It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would NASA lie?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There has been plenty of threads about life in the solar system and NASA covering things up and lying to us. Mike Singh has done (another) great thread on this subject today.

However, i do have a query or two - WHY?would they deny all this? Wouldnt it be easier on them if they admitted to maybe microbial life on mars. They are always moaning about their budgets being cut, surely evidence of extra terrestrial life would mean an increased budget for them?

If we are also being drip fed info in the build up to full disclosure, why wouldnt they admit to microbial life as its the perfect lead in to finally admit what, if anything, else is being held back regarding UFOs and EBE´s.?

Anyone got any answers for these as i cant for the life of me see a valid reason for this continually being covered up. I want to believe but the logic for denial is beyond me

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Why would they lie?

Well one good reason I could think of is to save many of the sheeple from going crazy!! Mass panic in the streets!
Some forces in this world have put alot of work into telling us as a whole what reality is and isnt.
If NASA comes out with something that doesnt jive with that reality, Well there will be problems.
Some people are so far gone, that they can not handle the truth. And when hearing the truth, their everyday lives mean nothing to them anymore.
Sadly enough I belive some things they know would ensure choas, and would break the mind control spell put over most of us..

Why would they lie?
They have many reasons to lie and keep the truth from us!

[edit on 5-4-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I agree.

I think it is entirely to maintain the status quo.

I admit that there are probably elements within NASA who disagree with the policies regarding not getting into the whole ET issue, I think it's probably fair to say that they are ulimately in the hands of the military, and however much people suggest otherwise - they will do exactly as they are told.

I recently converted a FOIA document entitled:
FOIA: KSC Prodecures for handling reports of Space Vehicle Fragments and UFO's

(unfortunately it's not in the public forum yet)

In this document, NASA have to report certain things to the military and are not allowed to enter into discussion with the public over them.

What does that suggest to you?

[edit on 5-4-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well you know...

When 17 thousand people have 17 billion reasons to lie... they lie.

If its one thing that's needed for a Money Pit (TM), its status quo.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

Yes, why would NASA lie?
Would they lie about something as simple as microbs on mars?
Perhaps they are doing that...

Why though?
That tiny little proof from our red neighbour could mean we have some other lifeforms that could have evolved on other places.

Who knows, we might even be visited by some of these from another solarsystem....

Denying something as simple as microbs on mars, helps to keep the bigger picture hidden.

I think that is a part of it, if they are lying.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Why would they lie?

Well one good reason I could think of is to save many of the sheeple from going crazy!! Mass panic in the streets!
Some forces in this world have put alot of work into telling us as a whole what reality is and isnt.
If NASA comes out with something that doesnt jive with that reality, Well there will be problems.
Some people are so far gone, that they can not handle the truth. And when hearing the truth, their everyday lives mean nothing to them anymore.
Sadly enough I belive some things they know would ensure choas, and would break the mind control spell put over most of us..

Why would they lie?
They have many reasons to lie and keep the truth from us!

Good point, but as i said in the OP, surely admitting to microbial life wouldnt be that earth shattering. In fact hasnt the US Government already done this? When clinton gave the press conference about proof of life in Martian rocks, the world didnt end did it? So why would NASA lie when the (former) president said there was life elsewhere

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Personally i think the question shouldn't be "why would they lie"
it should be "why would they tell the truth"

whom ever controls the washing machine in which our brains are spun on a daily basis will control what we as a people are told.
I don't believe that when a scientist enters his career he intends on hiding his greatest discoveries from the people, he would want to share them, but ultimately it's not up to him, it's up to "them"

And when you're talking about "them" i don't think truth has, is, or will ever be on their agenda

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by realism
Personally i think the question shouldn't be "why would they lie"
it should be "why would they tell the truth"

whom ever controls the washing machine in which our brains are spun on a daily basis will control what we as a people are told.
I don't believe that when a scientist enters his career he intends on hiding his greatest discoveries from the people, he would want to share them, but ultimately it's not up to him, it's up to "them"

And when you're talking about "them" i don't think truth has, is, or will ever be on their agenda

Again good point....But some people insist that we are in contact with greys, reptillians, draconians, pokemons, whatever. Now surely if that was the case, NASA would be able to say, yes there is alien life, but its only a virus or moss or whatever and we can deny we are in touch with more advanced beings with more plausability.

I must make it clear that i DO believe in UFO,s having seen a disc with my own eyes, but alien life? I still have to be convinced. I would love to see some real evidence and after some of MikeSinghs great posts and links im leaning towards beleiving but i still cannot understand this so called nasa conspiracy as admitting alien life, even a clump of grass would give them billions extra in their budget ?

*edited as beer seems to affect spelling?*

[edit on 5-4-2008 by expatwhite]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

So why would NASA lie when the (former) president said there was life elsewhere.

