It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Do Over Primary for Michigan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

No Do Over Primary for Michigan

www.cbsnews.com

AP) Michigan Democrats officially have declared they won't hold a do-over presidential primary.

Members of the state party's executive committee issued a statement Friday saying "we have concluded that it is not practical" to conduct a party-run primary or caucus as a way to get the state's Democratic National Convention delegates seated.

Michigan and Florida were stripped of their convention delegates for moving up their primaries in defiance of party rules. Florida Democrats already had decided against holding a second primary election.

Presidential hopeful Hillary Rodham Clinton
won the Jan. 15 Michigan primary. Rival Barack Obama had pulled his name from the ballot.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
When oh when is Hillary going to get it.... she's toast this time round.

If she doesn't come to her senses soon and bow out gracefully, she runs the risk of throwing this whole election cycle to McCain. Is that what she wants? But if she does that she really has no chance at all of ever getting the Democratic nomination in the next cycle because she will be blamed for them losing what should be a shoo in.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There are 2 different ways i look at this;

1. Hillary (and the Clintons) are all so self centered that they just don't give a damn about what the consequences are.

2. Its all a big show, the elections are rigged and it doesn't really matter who gets into office anyway as the same old agenda will be carried out.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

So that's it then, eh? Can we now assume that the delegates from MI and FLA won't be seated at the convention, and their votes won't count?

Or is Hillary still going to be saying that it would be "unfair to disenfranchise" the voters of those two states?

I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of her yet.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

That's what I am personally holding off for. I think I can bide my time until she officially without a shadow of a doubt loses the nomination and gets that last interview, where she becomes an emotional wreck and tells the American People what she really thinks about them!

One can always dream, right? It would be too perfect an ending.

There is so much fighting during this election on stuff like this that I am beginning to wonder if they really just don't care at all and they aren't planning on having an election come November anyway. :shk:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

According to the article Michigan party leaders are working on ways to divide up the delegates between the two so they will be seated.

State Democrats now hope the two campaigns can agree on a way to split Michigan's pledged delegates so they can be seated at the Aug. 25-28 convention.

A working group of four top Democrats - U.S. Sen. Carl Levin, U.S. Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, United Auto Workers President Ron Gettelfinger and Democratic National Committee member Debbie Dingell - has been working with the candidates' campaigns and the state and national parties to find a compromise.

NOW.... that being said.... whats the difference then?

[edit on 5-4-2008 by grover]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hillary is well aware of the fact that the only possible chance she has of securing the nomination would be for the superdelegates to swing her way. And that is not going to happen; if anything, they are steadily migrating to Obama's camp.

Originally posted by niteboy82
There is so much fighting during this election on stuff like this that I am beginning to wonder if they really just don't care at all and they aren't planning on having an election come November anyway. :shk:

The ironic thing is that the Democrats designed this whole system in order to have a mechanism for solving problems as they arose. But, they never counted on having a Hillary-type as a candidate.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I have to agree with you on that.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

this is just too funny.... from carnival in Brazil.

top topics

join