It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO or.... ? ? ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm not saying this is a UFO or not, it's just that I can't think of what else it could be. So I was taking my trash cans up my long driveway ( hence my name ) at about 8:30. There was a considerable amount of stars in the sky now, including three large ones. One was over to the side and above. The next was below but a little to the right. The next was much farther below and a little to the right.

Anyway I looked up and I saw this really small yellow light but it was blinking. It was smaller than most of the stars exept a few. I saw it inbetween the second and third stars. I kept looking and it blinked and when it came back on it was barely any farther away. I looked down for a second and when I looked up it seemed to have covered a huge distace and was at the third star. ( by 1 second I mean one second not a short time ) I expirementally looked down again and when I looked up it was all the way by the first star. Again it was very small so it couldn't have been a plane and It was apparently very fast but didn't move it's position every five seconds and stoo stationary, blinking.

I'm not saying it was a ufo but I couldn't think of what else it could be. Thanks in advance for any posts. Tell me what you think. Thanks.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Trash can]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Sounds like a game of intergalactic baseball.

No idea what it was,maybe put the video camera by the door for a little while,incase you see it again.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I doubt I will. I mean this was the first really strange thing I have ever seen, (besides two ghosts in gettysburg- I have a thread on it) and it's not even that great. I'll look for it again but doubt I will see it again.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
you never know,you hear of people saying "and I went back the next night,and there it was again" Worth a shot. Of course,it's down to you,I've no idea even if you live in a place where it's wise to leave a video camera by the door.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Nope. MD doesn't have anything. No cryptids, no ufos, nothing interesting. I will definetly look again though, thanks for the post.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Trash can

Obvious question - you saw a point of light - so how did you determine hwo big or how far away it was, thus ruling out a plane?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

If you or any others do not know what this was or is then it is a UFO. If it is unidentifiable then what else could it be designated as? Just sayin....

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I judged the size as being smaller than most of the stars except for a few. I have no clue what it was just it was not natural because it blinked in a rhythm like blink....blink....blink.... and It wasn't a satelite because of its movement ( periodically stationary, very fast ) It was NOT a meteor or comet. A basic description:

small
yellow
rhythmic blinking
fast
sometimes stationary

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I am still speechless as to what else this could be. I thought about it all day and thought of nothing. But I came up with this question:

Lets say that it was not a ufo. Hypothetically. What else could it have been? I'm thinking satelite but it moved too fast. It would blink off then when it blinked on it would be in the same spot. Then it went off again and when it came on it would be far away from the original spot.

Some help as to what else this could be?

I don't know why but I seriously doubt that this was a ufo. I live where no one has seen a ufo or a cryptid or a strange anything. It seems too good to be true.

Thanks. TC

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Trash can]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Hey Trash can,

Having grown up within 2 miles of an airport, I'll tell you that airplanes can often be really deceiving. I've had many instances over the years where a plane high in the sky will look to be stationary based on my relationship to it's position. Then it will suddenly change course and appear to be moving really fast. I'm not saying that's what you saw, but it is a possibility. Especially given the constant blinking light.

I'd definitely go out and look again. You never know.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I dont know if I metioned this before but It didn't just go fast and then stationary, it moved all around EXTREMELY quickly. I looked down for less than a second and when I looked up I saw it WAY over by some other star and i had to move to see it. Plus i don't think it was an airplane. It was smaller than the stars around it.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
edit : removed thought it was stupid from reading down more.......! * dont know how to delete, cause im smart?

[edit on 4-4-2008 by ItsFrickenAndrew]

[edit on 4-4-2008 by ItsFrickenAndrew]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I was driving yesterday ( Friday ) at around 7:50 and I saw something in the sky. It was a yellow light, not blinking, and bigger than the one I saw at night.

However, tehre were airplanes passing by minutes before and after, so it could be an airplane going straight and I saw its back. But then again it wasn't blinking.... It looked like a huge lone star in the stratus clouds.

Does the light in the back of an airplane blink?

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I dont think it was a ufo but it was kind of wierd.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Just a question but has anybody seen or heard of an account similar to mine? Have their ever been sightings of small single blinking lights in the sky?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

How long was it there, and did it appear to move at all?

The landing light of an aircraft that is moving toward you can be very bright and seem to hover for minutes, since the aircraft can be many miles away. It doesn't blink. I used to live on a hilltop in New Jersey under two major flight paths, and saw this phenomenon almost every night.

When the aircraft turns, the light dims dramatically in just a few seconds, and can seem to disappear under the right conditions.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Ok well I think it was too small of a light to bee seen if it was on a plane or something. It did move erratically and only moved great distances when I looked away for a second then blinked motionless, frozen it its spot.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Okay now a couple of months ago I saw this light in the sky but last night I saw something else.

Ok so a while ago I saw the light in the sky at the top of my driveway.
Last night I saw something else.

So I was at a neighborhood party in my neighborhood (so both of these sightings occurred in the same neighborhood - it is a small one) and I was out playing basketball with a couple of friends that live next to me.

We were playing and just over the roof I saw what was obviously a plane sighted from the back.

I watched it a while as the white blinking light reminded me of the craft I saw weeks ago.

I kept watching and it accelerated a bit then seemed to stop.

Now JeepGal. You told me planes could move like that based on my position and yes it was a very misty/foggy night.

I didn't think much of it because I was almost sure it was a plane.
But then I saw a couple more in the next half hour flying over trees and they didn't seem to blink or move erratically at all.

So I think the light I saw a while back was just a plane moving erratically based on where I was in relation to it. (Based on what I saw last night.)

I saw three planes last night and only one, the one above the rooftop, moved like that little white light. Did the others not move erratically because I aw them in different places?

top topics

join