It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians slaughter rare species in Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I agree with forestlady.

These people are starving and the world sits back and watches as they are denied the right to live on their own land, be self sufficient and live in peace.

And whilst I agree that it is sad to have killed a creature that belongs to an endangered species, they made good use of all of it. The meat and the blood. There are many cultures that drink the blood of animals and my guess is that there IS some nutritional value.

I do not see the Israelis starving...they have market gardens, and lots of houses on Palestinian land. I wonder what endangered species they are killing for food ?

The world sits back and watches Japan's whale cull, Canada's seal cull ...these two spring to mind at the moment. It seems that the big players in this world can kill endangered species and only a handful of us (wildlife conservationists) dare to challenge.

A couple of people from a wartorn, oppressed starving country try to feed themselves and the world condemns them

That is just so (INSERT YOUR EXPLETIVE HERE)

res

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

I think Israel is really cool. I think Palestinains who put their kids up for Slaughter is as bad as the "ass-clowns" that killed the Turtle.

Thats what "I" think, and I think I'm right.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is awesome memetic engineering.

"Hmmm, how can we get the left to stop supporting the Palestinians? Hey they're all treehuggers, right? Lets say they're eating endangered species!"

Some guy in a Likhudnik think tank somewhere ought to get a medal for this story

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

"'ass-clown" ? an ass is a donkey right ?

I do not favour one side over the other in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
but I am able to see who has the upperhand.

One side is starving while the other plans covert genocide.

res

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hold on!

An animal was killed for food? What is this world coming to? What kind of monsters would do such a thing, just to keep their family from starving to death?

The OP is right - anyone who kills an animal to feed themselves are monsters who will kill anything for sport.

In all seriousness, have any of you actually been to Palestine? I can't tell you how many farms I counted that were blocked off by a wall, keeping the Palestinian farmers from eating their own vegetables or selling them.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

Yeah, and it would be just the same if the Pallies had the upper hand..

They'd wipe out the enemy.

I still like turtles!!

heres some of I've rescued

i50.photobucket.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

If the Palestinians were starving the Israelis, I would be just as enraged about it. No country has the right to starve the people of another.

Self-preservation is a natural instinct and if I were on an island or some other place and had to eat an endangered species, then I would. I would not feel good about it but I would not let myself slowly starve to death.

What would you do ??

On the other hand...thank you for sharing the pic of the turtles.

res

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think its kind of a sad indication of just how badly educated about the situation and un-wordly wise people are when they will condem residents of the gaza strip - who live in what is effectively a walled in ghetto that has had its power and food supplies systematically removed - because they kill an animal and eat it.

What were they supposed to do? Think - "oh thats a rare species so we'll starve?"

[edit on 5/0408/08 by neformore]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

If they'd come out of the STONE-AGE" and get over their "kill all jews" they could EAT.

Thats about all I'll say here...you know what the problem is..

now go look for UFO"S

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I wonder if they decapitated the poor turtle.
I also wonder what the turtle tasted like

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Thanks, I hope you have a nice life too! Thanks for saving turtles as well. I also like turtles! But I like people too, and if they need to eat in order to live, and their other options were nill...then I understand why they did it. Again I think they could of, and should of, found other means of food, as I said in a previous post, but that's imho.

BTW, what I meant by the Mod comment was about your use of swear words not the ideas you were expressing

[edit on 063030p://5u09 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I wonder if they decapitated the poor turtle.
I also wonder what the turtle tasted like

Probably tasted like the 'chicken of the sea'
If you're into that sorta thing. Not i

Decapitated the turtle? Of course they did, hasn't it already been established in this thread they are monsters? They probably made 'other' uses of the whole in the turtle after the head was gone as well.

Yay for racism. Yah for hope.

[edit on 063030p://5u55 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
If they'd come out of the STONE-AGE" and get over their "kill all jews" they could EAT.

Stone age? Since when did they have cars in the stone age?

It's nice to see how much the media propoganda has brainwashed you. You led yourself to believe that they want to (as you say) "Kill all Jews," and the reason they're starving is because they want to kill Jews. I'm sure Israel blocking off major food sources from them, shutting down their electricity and water supply, driving bulldozers into towns to destroy homes so that they can build new settlements for Israelis, as well as keep road blocks at every exit out of the city to keep children from even entering their school has nothing to do with them being in the situation that they're in, it's all because they "want to kill all jews," right?

I think the problem here is that you're ignorant of what's going on in the world. It's easy for you to assume things, but until you've seen how hellish life is there because of what the Israeli goverment is doing, you don't have room to condemn Palestinians for wanting to survive.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

So you're saying none of them should eat?

Hypothetically how many people did you just kill with that idea?

Your sense of compassion and willingness to see all sides?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
One more thing I would like to add, which hasn't been addressed yet is the drinking of the turtle's blood. Neither Arabic, Palestinian, nor Islamic culture allows the drinking of any animal's blood.

It is considered haram (forbidden) to do so as well as a sin, which leads me to believe that the insertion in the news article that they all celebrated by drinking the turtle's blood was placed in there as propoganda, to literally make the reader think that the Palestinians are "blood thirsty."

If anyone would like to correct me, please tell me which culture these Palestinians belong to that considered drinking an animals blood as an aphrodisiac.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Most likely i'd say.

But even if these people were blood-thirsty and doing it knowing their worldview judged it as haram. It's still just them doing it and should not be attibuted to the rest of their people, that's absurd and its racist. As you said, their worldview is that its sinful to do it. I am inclined to think this was purely out of the primal need to eat, but even if it wasn't, it's clearly not representitive of anything really.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I am so over all the left wing Idiots that back the Pallies ( and this is just my thoughts ok!! can I have those>>>????)

And I am tired of the 'other side' calling the lefties idiots simply for voicing concern and trying to discuss things. It's just our thoughts and feelings on these serious issues, is that okay with you? Apparently not.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
DJmessiah,

I mentioned in my first post (this thread) that some cultures drink animal blood and I know it is common in Africa, particularly with the Masai people.

I was unaware that drinking an animal's blood is haram (forbidden, taboo) in the Arabic world. You may well be correct...it may be propaganda.

res

[edit on 5-4-2008 by resistancia]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by DJMessiah

Good!

I guess I'd do alot more to them if they put bombs on their kids and sent them in to blow up jews ( or who ever ) I have no pity for the Muslim ass-clowns that cause all the crap they bring on..they are lucky the jews have not wiped them out!! If it were the other way around ...you know damn well the Pallies (if they had the upper hand) would kill ever man woman and child and turtle !!...jeeeze!!)

I am so over all the left wing Idiots that back the Pallies ( and this is just my thoughts ok!! can I have those>>>????)

I think the whole Muslim bunch that causes trouble , just uses the Pallies to pity -potty-around with...a bunch of crap iif you ask me. (ask me)

I dig turtles though!! and save as many as I can!!

[edit on 5-4-2008 by RUFFREADY]

You can not be serious ? Methinks you are just revving other posters up

You value turtles more than mankind ?

Admirable to help an endangered species but disappointing that you are so against a culture within your own species.

This does not make sense to me

res

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join