It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuck in a Kangaroo Court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what I could do. I will start by telling you that this is not a major case but has anyone ever gotten screwed by local courts because of someone who your against knows someone in the county that you live in?

I am a small landscaper and lawn care professional, I have contracts for maintaining customers property during the growing season. The problem arose two seasons ago when one of my customers failed to pay me for the work I had done and after numerous attempts to collect the balance I filed a claim in small claims court in our town.

The signed contract I have is very very clean cut and detailed in regards to the work to be preformed, as well as payment terms. I am very very frustrated because the person who I am taking to court must have a friend on the inside because the terms of the contract are being ignored. I despise the fact that there is just no justice. The case is not large enough for me to hire a lawyer only $150. But from my stand point it is the principal, I will be god damed if I will just let this arrogant SOB get the better of me. I am a hard working family man who gives a "fair days work for a fair days pay".

Does anyone know how I could make sure this is handled fairly. He has already manipulated the dates for the case to make sure they inconvenienced me the most.
corruption is wrong! no matter what scale it is on.

I hope someone has some Ideas, Thank you for your time

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Many time there are attorneys that like to fight for the little guy regardless of the money involved or weather they get paid. Call the Local law school/university and tell them your particulars; they may have a faculty member that still likes to keep his hand in the real world for bragging rights if nothing else.

The "Better Business Bureau" may also be able to assist you in getting paid.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thanks for the advise, I will give it a try.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
you might want to try any local newspapers you have,they love the old corruption in the town hall stories.

Hope you get it sorted,we have so many problems at work here with bad payers. Good luck!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Do you happen to know if there is a activist group or any governing organization that looks into this sort of thing. There has to be a way to bring light to this issue, if not there should be.

top topics

join