It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hudson Valley NY 1983/1984 UFO flap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
After all my years of UFO research, I still consider this to be one of the top mass UFO sightings of all time. Note the testimony of Ed Burns (Vice President IBM Retired). Watching these videos makes me realize and reinforces why I'm so interested and captivated by the UFO phenomena.

From Unsolved Mysteries

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Great episode. I have the entire unsolved mysteries series on DVD.

Loved it when they played during the 90s. And I specifically remember this episode to be one of the best short UFO docs I've ever seen.

Also, try and find a disc out there called "UFOs Over Australia". Has some very good accounts in it as well. Can find it on netflix.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Very cool. I grew up right there. It's funny when they show the map of where the UFO flew over the way my brain works to remember specifics about each town is I remember the chicks I dated in that town. Very curious things happen in the Hudson Valley still to this day.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
*edit* sorry mods

[edit on 8-4-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

I used to watch Unsolved Mysteries all the time but I had never seen that episode. Thanks U.R.!!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wow I used to love that show, I vaguely remember this one...

Thanks for posting it...I am going to see if I can pull up a little info about this particular wave of sightings. I am sure there must be tons written about this if so many towns and law enforcement agencies were swamped with calls.

Great post

1981-The Hudson Valley Triangles: In the last twenty-five years or so, reports of UFO began to include not just sightings of disc or saucer shaped objects, but also triangular-shaped unknowns. These so-called "silent running" craft are reported often today, and are still an enigma to UFO researchers.

Read the rest here: ufos.about.com...

The Hudson Valley UFO account is composed of not one, but many sightings, all similar, and all pointing to one conclusion. There was something "unexplained" going on in this place only an hour's drive north of New York City.

Read the rest here:
www.ufoevidence.org...

[edit on 8-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I just talked to Dennis Sant who is one of the witnesses in the youtube clips. He suggests anyone who is interested in this case to read the book "Night Siege: The Hudson Valley UFO Sightings by Dr. J. Allen Hynek"

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I would have to say that if it were not for his testimony, I would be on the fence with this one... but those who saw the craft itself (between the lights) as with the IBM employee, make it very believable.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
You think Mr. Sant's testimony is flaky? He said it went right over his house just above the tree tops and him and his son walked right under it before it moved away. I would have pooped my pants.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You just talked to him as in over the phone Ufo-Reality or by e-mail or what? What did he say anything good, and do you know him or something?

Inquiring minds need to know!

Thanks for the book recommendation, going to look for it on Amazon. And yes I would have had to change my shorts as well!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I am sorry, I guess I was not clear. It was his testimony that made me very much believe that it was a UFO that night. I am sure that other nights were the 'airplanes', but not that night nor the night with the IBM employee. I do believe that some sightings were from the formation flying as depicted in the story. Cool that you get to speak with this person.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
After all my years of UFO research, I still consider this to be one of the top mass UFO sightings of all time. Note the testimony of Ed Burns (Vice President IBM Retired). Watching these videos makes me realize and reinforces why I'm so interested and captivated by the UFO phenomena.

From Unsolved Mysteries

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I have the UFO series, twice.
That was a good series. The fleet looked like triangles, ie three
balls of lightning or static electricity of high potential.
Or as the song goes great balls of fire.

The flying wing looks like the Arnold saucer.
The main motor being in the center.

A story of good note is when the Canadian Mickalak looked inside a saucer.
What do you think that tube is? A lava lamp or Tesla bulb?

The Roswell recreation has many points that show it was a creation
in the first place, one the stench in the autopsy room.
One researcher found a first hand account.
Lying on the ground, they look like monkeys ready for the move
to come in Planet of the Apes.

The Belgian Triangle shows a lot of the structure because of
so many witnesses and it went so slow and low.
At the end watch what it finds.
The western border crossing may have be where the FOO first appeared
as Allied bombers flu into Germany.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
You just talked to him as in over the phone Ufo-Reality or by e-mail or what? What did he say anything good, and do you know him or something?

Inquiring minds need to know!

Thanks for the book recommendation, going to look for it on Amazon. And yes I would have had to change my shorts as well!

Email. He's a busy guy so I don't want to bother him, and none of you should either. He said his testimony word for word is in the book I mentioned above. J Allen Hynek is the author and met with Dennis. Good stuff. I highly doubt what he saw that night was a fleet of planes.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

The flying wing looks like the Arnold saucer.
The main motor being in the center.

A story of good note is when the Canadian Mickalak looked inside a saucer.
What do you think that tube is? A lava lamp or Tesla bulb?

Check the red glow on the Hudson Valley low and slow flier and
inside of the saucer found in the Canada episode of Mickalak.

Similar to th Belgian Triangle red glow of the central motor.
Quite evident in your avitar.
A very powerful electrical device.

The universe is highly electric and must be controlled properly
and not given to the mases.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
I just talked to Dennis Sant who is one of the witnesses in the youtube clips. He suggests anyone who is interested in this case to read the book "Night Siege: The Hudson Valley UFO Sightings by Dr. J. Allen Hynek"

I have NEVER spoken of this ANYWHERE! It has been something that has been in my mind for years. My husband and I was this UFO, whatever it was, all those years ago. I know it was NOT airplanes. That I am very certain of. There was NO sound, and it moved VERY slowly. I know what I saw, and it was not anything I have seen before.

I have wanted to talk about this for a long time, but I know how people feel when you tell them you have seen a "UFO". It is something that is in me. I know what I saw...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EPE123

Welcome to ATS EPE,
you did well joining us here, because you can talk about UFOs, share your experiences and opinions all you want because people will take you seriously and debate intelligently with you.

I hope you have a nice time here.

top topics

join