It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians slaughter rare species in Gaza

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I didn't fully watch the video, as soon as the knife came out I knew exactly what was going to happen. btw, WTH is with middle eastern people and slitting throats?? knock it over the head or something...

Disgusting, but like everyone has stated, you would do the same thing if you were dirt poor and starving.

I've decided im going to ignore most news out of the middle east from now on, nothing positive ever comes out of these areas... it's sad really.

[edit on 4/5/2008 by porky1981]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
I have no pity for the Muslim ass-clowns that cause all the crap they bring on..they are lucky the jews have not wiped them out!!

Didn't bother reading the rest of this post.

ALERTED for blatant promotion of ethnic cleansing, racial and religious hatred.

Boy I love threads like this. Really brings them out of the woodwork y'know?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I second that protest Newworldover. This whole thread is ridiculous. Every country in the world is horrible to animals not to mention the Palestinians live in literal hell. They are used as target practice by the occupying Israelis and all the rocket attacks are coming from Fatah which is controlled by the west so its all a big joke.

Its all a lie there is no Israeli/Palestinian conflict because you have to have 2 sides that actually fight instead you have Israel false flagging left right and center and then bombing the Palestinians with laser guided bombs in the name of peace. By false flag i mean that the arab groups that fight are controlled by the west fatah and Hamas.

Hezbollah is the only group that really fights for the people the other 2 groups are co-oped by god knows how many secret agencies to provoke aggression

I got news for Israel they can bomb all they want they will never get rid of all the Palestinians, in fact before they even come close the citizens of Israel will rise against the Zionist psychopaths and the good people of the region will prevail.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Americans have slaughtered millions of helpless creatures over the years. Our guns, traps & poisons are directly involved in animals being on the endangered list.

Bison, Wolves, Foxes, Beavers, Seal, Eastern diamond back Rattle Snakes, Whales, Salmon, Cougar, Bald Eagles, Bear and the list goes on until the break pf dawn... Doesn't the OP think it's a joke to 'finger point' one turtle being killed by a group of hungry Palestinians in the scheme of things?? Come on now!

Rich people in this country have been wearing fur coats, and raping earth & animal resources for centuries... and now that the poor can afford to buy a fur coat... those same murderous culprits deem it illegal... Please!

What kind of double standard game are you playing here??

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
btw, WTH is with middle eastern people and slitting throats?? knock it over the head or something...

Thank you for bringing this point up. I should have included it in my last post.

When an animal is slaughtered for consumtion, in the Arabic and Muslim culture, the animal is always killed by slitting its throat. The reason for this is because it's to let the blood drain out from the animal's body. Since many diseases are carried through an animal's blood, its consumption is forbidden, even in cooking.

Because the video shows the people slitting the turtle's throat, rather than bashing its head in, electrocution, or shooting it in the head, which is what most likely occurs with traditional slaughtering in the US, it has lead me to believe that they didn't drink the blood. If they had bashed its head it, then the animal would have retained most of its blood, which would give the video/article's reporter more validity when they said that the turtle's blood was drank as an aphrodisiac.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Great post man, and a solid counter-arguement to the articles slant towards blood-drinking

I don't like that they killed the turtle that way, but what you said about the diseases makes sense to me. Although I would think contaminated blood would typically not be in issue when thoroughly cooked?

And yes, even more barbaric means of slaughtering are employed in US Slaughterhouses. Although slicing at the throat is very common for cows.
Factory Farms don't use bullets to the head, they usually pick the cheapest route. They are penny-pinchers by nature. Shots to the head are usually a small family farm type-o-thing. Which is actually better then most of the other options as it's faster..

[edit on 013030p://6u19 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Be Nice!

The topic is obviously rather inflammatory, but that does not excuse behavior contrary to the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

So please, try to avoid taking the bait, be calm, respect the rights of all members to their own opinions, avoid insults, epithets or personal commentary and Deny Ignorance.

Edit to add: This is a general request, not a direct response to any post.

[edit on 4/6/2008 by Majic]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsFrickenAndrew
American says: that home cooked burger was so good, thank god and god bless America for the slaughter of so many animals for us to eat!

Animals such as domesticated cows, are bred for eating. That is not the same as slaughtering a 200+ year old endangered species.

*Palestinians kill turtle and eat it

Not just any turtle, but an endangered species. That turtle more then likely has seen more life than the oldest living human today.

American says: How horrible, they shouldnt do that!!!!!!!

