It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe I may have found the tree of knowledge!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Yeah, but Jesus did say "Man cannot live by beer alone"...

Oh wait, He said "bread", bread, not beer lol.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
And I who thought beer and bread was the same...

Atleast I'm not eating rocks...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What if the tree of Knowledge was SEX, middle of the garden being the genitals and they saw them and touched them, got excited and felt guilty and they covered up? Hormones produced the knowldege of self awareness like from being a Child like being to free minded adult. But if that is so how come a Churub closed Eden with a firery sword that stopped Adam and Eve going back to the tree of Life?
Also the woman was to feel pain in child bearing as a punishment, was that for sex?

[edit on 6-4-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Nobody did, I was making a silly

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

OK!

First of all... it was the tree of knowledge (of good and evil). Lot's of people forget that. I't only when you have the concept of good and evil that sin can exist. It's rather existentially simple.

This is the the original sin, to allow judgement of good or evil.

That's all it is. But Hey.. if it were called the tree of life, I'd think you were onto something.

Although... I don't want to simply criticize. Look closer at the veins, and then look at tributaries in a basin, watch water fall onto blacktop in the summer, study the forces which cause trees to grow in the patterns they do.

Then think about meme tunnels, and how we run into people we went to school with but on the other side of the world.

Don't give up.. just look closer.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Yeah, but Jesus did say "Man cannot live by beer alone"...

Oh wait, He said "bread", bread, not beer lol.

Yep, and when we look at bread we have the form, but when we look at wine, we have the essence. You can't live the law, without the love which inspired it. This is *part* of the reason why bread and wine are used in communion to symbolize balance between the extremes.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

According to the sages, man was initially vegetarian, this was true for Adam and his descendants according to the orthodox sources.

Not only according to the "sages" (Eastern and Western), but to the Bible itself (and yes, I know the Torah corresponds to the first books of the Bible):

(Gen 9:3)
"God said to Noah and his sons:
I am giving you my blessing. Have a lot of children and grandchildren, so people will live everywhere on this earth. 2 All animals, birds, reptiles, and fish will be afraid of you. I have placed them under your control, 3 and I have given them to you for food. From now on, you may eat them, as well as the green plants that you have always eaten. "

(Meat-eaters like to point to the passage above to "justify" their habit. However, other passages show quite clearly that the practice of flesh-eating was under no circumstances considered a "good" thing but rather an "emergency measure". But I digress...
Anyway, there are more passages that indicate vegetables and fruits as being originally the only food for mankind, but I am assuming that people who post in this thread are intimately familiar with the Bible, so know where to find the information. :-))

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

[ You can't live the law, without the love which inspired it. This is *part* of the reason why bread and wine are used in communion to symbolize balance between the extremes.

Well said.
Only, they are WAY more than just "symbols".

And, in a more general sense (not related directly to your post above), people should know - but often don't - that the Hebrew/Arabic word lehem and lahm, respectively (or its equivalent in Aramaic), could mean 'bread' OR 'flesh' ('meat').

Enter the translator and his preferred eating habits, and... voila!

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Isn;t there info that since we supposedly transitioned to meat way back, that enabled us to grow (phys and mentallY) and enabled us in the form we see today.?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Originally posted by stikkinikki
I do have faith that the truth is the truth.

And just what might be that truth and where would one find it.

I have always been intrigued by the symbology of the eating of the fruit, yet can never quite pin it down.

------------------------------------------------

Try this Fruit :

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
What if the tree of Knowledge was SEX, middle of the garden being the genitals and they saw them and touched them, got excited and felt guilty and they covered up?
[edit on 6-4-2008 by The time lord]

That is a good point but according to Bill Clinton this act is not sex.

People think the forbidden fruit is an apple, but I don't think apples were even available in that part of the world.

I for one think the eating from tree of knowledge (of good and evil) is actually referencing Man's first exposure to Science. In its most basic form, good and evil is probably the first example of the many polarities that Man has had to deal with.
Good and evil, love and hate, happines and sadness, positive and negative,... everything that practically makes up Man's characteristics.

Had Man not eaten from the forbidden tree, we would all be walking around like zombies for eternity.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The tree knowledge refers to the scientific information which would have allowed those that were created (Adam & Eve) to become equal to their creators (The Elohim), i.e., the scientific understanding and ability to become creators themselves.

www.rael.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dubyakadubla

Try this Fruit :

Yes the pomgranade would be the traditional view of what they actually ate. However it is of rather modern origin. According to tradition pomgranades contains exactly 613 seeds, the same number as the ammount of commandments in the Torah. In other words Law is connected to the fruit.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

That is a good point but according to Bill Clinton this act is not sex.

