It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patterns?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Quick question....
I had just recently finished reading "watchmen" an awesome piece of work by DC comics, and I couldn't help but notice the similarities in Ozymandias' (the good guy turned bad guy) plan for a unified world order, and that of not only the NWO theories floating around, but also, didn't Bush also claim at some point wanting to weaponize space due to a similar threat as posed by the comic? Maybe these striking similarities are nothing more than pure coincidences, but when it's more than one... can't help but wonder about it. No I'm not saying "DC comics is in on it" that would ridiculously naive... and still I can't help but wonder where they got their source material, and if the writers also believed that Ozymandias' plan for a unified world was justified. (After all, he wins, not the heroes, which was really upsetting they way their honorable intentions were put down by the "logic" of some megalomaniac)

Anyway, don't know if there are any people here who have read the graphic novel (a must by the way, nowhere near the same as your stereotypical super hero comic) if you have, I wanted to find out what are your opinions and whether you see the same pattern I'm seeing?

I remember when it was getting towards the end and the 3 million new yorkers died due to a corporate engineered mutant that exploded (which people were lied to and told was a threat from outerspace) and couldn't help but think back and remember that I KNOW this wasn't the first time I had heard this before, and not just as a crazy conspiracy theory, maybe it had something to do with project camelot/blue beam or whatever one of those it is. But I'm pretty sure I heard something similar out of our own government's mouth as well. Crazy? Maybe so, (and I hope so too, I wouldn't want to have to face a situation like that as an actual real event) But then again, as the saying goes "Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction"

Anyway, I'll leave it at that for now.

- Q

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Just wanted to add the following page from the comic itself

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Question]

join