It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spandex Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Back in 1998, I used to go to this one place that what sort of a drop in center for low income people as a volunteer. There was this female who was named Sue, who also volunteered there, who happened to come into the place in early June of that year. She came over to me and asked me what I was going to do special for her on her birthday in early November. She then asked me if I'd wear spandex for her on her birthday at Bethesda House. Jokingly, I said I would. So for most of the next six months, it was sort of a running gag between us. A lot of people heard us joking about it. Anyway, two weeks before Sue's birthday, this other lady by the name of Mary came over to me and asked me if I'd really wear the spandex for Sue on her birthday. I told her that 'd like to do it, but I didn't have a spandex outfit and couldn't afford to by a pair at the time. She said not to worry, she'd bring in a pair for me to wear the next day. Then we asked to see the Director of the place and brought her into the prank. We asked her if I could change into the spandex upstairs on Sue's birthday if she came into the hospitality center on her birthday. Peggy said I could. So anyway, on Sue's birthday, she did show up at the center, and immediately went upstairs to change. I let Peggy, the Director, know that Sue had just come into the building and that I was going to put on the spandex. I then changed into it and showed the Director what I looked like with the spandex on. She got a pretty good laugh, because I was 5'6" and 320 pounds at the time and had managed to squeeze into a ladies size five outfit. She took a couple of pictures of it, then called downstairs and asked them to send Sue up to her office. She then hid in one of the other rooms upstairs and I closed the door. A few minutes later, I heard a knock on the door and said come in." The door opened up and Sue took two steps into the office before she noticed that it was me and not Peggy in the office. Then her eyes bugged out and her jaw dropped. She burst out laughing, then came over to me, gave me a hug and said:"Thanks, Wally. I've been having such a lousy week that I needed something like this to pick me up." We enjoy joking about the fact that she is just getting good eyesite back now after all those years after having seen me wear spandex. It's nice knowing that I've made her life.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that story with us Wally
You sound like a really cool fun dude! Stay that way. Thanks again for the smile.

new topics

join