It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had to live off one type of food.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Your on some crazy show that pits you against a rival for months to see who can eat the same food the logest. Under surveillance of course. What food would it be? It can be a dish. Obviously, it would need to be a dish you would not get sick of after awhile. I would probably pick sushi(tuna)! yum!
or hot dogs. you can't really get sick of hotdogs.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Eggs. There are soooooo many ways you can cook eggs, you could basically have something different each night.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Eggs. There are soooooo many ways you can cook eggs, you could basically have something different each night.

I think it he meant it has to be the same dish, 3 meals a day for a month.. ???

Under those circumstances I'd go with Fettuccine Alfredo and shrimp, steamed broccoli with ranch dressing, a 6 oz prime rib with sautéed mushrooms, onions and artichoke hearts on top and a bread stick coated with a garlic butter...

Any network want to put me to the challenge?

[edit on 3-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Potatoes. doesn't matter how you cook em I love em. My favorite food.
But hey I'm Irish.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
sushi. good for you. delicious. have to have extra wasabe though with every meal. plus you get to master using chopsticks.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
ground beef

Love me some hamburger, loose meat sammies, cheeseburgers, meatloaf, h-burg in chilil, doesn't matter.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Pizza!

I can eat Pizza forever. Talk about a variety of ways to make pizza -- it's endless! But even if I was limited to, say, one type of pizza, I could eat pizza for months maybe years.

Just think of all the variables in the crust, sauces, the cheeses that are used (or could be used) and, of course, the endless possibilities offered in the area of toppings. I could eat pizza forever!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

Actually I have eaten a lot of eggs over an extended period, and though you'd think not, it is possible to get tired of them.

Still I'd have to pick eggs also, but maybe with the proviso that I'd have a professional cook making up the dishes. That would allow variation.

As some know, eggs are the protein standard, with the default biological value of 100.

Biological values of common foods (by nitrogen incorporation):
* Protein, Whey:[color=484644]............ 100
* Soy Beans:[color=484644].................. 96
* Milk, Human:[color=484644]................ 95
* Egg, Chicken:[color=484644]............... 94
* Milk, Soybean:[color=484644].............. 91
* Milk, Cow:[color=484644]....................90
* Cheese:[color=484644]...................... 84
* Rice:[color=484644]........................... 83
* Flour, soy:[color=484644]................... 81
* Fish, Generic:[color=484644]............... 76
* Beef, Generic:[color=484644].............. 74.3
* Tofu:[color=484644].......................... 64
* Flour, wheat:[color=484644]................ 64
* Flour, White:[color=484644]................ 41

Biological Values of common foods (standard values):
* Whey protein conc.:[color=484644]..... 104
* Egg, Whole egg:[color=484644].......... 100
* Milk, Cow:[color=484644].................... 91
* Beef:[color=484644].......................... 80
* Protein, Casein:[color=484644]............ 77
* Protein, Soy:[color=484644]................ 74
* Gluten, Wheat:[color=484644]............. 64
[size=-3]Adapted from([size=-3]Wiki Biological Value)

So, you can see, some are better choices than others, based on this.

Please note: from above link:

Lastly, the use of rats for the determination of protein quality is not ideal. Rats differ from humans in requirements of essential amino acids. This has led to a general criticism that experiments on rats lead to an over-estimation of the BV of high-quality proteins to man because human requirements of essential amino acids are much lower than those for rats (as rats grow at a much faster rate than humans).

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It would have to be snails.

No only do hedgehogs seem to do rather well on them, but when you are not eating you would have something to have a conversation with.

MonKey

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Fresh young coconuts.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsEsterhouse
hot dogs. you can't really get sick of hotdogs.

i wouldnt consider hot dog "one" type of food. neither would pizza - thats bread, cheese, sauce, etc.

If I had to pick one type of food - peanut butter. Full of protein, calories, and fills you up. If I can pick one MEAL, it would be peanut butter, jelly and banana sandwiches. And a glass of soy milk. I could probably live on that for at least a few years.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSam

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks

I think it he meant it has to be the same dish, 3 meals a day for a month.. ???

Under those circumstances I'd go with Fettuccine Alfredo and shrimp, steamed broccoli with ranch dressing, a 6 oz prime rib with sautéed mushrooms, onions and artichoke hearts on top and a bread stick coated with a garlic butter...

Any network want to put me to the challenge?

[edit on 3-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]
Ha! Good choice of dish. ahh... A little bit of everything. You could just pick what you felt like eating for an individual meal! Star for you for being creative!

To clarify(no pun intended.) I meant One specific type of food. So if you liked eggs, you could have let's say deviled eggs but not scrambled. etc.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by MrsEsterhouse]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

I agree Pizza all the way!

I could easily consume pizza for the rest of my life, it would not be an issue in the least.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hmmn...lets see!
I think I would have to go with fiery hot, buffalo chicken wing drumettes!

The hotness is addictive!

[edit on 4/3/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If you're talking about surviving against a rival for long periods of time, I think the best thing to eat would be beans. Beans are thought to be one of the perfect foods. I'd go with beans to keep myself ahead of the game

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just plain old grilled chicken..No spices sauces or nuffink..

I've lived on nothing else but this for weeks on end before already.
Just never get tired of it..

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
If you're talking about surviving against a rival for long periods of time, I think the best thing to eat would be beans. Beans are thought to be one of the perfect foods. I'd go with beans to keep myself ahead of the game

Ha nice! Use a little biological warfare. Good thinking!

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
My choice hand down would be hamburgers and fries.I never get tired of burgers.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Chili. I can eat that forever as long as I get some cheese and sour cream with it.

But if it had to be like one food type with nothing added to it... Uhh I'd have to say steak. Make it rare.

PS: Are cigarettes and alcohol considered food?

-Will

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I can live on anything with rice -- soy sauce, egg, etc... It's easy to cook rice, too. No brainers here, really. Just wash, boil and eat.

<<   2  3 >>

join