It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Police Say Baby Probably Cried Before 14-Year-Old Mom Killed Him in Flush Attempt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Texas Police Say Baby Probably Cried Before 14-Year-Old Mom Killed Him in Flush Attempt

www.foxnews.com

BAYTOWN, Texas — A baby born to a 14-year-old mother in a restroom at her junior high was alive at birth, dying only after she tried to flush it down the toilet, officials said Thursday.

Police also announced Thursday that the baby born Wednesday was a boy.

Baytown police Lt. Eric Freed said the baby boy was probably full term and cried once before his mother tried to flush him down the toilet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Oh come on, babies cry all the time. I love how Fox tries to sensationalize everything.

Authorities have not announced what, if any, charges the girl will face. Killing an infant is a capital crime in Texas, but 14-year-olds are too young to be eligible for the death penalty, said Geoffrey Corn, an assistant professor at South Texas College of Law.

They should send her to a water park.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I will not even read this report, why is it in the past couple of months more and more of these types of sick breaking news reports keep flooding in? If members want this type of information they will watch fox or buy the national enquirer.
This is NOT a conspiracy and it only serves to detract from the real work being done here. This sensationalism has got to go.
I could see this kind information being used in a well thought out thread and a theory concerning the multitude of these types of events ramping up in the news today and its implications and or conspiracy to mass mind control people with weak constitutions or the use of pharmaceuticals to aid the depopulation process. Stop opening your computer and finding these stories on your homepage then without thought or consideration bringing them here to take up bandwidth.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
She should be named and shamed. And above all else - put up for MURDER. Some people have no F'ing idea how hard it is to have a child. It's amazing how those who are willing to flush new life down the toilet keep having kids while those who plan, and try for years in some cases cannot have kids at all.

It seriously isn't fair.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I feel bad for the girl. She's probably alone, the father likely wouldn't help. The family likely would chastise her and shame her for being pregnant at such a young age (or she seriously believes they will). Her brain still hasn't fully grown, and her hormones are going crazy. Not only because she's a teenager, but she's also doped up on those pregnant hormones, which can make people do crazy things.

I think this girl needs help, not prison. We also need to help the countless other young girls in similar situations to understand that they can receive help, and they won't be chastised or punished for being in an unfortunate situation so they don't resort to flushing the baby.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I feel bad for the girl. She's probably alone, the father likely wouldn't help. The family likely would chastise her and shame her for being pregnant at such a young age (or she seriously believes they will). Her brain still hasn't fully grown, and her hormones are going crazy. Not only because she's a teenager, but she's also doped up on those pregnant hormones, which can make people do crazy things.

I think this girl needs help, not prison. We also need to help the countless other young girls in similar situations to understand that they can receive help, and they won't be chastised or punished for being in an unfortunate situation so they don't resort to flushing the baby.

I find it strange that she would even attempt to flush the baby down the toilet, as if you could ever pull it off. I'd have to imagine that it was killed from being battered around.

This would be a good example of why we need cameras in schools and less privacy for the students.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I will not even read this report, why is it in the past couple of months more and more of these types of sick breaking news reports keep flooding in? If members want this type of information they will watch fox or buy the national enquirer.
This is NOT a conspiracy and it only serves to detract from the real work being done here. This sensationalism has got to go.
I could see this kind information being used in a well thought out thread and a theory concerning the multitude of these types of events ramping up in the news today and its implications and or conspiracy to mass mind control people with weak constitutions or the use of pharmaceuticals to aid the depopulation process. Stop opening your computer and finding these stories on your homepage then without thought or consideration bringing them here to take up bandwidth.

Ironic that you wouldn't read the report, yet you clicked on the thread and spewed a bundle of laughs over this obvious conspiracy worthy news report. This ACTUALLY happened, unlike ALMOST EVERYTHING else that is discussed here.

[snip]

Mod Edit - removed instulting remark.

