It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe I may have found the tree of knowledge!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Interesting, but I'm pretty sure Neanderthals ate lots of meat. As far as I know they made specialized tools for butchering meat and treating skins, left tool marks on mastodon bones, etc. That may be a flaw in your theory.

That's a very good theory there, but from what I've learned Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens did eat meat. What caused Neanderthals problems and extinction was the difficulty of finding eat and hunting.

It was also difficult for Homo Sapiens, but they started eating dead meat and they could find it through the vultures.

I watched this in a TV documentary and they supported this theory with wall paintings. However a I'm not a paleontologist, and a real one should read the thread.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by kingsnake]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neiby
Here's another potential flaw in your theory. If we weren't supposed to eat meat, why would we have teeth for that purpose? If we were intended to be herbivores, we'd probably have teeth like cows.

Because in Christianity God Gave Free Will, So we have the will to eat Meat or not.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Nobody can control you unless you consciously or subconsciously want them to.

Rule Nr 1, freedom of will/choice!
Your responsible for this choice and wat you do with it, you yourself will one day judge yourself as if your judging somebody else.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by denli]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I applaud your vegetarian-interpretation of scripture and also your ability to think deep. In-depth-thought is what I come to ATS for, and you excel at it. That said, Im dont agree with your interpretation. As interestedalways said: Why would they recognize nudity after eating meat?

But I´d agree that the story is a metaphor for something we´ve forgotten, so in order to explore that, this thread is extremely useful.

I´d be interested in hearing someone who knows the different meanings of the hebrew word that was translated as "fruit" and the word translated as "midst".

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I believe the fruit in question is the APPLE TREE

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Wisdom teeth is the answer here, damned things.They are teeth left over from when we needed molars over, what are they called?, pincers?This means that we at some time didn't eat meat, and then for what reason, we did. Evolution at work here.I certainly don't think meat is the fruit of the tree of knowledge, though it IS yummy!
I DO think it would be very UNWISE to eat the real fruit of the tree of knowledge,since look what happened to adam and eve?, theres nothing left to be kicked out of!

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by barmshadow84
I believe the fruit in question is the APPLE TREE

They teach "apple tree" in sunday schools, but I ask myself what alternative translations for the hebrew word are.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Are you trying to tell me that there is a FLAW in the Bible???

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I've always been taught (as I am sure many others have as well) that they ate an apple. I'd be interested in what, in fact, they actually did eat. Or, perhaps what they ate is inconsequential to the story where the bigger picture is disobeying God.

The "Garden of Eden" was supposed to be located near the junction of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, which puts it in Iraq (I think). I've often wondered if there wasn't another reason why we invaded Iraq. Reminds me of Hitler's goons running around the world trying to get their hands on supernatural relics.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
"was the fact that they ate meat. This action is was caused the brain to grow faster and bigger, increasing the Homo's mental capacity and allowing them to flourish while the Neandrethal slowly dissapeared"

Hi kleverone, I'm not sure that this is supported by research. but I would be interested in anything that you could provide to support this theory. And yes, I believe that Neanderthals and pre sapient mammals ate meat. Just my 2 cents worth.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

"I believe I may have found the tree of knowledge!"

I don't. The Tree of Wisdom is the moon with it's curse, menstruation. The Tree of Life is the sun giving life to all that lives. In the middle of a garden (Eden) where 72 generations were created, symbolising the 72 constellations in Heaven (Including the Father, the Lamb and the Son of Man, the twelve monthly constellations and 57 other constellations, the Son of Man (Ursa Major) being Adam -- and Jesus the second Adam)

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
To be a bit more enlightening than my last post (sorry for the rather harsh sounding critisism btw). Read the bible all the way past the flood, you notice that people start eating animals/meat then, not before the flood and there's no doupt that they did'nt eat very many, however I don't believe what the evolutionists may say about how eating meat makes the brain grow faster. It's probably one of those "global warming/global cooling/nothing's happening" things where everyone has "proof" of what they're saying. Always remember, just cause a scientist says something, doesn't make it true, if anything you should question it further i.e. "We can't see this dark energy, we can't even prove it exists, we just know it does and it's tearing apart galaxies." I'm paraphrasing, but that's practically what one scientist said, which I think is pure bologna. But if I were you, I'd read the whole book of Genisis, make notes and then see if they line up with what your saying.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Huh? sorry, but I don't get where that's coming from.
According to my knowledge, man sinned by eating from the tree of "The Knoledge of good and Evil", God cursed the ground and all mankind. A bunch of plants genetics changed and some produced thorns and poisons, man couldn't live in the garden of eden anymore, he had to grow food for himself. Childbirth would be painful for women and the whole thing just started to go downhill from there cause our ancestors screwed this place up.
Eve was the first woman to eat her husband outta house and house lol, bit of a joke there.

