It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on Holiday with me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You have a six week break. You decide to spend the six weeks on an isolated island. You do not need to worry about food, water or accommodation. You may invite only three people....anybody you like, besides immediate family or loved ones. I have thought long and hard about this and have only come up with two guests.

Stephen Hawking: His theories on time fascinate me. Although I am a novice at the likes of Quantum Physics and Time Displacement, I would love to get his take on things - face to face.

David Icke: New world order, reptilian overlords, illuminati....all of these subjects are incredible/incredulous to say the least....and I love them.

There were a couple of candidates for my invitation, such as HF Verwoed, the supposed father of apartheid. Unfortunately he is dead and we can only have living people. Leonardo de Vinci would certainly have been a prime candidate.

What I hope to achieve here is good debate and who knows one of our guests may actually decide to answer some of our questions on ATS.
Remember we want to ask questions that will stimulate debate and any arguments, which will definitely occur, need to be resolved in a meaningful, adult manner.
What I envisage here is to learn about brilliant individuals, their theories, thoughts and actions

I have been at ATS for quite a few years, posted very little, yet visit almost every day. I do not understand the point system and do not care.

So, get thinking about who you want along with you and lets learn together.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Interesting question.

Dalai lama - for deep conversation
Andrew Goldsworthy - for fun art projects throughout the island
Molto Mario - for cooking instruction

The three choices I made might help me come out of the experience a better man.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
Interesting question.

Dalai lama - for deep conversation
Andrew Goldsworthy - for fun art projects throughout the island
Molto Mario - for cooking instruction

The three choices I made might help me come out of the experience a better man.

Interesting. Two people I have not heard of. Added to my list. I did a quick google on both and get a sense of what you are about. Food is definately part of all our lives and you will have great meals for six weeks. I hope you intend to learn from Mr Mario. Andrews creativity looks amazing...Life from a different angle.
The Dalai Lama will be on many peoples list and definately an interesting guest. Molto will be preparing some fantastic vegatarian dishes.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You said this was a break so I would take the time to clear my head and meditate, enjoy nature and work on my book.

I would take Martha Stewart as she is very successful and has led an interesting life. Would love to pick her brain.

Dali lama to meditate with and learn.

And lastly I would take a handsome, strong man under 30 years of age to to be my servant/secretary/masseuse/eye candy/companion. Of course he would be highly intelligent and possess perfect manners and have a good sense of humor.

When do we leave?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Excellent Thread Topic

Jimmy Carter; I think he knows more than he is telling, and he might just have a pretty spiritual viewpoint on the alien issue, and he is a physicist to boot.

David Wilcock: I'll let carter have a whack at him just to find out how much of his stuff is self-aggrandizing BS.

John Lear: I'll withhold food and booze until he comes clean.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
You said this was a break so I would take the time to clear my head and meditate, enjoy nature and work on my book.

I would take Martha Stewart as she is very successful and has led an interesting life. Would love to pick her brain.

Dali lama to meditate with and learn.

And lastly I would take a handsome, strong man under 30 years of age to to be my servant/secretary/masseuse/eye candy/companion. Of course he would be highly intelligent and possess perfect manners and have a good sense of humor.

When do we leave?

Meditation - Good, although, after Martha Stewart, learning with His Holiness and your, er, servant, I think that you will need a lot of rest and meditation AFTER you get back home from holiday.

What do you want to learn from Martha and The Dalai Lama. Remember six weeks is a short time.
I want Stephen Hawking to explain how the M-theory really affects our day to day lives. Duality is one thing, Magic is another...or is it all one or is everything an illusion.
Ickes take on things is radical, yet makes sense on some levels. I need to ask some radical questions to David to just clear up a few cob webs in my own head.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by andolin
Excellent Thread Topic

Jimmy Carter; I think he knows more than he is telling, and he might just have a pretty spiritual viewpoint on the alien issue, and he is a physicist to boot.

David Wilcock: I'll let carter have a whack at him just to find out how much of his stuff is self-aggrandizing BS.

John Lear: I'll withhold food and booze until he comes clean.

Great. The David and David debate would be very interesting to watch. I do think think that both say similar things in one context, but differ greatly on others. Definately something to research.
As a South African, I do not know a great deal about Jimmy Carter, Although what I know of him makes me think he is a great humanitarian. The cynic in me questions his motives, yet the work he does shows that perhaps he is the geniune article....more research.

I love John Lear. If not only for the extraordinary views he has.

[edit on 6/4/08 by bjamison]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bjamison

Oh my bjamison I need to enlighten you as to the "servant". There will be no physical activity between he and I. He will assist me in my quest for knowledge and comfort. A daily massage would help the stress level of just being in the presence of Martha and the Dali Lama. His duties would also include recording the activities on video, taking care of my wardrobe., and doing whatever else I deem necessary for my guest and I too have a meaningful time together.

Martha Stewart is not a favorite person of mine. But she is very successful. I want to question her concerning her business, and ask her about her fall from glory and her imprisonment. I want to know how it effected her then and if and how it changed her.

From the Dali Lama I would not only want to hone my meditation practice I would also want to hear his views about how to live in peace with myself.
Transcending to a higher level of consciousness would also be a goal.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but six weeks on a tropical island I'd invite Sandra Bullock, Drew Barrymore and Jeri Ryan.

BUT if it was a night out down the local for a few beers and interesting conversation then Stephen Fry (philosophical), Jeremy Clarkson (practical) and Patrick Moore (astronomer)

...would try and make it pub quiz night too!

top topics

join