It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No benefit in drinking eight glasses of water a day, scientists say

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i have a question, is Nestle's Pure Life water good (as in healthy) it says that all it contains is "Purified Water, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Bicarbonate, and Magnesium Sulfate", i am wondering if those are okay or not

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gkgoten100
i have a question, is Nestle's Pure Life water good (as in healthy) it says that all it contains is "Purified Water, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Bicarbonate, and Magnesium Sulfate", i am wondering if those are okay or not

I know i've had nestle bottled water and I thought it was probably the worst one.

Tastes like its scooped right out of the swimming pool.

0.4 flouride ions ppm i think. Terrible.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disinfo Person

off topic, but those bolthouse farms drinks are GREAT!

amen brother! C-Boost is my favourite. I had 1 litre of that every day for about 4 days one week... I think I only slept 3 - 4 hours every night, but the thing is... thats all the sleep i needed! I felt totally drained...yet I had all the energy i needed.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well im a roofer for 3 years and it get to +40 and about sometimes celsius and i myself have drank probably 20 liters a day in water. It's just if your body's needs it then drink it, you can tell.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

off/topic

As an addendum to my last post I didn't mean to imply that Naked Juice is superior to Bolthouse Farms, I just meant that, in general, natural juice is a superior product.

I used to drive by Bolthouse's fields out by Bakersfield on my way to and from San Jose; boy was that a lot of carrots!!

Any company that produces a fresh product made from natural sources with minimal processing is ok in my book, and is clearly superior to the food-like-substances marketed by the big corporations.

on/topic

I stick to spring water from a dedicated source and avoid "drinking" water which can just be filtered well water.

And due to concerns about polycarbonate and bisphenol A I store the bottles in a cool, dark place.

At my age the bisphenol A is probably less of a concern than some of the crap in tap water.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by goosdawg]

apc

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If you have normal kidney function your urine should have a very slight yellow tint to it. If it is clear you are overhydrated. If it is dark yellow you are dehydrated. Just drink as much water as your body needs to maintain slightly yellow urine.

Also do not drink distilled or RO water. Distillation and reverse osmosis remove toxins such as chlorine and fluoride, yes. But the processes also remove magnesium and calcium. Pure water lacking these essential minerals will leach them out of your body pushing you into deficiency. Drink spring water instead. Normal healthy mineral levels.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by apc]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Careful...
I am watching my Dad die an unimaginable horrible disgusting slow death from CANCER and I can tell you from my own personal experience you would much rather die "old and senile" then this farked up disease.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Being someone who has had a number of kidney stones,i can tell you that I notice a dramatic difference in drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day.I notice the major difference in my skin.Water will make your skin actually look healthy and even younger. I have more energy as well.The water drink that I like is Glaceau Vitamin Water.If this story was brought to the public from Faux news I would take it with a grain of salt.They have a doctor on in the mornings and I remember one episode where he stated you get all the water you need from things such as coffee and milk,etc,etc. strange coming from a doctor.
The 8 glasses of water a day thing has been around since I was a kid and that was the 60's and 70's.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Bolthouse farms juice is sooooo good. Whenever we have a cold I get about 6 of the immune booster ones with a ton of vitamin C and other goodies. It makes a huge difference in the amount of time it takes to get over the cold as well as energy levels during the cold.

IF you really need motivation to get healthy get a high energy dog that needs lots of walks or runs to keep them from ripping your house to shreds. But only if you really want a dog of course!

I have lost 15 lbs that I didnt even know I wanted to lose simply from taking 2 or 3 very fast 3 to 5 mile walks a day. It takes very little time and a short but fast walk in the morning changes my
And I dont have to be motivated to exercise, only motivated to not have my couch eaten and every pair of my shoes ruined.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

What the... how... this... omg.

"Not enough evidence to back this up"?

What moron thought this up?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
If you have normal kidney function your urine should have a very slight yellow tint to it. If it is clear you are overhydrated. If it is dark yellow you are dehydrated. Just drink as much water as your body needs to maintain slightly yellow urine.

Also do not drink distilled or RO water. Distillation and reverse osmosis remove toxins such as chlorine and fluoride, yes. But the processes also remove magnesium and calcium. Pure water lacking these essential minerals will leach them out of your body pushing you into deficiency. Drink spring water instead. Normal healthy mineral levels.

[edit on 4-4-2008 by apc]

Very good point. I get those minerals elsewhere though. I don't get as much minerals as I'd like to. But I hope the centrum forte is doing its job.

I bought some hemp powder a little while ago, it has protein and some other nutrients, what i found suprising was the amount of different amino acids in it.

Distilled water is deffinately good, but yes.. you do need those essential minerals it doesn't posesss. Thanks for bringing that up.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
saw this on a fox news site as well (linked from google news) and the headline is as follows:

Study: Skip the Water, Have a Soda Instead

www.foxnews.com...

i think it's pretty irresponsible to imply that the study favors soda over water when it doesn't make or even imply any such claim. that's the msm for you - and the worst of them.

give it 5 years.....75% of north america will be dieing from a diabetes epidemic....only us who see the value in the essentials (and know what they are; salt, h2o, complex amino acids), will be able to survive if society goes with the "Big Pharma" scientist's....

SUGAR FOR ALL!!!!!!!!

apc

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

I want to amend my statement as I have changed my opinion on this matter. I've canceled my spring water delivery and installed a reverse osmosis system under the kitchen sink. The average cost is significantly less and the lost minerals are easily replaced using sea salt. I mix a little less than 1/2tsp sea salt per 1 gallon of RO water to bring it up to about 350ppm. This actually exceeds the natural mineral content of my spring water, but I can't taste a thing.

So this bump isn't entirely off topic, I actually notice I want to drink more of it. I don't know if it's the increased sodium or just my body saying, "We like this! Give us more!" but as long as your kidneys are fit drinking a healthy amount of water is [rarely] a bad thing.

>
s/never/rarely Could be watching a movie or something.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by apc]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join