It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this an old crater or something else? Google Earth image near my house

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I believe the article I posted earlier to be the correct information. Of course there is the possibility of it being false information as well. However, I see no reason why this would be a cover up of an actual crater. You can tell that it was formed thousands of years ago due to the erosion of it.

To answer some questions...

No the military never occupied this area that I am aware of. For those that didn't read the article, it is located in Nottingham, New Hampshire.

I'm not sure if it is public land, When I take a hike out there I will find out for sure. Pawtuckaway State Park is off to the right of the feature, it is a small lake with lots of trails to hike, perhaps some of them even reach this area.

No I will not paint my house pink, and If i find one egg on my siding so help me...

There is a small possibility it is from some old Native American settlement. We have Americas Stone Henge not too far away. But this "crater" is much larger, probably about a half mile or more in diameter.

So in my opinion, it is probably just a ring dike from very old volcanic activity. I used Google Earth to scan the area all around this location and couldn't find any more similar structures.

Thanks for all the interest and suggestions.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I did not know that volcanos formed such perfectly symmetrical circles. Interesting. Does nature create perfect symmetry like that?

I would totally go explore a bit when the weather turns off good!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Does nature create perfect symmetry like that?

Thats not perfect symmetry! It's circular but far from perfect
But yes, nature is capable of symmetry

This is an image of the Giant's Causeway stretching from Scotland through the Irish Sea to Ireland, which is suprisingly, also caused by volcanic activity

I dont think the OP will be getting any eggs as they only circled a large area they live in, or claim to live in

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark Roazhar

I dont think the OP will be getting any eggs as they only circled a large area they live in, or claim to live in

Exactly, you have no proof that I am not making this whole thing up. Put the eggs back in the fridge and the toilet paper back in the bathroom.

Also, symmetry is everywhere in nature. The above post is a great example. But also look at snowflakes, leaves, and some crystal formations.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed

You can tell that it was formed thousands of years ago due to the erosion of it.

I think that observation is based on allot of assumption. Your assuming
that it is a volcano or meteor crater. Also your assuming the uniformitarian view of history. ( all geology is slowly eroding at present rates, which have remained constant for millions of years, with no intervening catastrophic events. i.e. A meteor could have fallen as part of a catastrophic event, which included a deluge of rain. Which would have eroded a crater or volcanic event in days! Such rain often accompanies
volcanoes, which can also eject rocks large enough and high enough, to leave a meteor like crater.
Just a little reminder, that science is never as simple as we would like to
make it.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Howie47]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This could possibly be the remains of the ancient "mound builders of
the Americas".

www.loc.gov...

www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

hahaha that's too coincidental. I live in Ottawa, and I independently found the same thing just tonight, having never before heard of it. I googled "pawtuckaway" and "crater" and looks like someone beat me to it - making a discovery that is. The weird thing is that he is from Pembroke, which is less than a 2 hour drive from me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join