to be dictatorship Russia, we have to take steps to protect ourselves.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

S/F for ya! Yea.....somethings become clearer the more you step back and think about them. Is this just more propaganda from DHS ? Sure sounds like it! They get all the way to the jetway... *grins at JBA2848* good point!!!

I have a friend that went to the Caribbean by airline, then cruise. Went though all the check points to their destination however, upon coming back..wasn't a single check point and walked right though.. go figure

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

"2 Arrested With Infrared Cameras at LAX"

SO WHAT?

Did you get this excited about our country stabbing us all in the back by giving our jobs to china?

If you haven't figured out what's really going on by now then I don't know what to say besides read these 2 books;

1. From Major Jordans Diary and

2. The best enemy money can buy

I'm sorry, and I don't mean to sound too harsh but there are way bigger fish to fry than this professional distraction.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

This is my favorite from the Clintons dealing with China. archive.newsmax.com...

Newly declassified documents show that President Bill Clinton personally approved the transfer to China of advanced space technology that can be used for nuclear combat.
The documents show that in 1996 Clinton approved the export of radiation hardened chip sets to China. The specialized chips are necessary for fighting a nuclear war.

"Waivers may be granted upon a national interest determination," states a Commerce Department document titled "U.S. Sanctions on China."

"The President has approved a series of satellite related waivers in recent months, most recently in November, 1996 for export of radiation hardened chip sets for a Chinese meteorological satellite," noted the Commerce Department documents.

These special computer chips are designed to function while being bombarded by intense radiation. Radiation hardened chips are considered critical for atomic warfare and are required by advanced nuclear tipped missiles

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Well I do get excited when the government screws us over. And the Clintons did a lot of it from there office in the White House. Bush I believe turns blind eye because he wants the money they offer for the US debt.

I will add more links concerning the China US government spying and espionage as I find them to this page for you.

www.spaceref.com...

Washington, D.C. - Top Communist Chinese military officials are being given access to numerous American military installations , including Patrick Air Force Base (PAFB), Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS), and Kennedy Space Center (KSC). Officially, the tour is being touted as one to showcase the quality of life and the morale of American troops. The tour, however, also grants limited access to the Range Operations Control Center (ROCC) and a Space Shuttle Orbiter Processing Facility (OPF), both of which are crucial facilities to American launch operations.

Spacecoast Congressman, U.S. Rep. Dave Weldon, who was not notified by the Pentagon of this visit, called into question the itinerary and asked the Secretary of Defense to remove the ROCC and OPF from the agenda. He also requested that the Secretary permit a staffer from his office to accompany the tour. These requests were rejected.

This is a must read from link Timeline and money paid takes up to much room to cut and paste.

Time Line of Clinton China Decisions From MSNBC, May 27, 1998

www.globalsecurity.org...

As the Clinton administration debated whether to allow U.S. satellites to be lofted into orbit aboard Chinese missiles, Bernard Schwartz, chairman of Loral Space & Communications, and Democratic fund-raiser Johnny Chung, allegedly using money from the Chinese army, gave more than $500,000 in soft money, ostensibly used for `party-building efforts,' to the Democrats.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by JBA2848]

[edit on 6-4-2008 by JBA2848]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
And people still think that bubba did no wrong.

Thanks for posting this. People need to understand just how damaging what clinton did was.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
JBA2848,

Yeah, I know all about ol' bubba and the schenanigans surrounding him, and the body count too.

I think most folks either figured it out, or don't care, probably and sadly more folks line up behind the not caring part.

Aside from voting in all 3rd party candidates across the board to clean the roaches out of D.C., I think we're pretty much screwed, considering the seal [ of the enemy ] is on the back of our dollar bill.

Eh?

I'd still rather have our jobs back, AND, I'm not saying you're wrong but, I don't think the way to raise awareness is through bubba because they [ most folks ] just don't care, and can't care because they don't see thru the veils of deception and they don't want to dredge up ol bubba. [ just wait til the wife is prez
, we'll have some real fun then... ]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Heres a nice article on Hillary and Bills great adventure with India. Doesn't really have anything to do with the topic here though.
The Outsource Queen
Even shows the ties of India and the Bill Clinton Foundation which is where there charity donations go toward there tax right offs on there tax returns.

www.hillaryclinton.com...
Heres a link to the Clintons tax returns at the bottom of the page youll see the links to the different years.

new topics

top topics

join