It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians slaughter rare species in Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Palestinians slaughter rare species in Gaza

www.reuters.com

Apr. 4 - Palestinian fishermen catch and kill a giant sea turtle, thought to be a Leatherback, an endangered species.

The rare giant sea turtle caught on a beach near Gaza City was slaughtered and eaten by Palestinian fishermen who said its blood was an aphrodisiac, among other therapeutic qualities. A Reuters cameraman said the fishermen collected the giant turtle's blood and gave it to children suffering from trauma and adults with back problems
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
How is it these "people" can murder anything and anyone at will and they are "golden" no matter what. If this was america everyone in the picture would be arested and put in prison. This is vile.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It is because they are uneducated...sad that they did it, but not suprising.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Next will be Cannibalism says Ted Turner.

"Most of the people will have died and the rest of us will be cannibals,"

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ever since Israel recently blockaded Gaza from food, the Palestinians are starving. It makes sense that they would eat whatever they could find. It's sad, but people will eat whatever they can find when they're starving.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
These persons, I would hope, do not represent the people on the whole. If so they should be walled in from the sea as well. I would like to believe the Palestinians would find this behavior as distasteful as the rest of the normal civilized world and reject, prosecute, and shun those involved. They will never gain respect as a people or a nation, long as they condone Neanderthal behaviors.

Its not culture thats the issue, its intelligence. These creatures have been protected for many years, its not an "oops I didn't know".

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Actually its disregard for international law and decorum. Frankly I can see why they would do something like this ... they havent got anything to lose in terms of international standing or reputation.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
How is it these "people" can murder anything and anyone at will and they are "golden" no matter what.

See, a statement like this reeks of political and even ethnic prejudice.

'People'? Are Palestinians not really people?

Are Japanese not really people because they kill dolphins? They are. They're still people.

What's this about Palestinians killing 'anything and anyone '???

Are you insinuating that Palestinians go out and murder people for sport? Is that their favorite past-time?

Cmon now. They are people just like the Israelis who bomb them and steal their land. I don't see anyone referring to Israelis as 'people' as if they are somehow less than human - despite the fact that Israelis have done inhuman things to Palestinians.

This isn't an important story at all - it was just an attempt by the OP to paint Palestinians in a bad light...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

international laws?
Palestian isnt even recognised as a country. so what international laws must it follow? International laws on Protected animals?

so a country that isnt recognised as a country has to ensure that its people doesnt Hunt for food?

Its a Turtle jebus.

so Japan is Whale hunting and they still do it (scincetific reasons but if it ends up on the market thats nothing)

for Canada is seal hunting but thats just to make people look pretty with seal skin.

list of countries goes on.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

How is it these "people" can murder anything and anyone at will and they are "golden" no matter what. If this was america everyone in the picture would be arested and put in prison. This is vile.

It's agains the Law in America to eat Sea Turtles methinks but in all likely hood they would probably be fined and have community service, unless they had history of criminal charges. Still wrong in my eyes, I am just saying.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder:

America slaughters billions of cows, pigs, chickens amongst other animals, and they do it consistently every year.

And they do it mostly for?... Food.

And they are People. Attributing the actions of the people in question to their entire race is "racist".

Originally post by NewWorldOver
This isn't an important story at all - it was just an attempt by the OP to paint Palestinians in a bad light...

Yep. Rather clear to me
And no surprise at all.

[edit on 023030p://5u47 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by 44soulslayer

international laws?
Palestian isnt even recognised as a country. so what international laws must it follow?

Thats a damn good point actually.

I wonder how international protection laws would apply?

BTW Japan isnt technically breaking the law by whaling, they do it for "research" purposes. The canadian seal culling, while regrettable, is also legal under law.

I actually retract my entire earlier post. Its wrong to categorise the entire palestinian people as breaking international law, it could have been the actions of lone fishermen.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
American says: that home cooked burger was so good, thank god and god bless America for the slaughter of so many animals for us to eat!

*Palestinians kill turtle and eat it

American says: How horrible, they shouldnt do that!!!!!!!