So where are you getting this other idea from? Honestly I've never heard of it, sounds like it may have something to do with Kabala, which, my friend, is a distortion of the judaic ancient text by pagans (from the best of my knowledge).

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Eve and the earth were cursed since Eve broke the commandment of God, not because she aquired wisdom. God had probably set a time and place for them to eat from the tree, but until they were old enough they would have to obey God, who had said "Do not eat from the Tree of Wisdom". On the other hand life outside Eden can be quite good, eventhough we have to work and die, menstruate and giving birth in pain. Let's turn the curse into a blessing instead. I don't think I would have liked to live in a world without wisdom and mystery. It would be quite boring I think...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well from what I read, God created the world perfect, bad a fallen angel came and took the form of a snake and tempted those two. If man wasn't given a choice to do evil, then he would not have freewill, so The Tree was that chance to take, and take we did, The Tree wasn't really that important, it was the sin of disobenience that was the more important thing. I can agree with you a bit on The Tree being something that God may have decided to eat from later on, not sure, but it's a possibility, however ignorance is bliss as they say and we see that with all the new technology we create, we are actually creating new ways to kill each other. I do believe that we should turn this curse into a blessing, make the best of life and live for God. Where do the constelations come in? Plus I don't think it specifically mentions the menstral cycle, but the actual act of childbirth.
I still believe the old ways concerning the whole sin thing, but I'm always open to new ideas if I feel they hold water.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
According to Hebrew myth and tradition the serpent in Eden was infact Lilith, Adam's first spouse, to whom he was married before God built Eve. Satan is the Old Serpent. Not every serpent is Satan...

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well he took the form of a serpent "the most subtle creature". Lilith is actually a Kabala idea, which is why I give it no credence. Angels are male (that is an unprovable fact lol), now if Angels are male, then why would "Satan" be a female known as Lilith and would take the form of a serpent? Why would God create man and woman and then call them good if infact they were not? If you notice all the ancient tales of Satan pretty much confirm that he is a fallen angel and in fact he is a he. God didn't create people twice (as some will say because they didn't learn about "main concept writing"). In Genisis God creates Man and woman on the sixth day, later on we read the more detailed account of what transpired there, most people say that the difference is a gap where God created man twice, but these are the same people want to believe a lie and want us to as well. I love a lot of stuff on the History Channel, but when it comes to the Bible, they are the biggest liars ever (They actually add to and mis-quote scriptures on purpose, I've caught them several times). Lilith also appears in ancient babylonian and Sumerian text, now you may remember that the Jews were captured by the Babylonians at one time, I think it would be safe to say that maybe they fabricated Kabala around then. The Catholics combined biblical things with pagan holidays and that's where we get Christmas, the same thing may have happened with the Jews at one time (they were always gettin' into trouble). I will admit thought that Lilith may have and may still actually exist, she/he/it may be a fallen angel that got a sex change? It's possible. I don't think she is Satan though (or Stan lol).

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I am more educated in my stance regarding this theory thanks to some of these contributions. Part of my objective from posting this was to not only gain knowledge and new possible perspectives from others peoples opinions and facts presented, the second part was to see how people would react to a theory that was slightly outside the box so to speak...maybe viewing something from a slightly different perspective. Thanks again to everyone. I am really enjoying this disscussion, regardless of how way off I may be.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
but then if adam and eve had not eaten meat they would be Neanderthals?

see, I think the "story" refers too knowledge like the minds of children and men.
Children dont care about nakedness etc.
They are always just accepting what they see...
If they see it, then it exists.

I believe, if the story is real, that adam and eve had minds like children.
They just accepted God was there and that they existed, as well as everyhting around them.
They were human, not Neanderthals, still at this point.
When they ate from the tree of knowledge, their minds became like adults.
They realized nakedness and found shame in it.
They started to ask why are we here?
What does God want?

anyway, I do Like your idea, but I think the only flaw is that Adam and Eve were already human, even before they ate the fruit in the midst of the garden.
Its just too unlikely that by eating meat one generation turned from Neanderthals to Humans.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by andolin
"was the fact that they ate meat. This action is was caused the brain to grow faster and bigger, increasing the Homo's mental capacity and allowing them to flourish while the Neandrethal slowly dissapeared"

Hi kleverone, I'm not sure that this is supported by research. but I would be interested in anything that you could provide to support this theory. And yes, I believe that Neanderthals and pre sapient mammals ate meat. Just my 2 cents worth.

The article points out that early humans (e.g., australopithecines, 4 to 1.2 mya) had chimpanzee sized brains, while H. erectus (AKA H. ergaster) had a brain twice that size (c. 1000 cc). We evolved, along with our cousins the Neandertals, around 500,000 to 200,000 years ago, with brain sizes of about 1300 cc and 1500 cc, respectively. It was meat that allowed the skull to expand for brain growth "according to a long-standing body of evidence." A very long standing body of evidence since it is found in Engel's article.

link

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join