Hahaha, that was a good one. And Joseph said: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman!"

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
how do we account then for touching the tree?

they were forbidden to eat of it, but they were not allowed to even touch it. So, does this mean touching meat makes us smarter or more intelligent?

I would first try to determine if by touch they mean with the hand or with the mind? Could it imply coveting the tree with is just as bad as doing according to the 10 commandments?

what about the emnity between the seeds?

Good point, but I don't necessarily think that part applies. I am trying to determine if this could be a generic account of the transition from animal to man, but compartmentalized into one tiny package about two people. I believe the emnity between seeds was added to salt the pot for flavor so to speak. The reason we ahve emnity is because this emotion thing is rather new to us and until we as a whole learn to control our it there will always be hatred
I'm not saying it is fact, merely what I believe the most accurate. I do not believe that the bible was meant to be taken literally, so when others approach me(not you necessarily) and say but this means this and this means this from a biblical perspective I just look at them and think.....How do you know that? In reality your guess is as good as mine but the only difference is that some people are telling me I'm wrong in an authorative manner like you have just watched a video of Moses getting the 10 commandments and have an extra copy for me to prove it. My question is "How do you know?" The answer is simple. We don't know for sure...bottom line.

how does that work with this theory?

Sorry about that long rant

See above.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

OK!

First of all... it was the tree of knowledge (of good and evil). Lot's of people forget that. I't only when you have the concept of good and evil that sin can exist. It's rather existentially simple.

This is the the original sin, to allow judgement of good or evil.

What was it that they saw that would have allowed them to compare the two? You have to be able to see evil next to good to be able to differentiate. It like trying to explain color to a bind man, you have to have a starting point. What was the act of evil here? Was it simply the act of disobeying God or was it the fruit itself? Not trying to critique, just trying to understand?

[edit on 7-4-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Just want to let everyone know that I accidentally hit edit instead of reply to Thurisaz's post. It was a very good post and I feel terrible that it was lost. Although there are parts still highligted in the above post under the users name! I feel terrible about this and would like to publicly apologise! I do not think it can be fixed. I have learned a valuable lesson. Make sure you hit the quote button and not the edit button. :bnghd: dangit! Very sorry to Thurisaz. U2U sent as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If the serpent was by the tree of Knowlege he must have touched it first right?

Also why would the Angels be needed to be saved in Noahs day aswell if and they created the Nephalim to find salvation? It all happenned during that time. My guess is the Serpent touched the tree of knowledge, rebelled against God's creation through jealousy and took many Angels down with him along the way including man.

But man was on equal par with the Angels for being innocent and child like minded untill they woke up with grown up thoughts we have now.
They could not control their thoughts and self awareness and shame crept in. Man began to sin more and more with new sins creeping in all the time and spirally out of control. That is why God had certain rituals and covenants for man as he had to balance out sin, even if it was just one person who over came that.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I don't see how "meat" could be the evil thing here when God asks for people to kill animals and paint the outside of their doors with the blood. I think that the tree of knowledge was probably eve a woman tempting man. She started to question man, "God and Adam"...and bad things happened....That is the way I see it. Not saying it is right, but back then a woman was little more than a slave to a man. That whole book is all I kinds of crazy. people living to be 800 years old.
I think some of the bible is probably pretty good...Other books are nonsense. IMHO

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Paramahansa Yogananda, the spiritual master from India, wrote that the tree in question is actually the human nervous system. As an upturned tree, the brain is the root, the spine is the main body of the tree, and our nerves inside the body would be like the leaves of the tree.

The forbidden fruit was sex sensation. It is the most powerful driving force that take our awareness away from the inner "Garden of Eden" in the brain and spine, outward to the surface of the body where we become material-bound humans.

Great yogis (Yogananda said Jesus was among the greatest yogis) who remain celibate and meditate deeply return to the Garden of Eden in the brain, but most of us (yeah, me too, definitely) have our consciousness trapped in the lower spinal energy centers (chakras), with our consciousness identified with the outer material world and senses. We are "cast out" from the blissful, heavenly Garden of Eden.

The only way to get back is to live a spiritual life and meditate. (Bible concurs: "pray unceasingly;" and "be still and know that I am God.")

Oh yeah, and the serpent is the kundalini force that resides at the base of the spine. That energy is what stimulates sexual desire; this same energy confers divine enlightenment on the rare spiritual individuals who control it and lead it up the spine into the brain.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by brygivrob]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join