Now remember this is the same president who said he didnt have sexual relations with that woman
Thus alot of people lie and get away with it.
There was a time when Uncle Ronny (Regan) Said in a state of the union address about the outside threat that we might face from another race, or aliens.
Im pretty sure they just dont want us to know about the other "human" life forms out there. As NASA might know about those other humans out there and dont want it to get out.
I think they would rather the world think of aliens of scary acid bleeding beings rather than what they really are.
NASA is just the public space program.. There is another space program that gets more funding than NASA. And its all military..

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i have also seen a ufo with my own eyes, and do not doubt at all the existance of intelligent life elsewhere. i just don't think NASA are in control of what they can and can not tell the public, whether or not it would increase their budget, they may have disclosed to the powers that be and had their increase already, there is no way to know that kind of information, i really don't think anything is made public unless it is intentional

jra

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Why would they lie?

Why would "sheeple" go crazy? Why would there be mass panic on the streets? You think learning about extra terrestrial would cause that? I've never understood that line of reasoning. I didn't see any mass panic streets when scientists thought they found microbial life from Mars on a meteorite. Quite the opposite really. I'm sure a lot of people shrugged it off and couldn't care less.

Would you go crazy if some sort of alien life was found? Would any of your friends or family? I know I wouldn't go crazy. I'd be excited. I don't know anyone personally who would go crazy either.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
why...

because every singe individual sitting in that stadium believes there's a god looking down on them 24/7.

try telling them different.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is why:

Brookings Report

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I also think that disclosure of alien life is being held back by the government because it is a tool they will use later down the line when they are ready to use it,

just sayin

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Would you go crazy if some sort of alien life was found? Would any of your friends or family? I know I wouldn't go crazy. I'd be excited. I don't know anyone personally who would go crazy either.

Im sure you would be one of the great many who wouldnt freak out over this! I sertinly wouldnt either.. I know many of us would be happy to know.
But you remember HG Wells, War of the Worlds and what It did to people at that time?
Im sure you do.
Thats where my line of thought comes from.

Yes there are many people whos lives would be effected from this knowledge. Prehaps you and I would be okay.
But there are also many that would have a negtive affect upon.
Hence why I used the world sheeple..
No offense to those who can handle it..
But we all know there are those out here who not only dont want to know, but would deny it at every turn..
People are happy with their boring little lives.. Doing the same thing over and over agin..
This knowledge would break that habbit.. And force them into a new age.
An age without the rule of Jesus and all that crap fed to them on a daily basis.. They would have to rewrite religion.. And those people sertinly dont want to have to do that..

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
plenty of religions believe life only exists on earth because it was god's doing. to say there is life elsewhere could potentially mean everything they were taught to be believe is crap. The only reason why I could see that as being damaging to a person's mentality is simply due to the fact that people like to believe in an afterlife.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

That was a story of a major city being attacked by an alien menace over, wat was at the time, the only chief source of information.
There's a diference between that, and saying "Yes, we've found evidence of life on Mars."
aside form that, why would they admit that there is likely to be life on other moons within our galaxy?

jra

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

But you remember HG Wells, War of the Worlds and what It did to people at that time?

I knew this would be brought up and I don't think it's a good example.

From what I've read, the reports of panic were exaggerated. You also have to remember it was 1938 and war was brewing in Europe. I believe there was a bit of tension atmosphere at that time as well.

I think any seemingly authentic news report of an invasion, would cause some panic among people who listened to it. Regardless if it's aliens or Germans or what have you.

I'd like to see if a fake news report of some benevolent aliens making contact would cause people to panic or not.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
I'd like to see if a fake news report of some benevolent aliens making contact would cause people to panic or not.

I agree, Id like to see how far we have come.
Sorry for using War of the worlds as an IE.
But for me to sit and think.. We a society, when we think of aliens, Its my feeling that the first thing people think is.. Are they going to attack us?

Thus thats why I used that example, becasue from the early 1900's we have been trained to feel aliens = War of some kind.
Movies and shows all groom us to feel if there is life, then they must want to take over, or steal our bodies or what not..
You know what IM saying? I clearly speak for myself.. But I do understand how the hive mind works..

Very few of us are on the level to where we know what we know, and we have no fear of such things. We only want that knowledge!! And we are keen to want to understand if we are being lied too.
Which is the point of this thread.. The lies being told are to protect the Status Quo. To protect religion in its current form.

But yes, I would like to see how people of this day and age react!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaden_x
why...

because every singe individual sitting in that stadium believes there's a god looking down on them 24/7.

try telling them different.

are the bible and religion firmly opposed to the possibilty of Extra terestrial life. Surely there could still be a God or supreme being even if life was elsewhere in the universe.

This is hard to say without offending people (its honestly not my intention) but the US seems to have much more extreme religious leanings than the UK: We hear a lot over here about the religious overtones that are included in US politics and schools, even down to evolution being banned in some states?

I guess my question is, would it be a case of the UK could handle it and the US couldnt due to the sphere of influence different churches over there hold?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join