It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Machine has been made!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
A German politician says he has invented a "suicide machine" for terminally ill people.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
good for him!

euthanasia should be legalized, a person should have the right to take their own life if they so desire, especially if they live in constant pain.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Such a controversial Topic...One makes you wonder why all these amazing Painkiller are issued to people suffering for them to feel they have to handle it themseves..

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, a suicide machine was already invented a while ago.

Here's a pic

Practical, functional and useful for other functions, like homicide

Mod Note: Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yeah, but a 1911 tends to be a bit on the messy side, plus you can pretty much kiss an "open casket" viewing goodbye.

This is such a touchy subject- I absolutely love how "Futurama" handles it on a recurring basis. There are coin operated "suicide booths" located like phone booths all over New New York. Hilarious.

Like it or not, suicide is still a form of homicide in America. I've even heard of folks who failed in their attemts who were criminally charged! Yes, it really has happened!

I suppose I only succeeded in adding fuel to the fire, but oh well...

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
We should take anyone so spinless that they want to end it all and put them in labor camps. At least that way, they'll be good for something - other than taking up graves that should be occupied by those who actually had the guys to face reality head on.

(Now, before you start complaining about how suicide should be an option for people [because I've noticed that many here are about 11 cans short of a 12-pack when it comes to reading comprehension], you're going to have to associate medical condition with two other words in the above paragraph. Hint: they end with abor, and amps.)

I bet that doesn't even help.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Ree
We should take anyone so spinless that they want to end it all and put them in labor camps. At least that way, they'll be good for something - other than taking up graves that should be occupied by those who actually had the guys to face reality head on.

(Now, before you start complaining about how suicide should be an option for people [because I've noticed that many here are about 11 cans short of a 12-pack when it comes to reading comprehension], you're going to have to associate medical condition with two other words in the above paragraph. Hint: they end with abor, and amps.)

So,you're saying that someone who lives in constant pain,who wants to just die,is spinless? Nice.

I hope you never get a crippling debilitating desease,would want you to think of yourself spinless.

[edit on 5/4/2008 by Acidtastic]

[edit on 5/4/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
In the 1990s, Dr. Jack Kevorkian developed two devices that aided in suicide -- the "Thanatron" that helped administer injections of lethal chemicals to terminally ill patients wanting to be euthanized, and the "Mercitron", which was a machine that delivered lethal amounts of carbon monoxide to its users.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Ree

that has to be one of the most idiotic statement i have ever seen....Welcome to the Idiot list

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I remember laughing when one of the characters on futurama goes to a suicide booth, inserts a coin into the machine... but has a string attached to it and pulls it out of the slot, attempting to get his suicide for free.

He laughs... "haha, sucka."

rofl.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Here's an image. It looks pretty unassuming doesn't it.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
*snip*

As to the OP and the topic of the thread: Suicide is wrong. Technically, euthanasia is when another person helps you leave this world.

Philosophically, suicide is a heavy heavy thing. If you wanted to kill yourself to end your own misery, and there were an afterlife, what would you expect to find on the other side? All your pain and misery and the fear you feel the moment you kill yourself will be sitting on the other side waiting for you.

If you don't believe in an afterlife, or if you believe suicide will not traumatize your soul or impair you in the afterlife, maybe it would be easy to kill yourself? I still doubt it.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

(edited out personal insult)

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey
euthanasia should be legalized, a person should have the right to take their own life if they so desire, especially if they live in constant pain.

I agree, but the realms of big businees do not... so as long as they run things, you won't see this machine (in the U.S. anyway). Why? As most here probably know by now, the medical industry wants to maintain you... not cure you. And for the 'machine aided' or terminally ill who are greatly suffering, euthenasia is a "cure." No more 'you' means no more money coming in from you. And you know damn well "they" want it all from you before you die... screw your rightful heirs.

We euthenise animals all the time. Not only ones that are suffering, but also the ones in all the shelters who are deemed "un-adoptable." Those animals wouldn't make the decision even if they could... 'man' would. So where does the line come in play here where 'man' is too dumb to know when his own living entity should be euthenised... ?

Again, I need only to point at the overwhelming lack of common sense in this world.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Mr. Ree;

I am not one to generally stereotype other people, but your comment is typical from someone who has not experienced anything but a charmed life and is an idiotic statement to say the least.

I have thought about this alot lately, not because I am a spineless person but because I can speak intelligently on this subject. Since I was twenty years old I have had to undergo 14 major operations on my head, of all things.

I live in constant, debilitating pain almost daily. I also have to take up to and sometimes more than 16 pain management pills a day just to function. The really sad thing about my medical issues is the fact that there are people out there who have it worse than I do.

But, because of people just like you who think that God will save us or that we are weak we have to justify our lives and live down to your constant need to get into other peoples business. I bet that you voted for Bush and consider yourself to be a "compassionate conservative." Mind your own affairs unless you have some experience on the subject.

As far as your "spineless" comment just think about this. People who suffer day to day still get up in the morning knowing that it will not be any better than the day before, try to live their lives in any meaningful sense, still try to contribute more than hypocrosy and platitudes. Since you have no comprehension of this, it is called courage. You and people like you could learn alot from us.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkey
good for him!

That may be so, and I can certainly understand it.

But nobody has the right to ask anyone else, be it physicians or not, to effectively kill them, no matter how great the pain.

I know you didn't imply they do; I am just adding this to make my views clear.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If you want to kill yourself just put a gun to your temple. This suicide machine is no more effective--in fact it is almost definitely LESS effective--just far less gruesome and therefor better PR for euthanasia proponents.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There's nothing wrong with a person killing themselves if they have a painful medical illness. But yes you are indeed a weak person if you kill yourself because of a situation in your life like being depressed because you just got a divorce well boo hoo, get over it. I don't seee all those people in Africa who probably have the hardest lives on the planet all killing themselves.

Life is a gift, we shouldn't take it for granted.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
If you want to kill yourself just put a gun to your temple. This suicide machine is no more effective--in fact it is almost definitely LESS effective--just far less gruesome and therefor better PR for euthanasia proponents.

What if that person is incapacitated and it is physically impossible for them to hold a gun and pull///I do agree that no one should have to burden another to do such a thing, howevr this is the question that we are all wonder...when is it right to do if it is at all..

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmac1000

Originally posted by Threadfall

What if that person is incapacitated and it is physically impossible for them to hold a gun and pull///I do agree that no one should have to burden another to do such a thing, howevr this is the question that we are all wonder...when is it right to do if it is at all..

A person incapable of holding a gun to their head but capable of plugging in, hooking up and administering a lethal dose to oneself you mean? I don't know then. I get what you're saying gmac, my point is that this machine is less a revolution in killing than it is a revolution for the PR of euthanasia.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
A very controversial topic indeed; I think about this issue quite often and can never seem to come to an adequate conclusion.

On one hand I think people should be able to take their own life, but on the other I don't. A lot of people that commit suicide just don't understand the repercussions of such a choice. They may not care about their life anymore or choose to live, but it cant still affect the people around them in terrible ways.

True, this changes when we are speaking of the terminally ill who have no desire or true reason to live, but split questions like this tend to transform into slippery slopes, and are better left without change.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join