It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands hit by Brazil outbreak of dengue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Thousands hit by Brazil outbreak of dengue

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- More than 55,000 people have been hit by dengue -- a sometimes deadly mosquito-borne virus -- around Rio de Janeiro in the last four months, Brazilian authorities said Thursday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title - please use the title from the source]

[edit on 3-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Let's hope this virus doesn't spread to the US. We would be so screwed if that happened.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: to reflect actual title]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Bad thing is here in Florida there talkiing about not spraying for mosquitos anymore due to cut backs because of the economy. And I believe the fruit fly and killer bees both came from south america here in the US. The standards were lower for imported products in south america and they came over in shipments from overseas then moved north.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

that *snip*. is the government dumb because that is one thing that shouldn't be cut from the state's budget. If they wanted to save money end the war on drugs. end the war in iraq.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Whenever I hear about dengue my ears perk up.
Historically, it’s a real fave of the CIA…

Savannah, Georgia and Avon Park, Florida were the targets of repeated Army bio-weapons experiments in 1956 and 1957. Army CBW researchers released millions of mosquitoes on the two towns in order to test the ability of insects to carry and deliver yellow fever and dengue fever. Hundreds of residents fell ill, suffering from fevers, respiratory distress, stillbirths, encephalitis and typhoid. Army researchers disguised themselves as public health workers in order photograph and test the victims. Several deaths were reported.

So it took them a few years to really “understand” it, and then…

In 1981, Fidel Castro blamed an outbreak of dengue fever in Cuba on the CIA. The fever killed 188 people, including 88 children. In 1988, a Cuban exile leader named Eduardo Arocena admitted "bringing some germs" into Cuba in 1980.

Hey Mikey, they like it!

[In 1985] an epidemic of dengue fever struck Managua, Nicaragua. Nearly 50,000 people came down with the fever and dozens died. This was the first outbreak of the disease in Nicaragua. It occurred at the height of the CIA's war against the Sandinista government and followed a series of low-level "reconnaissance" flights over the capital city.

So the natural next question is…what is the link that could connect U.S. interest to Rio?

Source: Germ War

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i didnt think mosquito's were that deadly. i know about the west nile virus. but man thats insane. so far 67 are dead from it. watch the death count is going to rise. I just hope those bugs stay down there.

new topics

top topics

join