Civility and Decorum are Required

[edit on 5-4-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Ree

The young girl made a bad choice and I certainly don't condon her actions. She was alone, afraid and not thinking about the consequences.
Now her life will be changed forever. In my eyes, she's still a little girl and should not be charged with murder. Like another poster stated she needs help. I know Fire Departments will take a newborn with no questions asked. Maybe this should be posted in the schools so this will not happen to other young girls. They should be made aware that there is a choice. It's the schools responsibility, in my opinion. Two lives are destroyed here, due to lack of information.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I guess they need something to show instead of the trucker strike.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Ree
This would be a good example of why we need cameras in schools and less privacy for the students.

What is your deal? You are pro anti-privacy and like the other thread 'criminals' who speed should be punished.

You must be a cop or a democrat.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
this is more of a "country" problem... as in the American society as a whole..

No sex ed in schools.
No easy access to birth control.
No access to abortion.
and of course, closed minds and the religious right.

I kinda feel bad for the lil skank...
imagine being 14 and having a kid and your only real choice is to try and flush it like a turd?!?
on top of all of this, the first thing people wanna do is hang the mother..
Jeebus!

tons of compassion around that place..

oh.. and yeah.. this news has no business being on this site.... it's barely soft news.... not alt news.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Society is as much at fault as the girl. Sex is constantly promoted on TV, but conveniently leaving out the part where babies are sometimes born and responsibilities required. Abortions are ok, so a 14yo might think it's ok to flush it right after it's born. The thought: "What's the difference?" might've crossed her mind.

It's easy to point a finger at the girl, but there are many other factors which contributed to this murder. For starters, a 13/14yo shouldn't be getting pregnant. Maybe co-ed schools aren't a good idea after all.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Funny, it seems like your solution is to add more restrictions and shame to the event. It seems to me like it's likely that it was the shame of it all that lead to the death of the baby.

Lets educate, and teach to live responsibly instead of teaching to avoid and ignore the subject.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Ree

maybe americans teach their Kids
about having Sex when they are Kids and what happens?
this is like the 3rd or forth sick story out the US so far

Kid found in Plastic bag
Kid Thrown down shoot
and so on

does the school even have sex education programs like the UK does?

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ahh, so much blame to go around...

First and foremost, this poor child's mother (it makes me sick to even say the word mother as a stray cat is a better mother than she is) is not a victim; she is a murderer. And should be treated as such. Infanticide is as bad as if she killed a full grown person and there is no other option but punishment. You can't just kill a baby because you are "young and scared and alone" or whatever sympathizer bs people want to cite as reasons! You can't kill anyone and not face prison. Clearly this child does need help and therapy...which she needs to recieve in prison where she belongs for murdering her own child.

Not to be forgotten are this girl's parents...Where were they when she was carrying a baby to full term for the past 9 months? They're certainly not blameless in this crime. Further, where were they for the past 14 years of their daughter's life? This whole situation is just ineffably horrible.

And if the details of this baby boy's death sound 'sensationalized' to you, it's because killing your own child is sensational in the most horrible way possible. IMO, there don't seem to be any more of these occurrences of underage mothers killing their babies now than there have been in the past decade or so. These stories pop up and then die down in the usual news cycle.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I still think the girl is a young illegal alien.

Has the name come out yet?

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I can't believe some folks are saying that this girl is a victim. She commited murder, plain and simple. PERIOD.
An eye for an eye I say.. Thankfully, the state of texas believes that too as evidenced by the following punishment they have outlined for her:

If only.........

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I expect this to be used as ammunition during my debate against Wukky...

Had this girl been offered an abortion of her own will, the entire cruelty of the process might have been avoided.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Murderer.

Plain and simple. At 14 years old you know right from wrong, and in todays society, you know about sex and what it leads to. When I was in elementary school they started sexual education in 5th grade, continued it throughout middle school, and by the time your in 9th grade starting high school - which is where this girl is just about - you have NO excuse for this type of behavior.

She is only ONE year away from the age of consent in some states, and probably the age of consent in more then one state if im not mistaken.

There is no way in hell at 14 years old, you even have to think about if flushing a baby down the toilet is wrong.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This incident has once again caused myself to think about the influences of the entertainment business, news media and lifestyles.

I have a hard time passing a judgment based on the fact that I have never been a 14 year old girl. I will not even pretend I could but myself in her shoes.

Edit: sp

[edit on 4/6/2008 by roadgravel]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join