WAKE UP PEOPLE

There is no hypocritical view here, many Americans (just like every free thinking human) can make up their own mind about certain issues. Not every American eats those "cooked burgers" either.

Vegetarians?

[edit on 6-4-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
*yawns*
Another thread about dreadful evil Muslims.
*yawns again*

I find it funny when people try to paint the acts of individuals on an entire group.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast

There is no hypocritical view here, many Americans (just like every free thinking human) can make up their own mind about certain issues. Not every American eats those "cooked burgers" either.

Not every American no. I am an American and I am also a vegetarian
On average America slaughters 100,000 cows a day. Plenty of Americans do eat those burgers

Animals such as domesticated cows, are bred for eating. That is not the same as slaughtering a 200+ year old endangered species.

Let's say hypothetically we bred turtles for eating. They would naturally no longer be 'endangered' at that point. So then by your train of thought it 'would be the same', so then it 'would' then be okay?

[edit on 013030p://6u27 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Its not like theres seal clubbing everywhere in canada or japan are hunting whales to extinction

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
Its not like theres seal clubbing everywhere in canada or japan are hunting whales to extinction

They are both pandemic actually. There is alot of seals being killed in Canada, without discrimination for then women and children seals

I'm sure there are plenty of Canadians and Japanese that are against both these things though.

[edit on 013030p://6u23 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
I didn't fully watch the video, as soon as the knife came out I knew exactly what was going to happen. btw, WTH is with middle eastern people and slitting throats?? knock it over the head or something...

Disgusting, but like everyone has stated, you would do the same thing if you were dirt poor and starving.

I've decided im going to ignore most news out of the middle east from now on, nothing positive ever comes out of these areas... it's sad really.

[edit on 4/5/2008 by porky1981]

What? knock on the head? how many times?

The knife is the fastest way to kill it. Probably a lot better than all these slaughter houses with machines, and having to travel all the way there, stuffed full of other animals in a small container.

I'm just saying, does it matter how they killed it. lol. Killing is killing. I could say what is it with americans and shooting stuff.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Yes I agree. It is quite revealing of some of these members.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast

Not just any turtle, but an endangered species. That turtle more then likely has seen more life than the oldest living human today.

Wouldn't that make a life of a cow more precious, because it doesn't get to live as long.

I'm agaisnt the killing of this turtle, you are right, it has lived so long, I would love to check it out, and see how beautiful it is, eating it would have never come to mind lol. But you know cows are great too. We have gotten "used" to the idea of killing cows and sheep etc. but if it's a dog, then NOO. Why is that?

What makes us choose and judge what should be killed and what shouldn't?
It's confusing.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
It is because they are uneducated...sad that they did it, but not suprising.

What if they were more educated than you think. What if what you knew was false, and what they knew was true?

Do you truly believe humans have counted every single one of these so called rare turtles? How do we truly know they are rare?

How do you know this guy isn't a real "which doctor" and this turtle does have healing powers, and that is the reason they are rare? Because everyone eats them?

How do you know your information is correct, and not his? Did you test your information for its correctness?

[edit on 6-4-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
There are many good points made in this thread. However, I must say, many Palestinians and Syrians kill many innocent people in the name of their religion! It is ridiculous to defend them.
I believe in a Palestinian territory but not at the hands of innocent people… Many on this post imply that Arabs can never do wrong, this is very disturbing!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanglover2008
However, I must say, many Palestinians and Syrians kill many innocent people in the name of their religion!

Nations kill innocent people, that is the common ground. Where they differ is in their alleged reasons. Some Religion. Others oil...err terrorism. Same game, different name. At the end of the graveyard shift, the innocent people are still dead.

It is ridiculous to defend them.

No it's not. Because not all Palestinian and Syrians are military or religious zealots...some are just people surviving, just like alot of 'us'.

I believe in a Palestinian territory but not at the hands of innocent people…

Yeah I too hope they resolve this issue with the least amount of blood-shed possible..

Many on this post imply that Arabs can never do wrong, this is very disturbing!

Really? I didn't see 'many' doing that?.. Maybe I need to re-read or something..

[edit on 033030p://6u12 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Wouldn't that make a life of a cow more precious, because it doesn't get to live as long.

Is a cow an endangered species?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Not every American no. I am an American and I am also a vegetarian
On average America slaughters 100,000 cows a day. Plenty of Americans do eat those burgers

I'm not a vegetarian!

Let's say hypothetically we bred turtles for eating. They would naturally no longer be 'endangered' at that point. So then by your train of thought it 'would be the same', so then it 'would' then be okay?

Hypothetically.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join