WAKE UP PEOPLE

[edit on 5-4-2008 by ItsFrickenAndrew]

[edit on 5-4-2008 by ItsFrickenAndrew]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsFrickenAndrew

Yeah cause cows and endangered sea turtles are really the same right? I mean are cows in danger of going extinct anytime soon?

No shock that the palis would kill this sea turtle. They make sport of killing anyway. I bet if they could find a way to successfully fish by strapping bombs onto there people they would do so. It works for killing innocent Israelis.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The Palestinian people are extremely poor(their own fault).
When your hungry and need medicine, your not going to care if the animal you catch is endangered.

We're used to having all the food and medicine we want, so we find it shocking that people would kill something endangered.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Wow...
ONE Sea Turtle
ONE
Why don't we crucify the entire "occupied territories". I don't understand this. This is like if one America poaches a bear, does the make America the land of frenzied bloody bear slaughter?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor

Yeah cause cows and endangered sea turtles are really the same right? I mean are cows in danger of going extinct anytime soon?

No, but the species that was used to create cows are

Look, if we have that attitude towards any animal species that are not already endangered, then we run the risk of endagering them. Right? I mean, here you are just casually accepting the killing of them because they are not endangered. Most people share that attitude, in that they don't care until they get the label "endangered". That's sad to me

It's worse to kill an animal that is endangered definetly, and for obvious reasons. But that doesn't make the killing of a non-endangered species a good thing...

As a vegetarian and a backyard-farmer, i'm sure I am "biased" on my attitude of using animals as food. I just know a non-animal diet can be done, and done 'healthily'

No shock that the palis would kill this sea turtle.

No it's not a shock, you're right. They either did it out of desperation for food or they did it cuz they're 'human', just like the other 'humans' everywhere around the world who are killing animals.

Just like it's no shock to see videos on the horribly inhumane ways of US's factory farming, for example.

They make sport of killing anyway.

Name a country that doesn't.

I bet if they could find a way to successfully fish by strapping bombs onto there people they would do so.

So they are desperate for food, because they want to eat to live, so they strap bombs on themselves to get the food, die, and then eat it?

Personally I believe they could have just put their minds together and collectively created a garden of fruits and vegtables for themselves. Maybe they could have picked up some books on wild editables, and found food that same day. You'd be totally surprised how easy it is to find editables everytime you take a short walk outside

[edit on 043030p://5u13 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor

No shock that the palis would kill this sea turtle. They make sport of killing anyway.

More anti-Palestinian hate mongering bolded.

If you people can run your mouths about Palestinians as if they are vermin, and in the same sentence refer to Sea Turtles as if they are holy : You are far from capable of giving humane opinions.

As to the comparing sea turtles to cows:

A cow is genetically similar to humans. A cow is a mammal. Not only does it have feelings, it has intense feelings . Cows cry, they get angry, and they suffer... they are mammals like us - and we murder them in the billions.

What would Hindus think? They're horrified by it but they don't sit around calling us 'people' like we're monsters.

So what gives you folks the right to talk about 'Palis' like this because of Sea Turtles???

Seriously - show some dignity and take your ethnic hatred somewhere else. Leave the frickin sea turtles out of it.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I like turtles.

And, think that killing them like this ...well I'd kick your ass.

I think people like this are what we must go agaist IMHO.

I think most folks agree. Those that don't..go by your own beer.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
I like turtles.

And, think that killing them like this ...well I'd kick your ass.

I think a Mod is about to come kick yours
hehe.

I think people like this are what we must go agaist IMHO.

You mean these individuals or who, what?

I think most folks agree. Those that don't..go by your own beer.

Most agree with what? That killing turtles is wrong? That killing animals is wrong? That Palestinians are the ones "we must go against"?

[edit on 053030p://5u03 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

TextI think a Mod is about to come kick yours

Nope, don't think so.

I'm sticking with what I say, and also...

I think those Idoits that killed the leather back turtle..are ass-clowns (IMHO)

Now have a nice life

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join