It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5th-grader points out mistake at Smithsonian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
"11-year-old catches sign error that has rankled staffers for 27 years"
www.msnbc.msn.com...

"So Kevin Stufflebeam took his son to the museum's information desk to report Kenton's concern on a comment form. Last week, the boy received a letter from the museum acknowledging that his observation was "spot on."

"The Precambrian is a dimensionless unit of time, which embraces all the time between the origin of Earth and the beginning of the Cambrian Period of geologic time," the letter says."

Just goes to show ya' how much stuff is missed by the masses that is right in front of all our eyes...

In fact, here is a prime example... a small test for you... let me know what # you get...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4/5/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I counted 12 passes. As for the video's final question: No.

P.S. I've always liked this video:
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
While the original story and the purpose of the OP is interesting, I found the vid much more intreguing. Mine was 13 and a resounding NO.
Something I think many of us here experience.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Many people may have seen that and just not bothered about it, so this shows two things; the boy was paying attention to what he was seeing and he thinks that he may make a difference.

A star for him.

As for the video, I counted 14 and the answer is yes.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
That video was cool. I saw 13 passes, and missed the videos final question. Had to watch it twice. I saw the gorilla the first time, but it didn't seem important because I was watching the kids...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The results from watching the video so far are about what I have found before... which is not too many people get it right. Seems those who may be more trained to spot 'details' can answer 'yes' to the final question.

Nice vid there Tuning Spork -- goes to show ya'... control the media... you know the rest
And is that my gorilla in the background?

top topics

join