It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School bans boy, 3, over haircut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

School bans boy, 3, over haircut

news.bbc.co.uk

A three-year-old boy has been banned from his Tyneside nursery school class for his trendy "tramlines" haircut.

The mother of Tavis Cook was told the youngster's distinctive hairdo broke the rules of Riverside primary School in North Shields.

Donna Cook has been told to keep her son away until his hair grows back.

North Tyneside Council said it was aware of the matter and was advising Ms Cook on her options. No-one at the school was available for comment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
forums.fark.com

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ahhh, the Nanny state strikes again. Just another day in the life of governments that want to control everything you do and have you conform.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I don't like those kind of hair styles, but WHAT? Why would they ban him!?

If he was my son I move him to another school. So that my son would grow up in a more free enviroment.

This is just silly. I hope the kid doesn't understand what's going on. Because he would be really confused.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hahahaha it's worse at christian schools I was suspended numerous times for my hair being longer than the tops of my ears. Go look in the mirror, hair at the tops of your ears is not very long.

But their dress code definitley didn't work on me. I now have a 13 inch long green mohawk.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
What next a blonde hair blue eyed requirement?
This stuff really is getting out of hand....

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I wonder if this is anything like the kid a month or so ago that was kicked out of his private school for his mom giving him a mohawk. now, I am not about to be on the side of the nanny state but, if you sign a contract stating your kid will follow some sort of dress code, you have to follow it. moral of the story? Don't sign anyhting you are either uncomfortable with, or don't plan on following as it will get you in trouble.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by Finn1916]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It's ridiculous to ban a kid for his choice of haircut. If he's not bothering anyone, and has no knives, handcuffs, or duct tape, leave him alone!

If I were a teacher, I'd much rather have a strange-looking kid in my class, than a strange-acting one anyday.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Well if that's the boy at age 3 will he look like at 16 ?? How do you all think he'll turn out ... the budding Oxbridge undergraduate or yet another piece of dolescum ? His cards are marked already and he's only 3.

No, I'm sorry, if my taxes are being used to fund this kid's education the very least his Mother can do is to take him to school in a presentable condition. It's got a great fat zippo to do with personal expression or freedom of speech & everything to do with a mother on welfare who thinks she's the Queen of Bling.

She said he picked the haircut himself. Good grief he's only three years old. What the hell is he even doing at school anyway ?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Does anyone else notice the 'eye' in that bbc link haircut?

I've never heard of signing a daycare dresscode contract.....
and I've worked at MANY.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
three year olds go to a daycare center , not a "nursery school" . they just like to call it that because parents feel better about dropping their little ones off at a school rather than a babysitter.

with those daycare centers , parents have to sign a contract. they have all kinds of rules because kids that little dont understand. other little ones may start crying to their parents for a trendy haircut.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197
Well if that's the boy at age 3 will he look like at 16 ?? How do you all think he'll turn out ... the budding Oxbridge undergraduate or yet another piece of dolescum ? His cards are marked already and he's only 3.

No, I'm sorry, if my taxes are being used to fund this kid's education the very least his Mother can do is to take him to school in a presentable condition. It's got a great fat zippo to do with personal expression or freedom of speech & everything to do with a mother on welfare who thinks she's the Queen of Bling.

She said he picked the haircut himself. Good grief he's only three years old. What the hell is he even doing at school anyway ?

Its obvious you arent kidding which is rather pathetic, you actually believe he doesnt have a chance in life because of a hairstyle he has as a 3 year old?

This is the system trying to make all kids the same....hmm isnt this what they do in basic training for the military, make everyone identical puppets.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
Hahahaha it's worse at christian schools I was suspended numerous times for my hair being longer than the tops of my ears.

I attended a public school that had a few mixed classes with a Catholic school on the same campus. I was told by a Catholic teacher that I should shave. I told her only if she had the guts to tell Jesus the same thing when he returns. You can imagine the response.
That was the moment I knew I would never conform to any religion. It seems the sole purpose of some religions is to control people, and nothing else.

[edit on 4/4/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is one of the omens of divine wisdom telling the mom to home-school her child

Seriously, if public education kicks a kid out, puts his education on standstill, over something so minute and trivial as a friggin haircut, what other stupid things are they doing? Should the mom trust the school to educate her child? They are teaching the kid it's more then perfectly fine to discriminate over looks alone...

F that. Home school the kid.

[edit on 083030p://4u27 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This also happened to me while I was in school, apparently my hair was 'too short' it was a No.2 shave, about 3mm I think, and that it would be a distraction to the rest of the class lol, I wasnt banned till it grew back though, I had to sit in the school library with the naughty kids and do my work.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Your exactly right, they have to control everything about you right down to the way you look. That experience is also what made me realize that I will never serve a god who tells his people that my haircut is evil.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think if that kid gets to do whatever he wants for the next 13/14 years then yeah he'll be a waste of space as an adult. He'll be a bone idle, workshy lazy sonofabitch who thinks the world owes him a living.

Seriously. I do think that. He's already taking on the school at age 3, him & Sweet Mother Dearest. In this country you can see not one or even two but three generations of the same family who are exactly the same with the whole "I'll do what I want and you wont stop me" mentality. Why not let him wear make up if that's what he wants. Or a dress. Or piercings ?

It has nothing to do with curbing individual freedoms of expression or forcing you down a path you would otherwise prefer not to go - you're free to express yourself any way you like when you hit 16, 18 or whatever your state/nation decrees. But as a kid you have little if any freedoms. And that's just tough. So get over yourselves and run off to your bedroom - and don't forget to slam the door behind you.

You guys seem to think this little 3 year old non-conformist is a latterday Bertrand Russell in the making .... when in fact the sad reality is he's already on a slippery slope to idleness and criminality simply because of the way he's being raised.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

I don't even know what to say to your post.

:bnghd:

I'll edit this with some real content when my non-conformist self just feels like it.

[edit on 093030p://4u49 by Lucid Lunacy]

apc

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Clearly this child is a victim of the influence of Emmanuel Goldstein...

new topics

top topics

join