It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep paralysis or demonic assault

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TyrantFlameViper

Hi!
First of all... sorry for my English, I hope that you can understand what I'm writing

What you describe correspond to two phenomena which can be mutually linked and that often take place when you fall asleep or when you wake up. Nothing to do with devil or alliens! But only with your brain and neurotransmitters.
The first think is hypnagogic hallucinations; these are experiences and imagery which occur during the transition state between wakefulness and sleep (or hypnopompic hallucinations if it occurs during the transition from sleep to wakefulness). I suffer from a sleep disorder and these experiments are frequent for me. They are often violent and fearsome. Someone hit me, or kill me for example. You live your "dream" as though it's something real. You have the impression to live something true, you feel the pain, the fear, ... but you look asleep for the people who look at you!
The second think which happen very often whith these hallucinations is sleeping paralysis. You want to moove, run or cry but you are unable move, to open the eyes, to speak, to cry out for help or to scream. When you have only sleeping paralysis without hallucinations, you can ear everything around you, but you can't move. It's really a frightening experience! And it can take a lot of energy trying to be really awake and move. The more you're scared or panic, the more it lasts.
Hypnogogic/hypnopompic hallucinations and spleeping paralysis are mostly experienced by people who suffer from narcolepsy or by many others for example during periods of stress (just like you), sleep deprivation or drug withdrawal.
If you have some questions, I can try to answer it or share some of my experiences with you.
One last thing: if it happens really often, you could speak from it with a doctor (a neurolog). He can give you medecine which can help you and reduce the frequency of these symptoms.
Have a nice day,
White mouse

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Sleep paralysis for sure. I get it like probably twice a week. I use to have hard core sleep paralysis, but I learn to fight it off.

I would see and feel ghostly things worst than u, but it's all in your head trust me.

Some of the tricks, I learn to slap out of it, is by trying to move your neck or feet to fully wake up. Otherwise, u would be stuck in the horror dreams for a while.

It funny because you mind tells u to be scare, but in real life u probably won't be as scare if u saw a ghost.

After a while u get use to it, so it doesn't scare u as much. It actually pisses me off more than scare me. Sometimes and I would try to throw down with the ghost. One time i found my self jumping out of my bed and throwing puches in the air at what i thought to b a demon.
My GF was was there and we would laugh about it.

When I was younger, my dreams actually became reality. I was fully awake and moving and I still hallucinated. I thought my brother was a devil, he was all red and have those cartoon devil tails. It was wieird, but it eventually it went away as I got older. Now, I only have sleep paralysis, which is not as bad.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by amfirst]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by amfirst

Yeah the fear is just natural for the brain cause we arent used to being paralysed.

Hows things Tyrant? had any more?

PaRaDoX2... new ID..

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I hadnt had any for about a week and half. Then i thought i was free from it but then it hit me last night it wasnt as bad and all I can remember is being paralyzed and hearing this vibration, and the other thing is when i was dreaming it was like i was flying but, i could see different parts of the world. Everything was moving so fast almost like a blurr it was really weird then I felt a hand pull me but thats all I can really remember.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I have sleep paralysis where i can't breathe, awful thing to suffer from.
I've heard the occasional "evil laughter", Seen shadows etc...nothing positive.

Hate it

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
im not sure if it was the smartest thing for me to do but one morning after staying up almost all night i started to fall into a deep sleep it was about 5:00 in the morning or so when i woke up and noticed something clear the only reason i noticed it was because of the lights behind it and it was like a shimmer i'll call it an entity but anyways i felt a pressure on my whole body it was weighing down espesially on my chest i heard it grunt and it seemed like it was attacking me or maybe even trying to enter me but i could barely move as soon as i noticed it i threatened it with thought saying that i had the power to kill it and god would snuff it out and it seemed to go away. but then afterwards when i went to go sleep in my room upstairs i fell asleep but it kep on attacking me i would make it go away and when i fell aseep again it would keep on attacking me this went on like three times or so within like 2 hours but after i woke up the last time i decided to stay awake. and it hasn't attacked me again.

sorry for any spelling errors

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well it's been awhile since I've been on here mostly because the SP had stopped then last night it hit me pretty hard is there anyway to make this permanently go away I tried to talk with my friends about it but they kinda looked at me like i was crazy they thought it was funny instead of hearing the vibration I can feel it too it's really wierd and it is becoming harder and hard to come out of this state

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
here is a movie i did called Stop Sleep Paralysis its long

Google Video Link

[edit on 25-11-2008 by Amenti]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I've had plenty of incidents of sleep paralysis which were all scary.
My first experience was when I had 'awoke' at around 2am to a noise. I saw a figure in my doorway staring at me. When my eyes adjusted to the darkness it was a man who I had never seen before. This man had a face which I clearly understood as he was here to kill me. The man took one step closer. Overcome with fear I began to scream. Only thing is nothing came out. I felt my self swallowing, my tongue moving and mouth moving but still no sounds came out. It was like I couldn't even breathe. At that instantly I snapped out of it. I find myself sitting up in my bed, sweaty. I quickly run to the lights and no one is there.

Yeah these incidents are scary but once you get used to them it's actually fun

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Tbh I don't think there's need for this talk about "battles with spirits". Imo give consideration to the content...

I had one of these classic sleep paralysis episodes that sticks out very clearly in my mind. Classic "dreamt I'd woken up". First sensation I picked up on was firstly of pressure, but also a strong static impression, like static electricity. This seemed to go hand in hand with the sense of impending evil.

I'm a philosopher by nature even as a young teen. I don't strictly believe in "good and evil". It's all subjective. I'm also interested in physics and biology, and though I hadn't heard of sleep paralysis when this happened, the cogs still whirred so to speak.

I "woke up" and saw the dark bedroom. At the end of my bed as I looked down I saw the black silhouttes of two short black figures with glowing red eyes, and naturally panicked and hid under the duvet. Was quite hot under there that time of year! After hiding a moment, I could still feel the static / evil.

Several things crossed my mind. Somehow I recognised that fear was feeding the images. They were drawing on my fear. At this stage, being half asleep I still hadn't realised they weren't "real" so to speak.

I think I had been considering earlier the differences in people, good and evil, misunderstandings, judgements and so on. Perhaps this was my mind's way of considering the possibilities in my sleep. I considered, hiding under the sheet, what these people would feel if confronted by fear and hiding all their lives.

I promptly felt concern for them, and hoped to project that as I pulled the duvet down from my head.

Things changed immediately. I no longer felt fear, but the same sort of love / concern I was projecting.
In retrospect what that should tell you is that you're experiencing a "software bug" of sorts, and experiencing a feedback loop. Perhaps there is a charge built up in one area. The usually "closed circuit" is feeding back with the contribution of adrenaline. Try changing your thoughts to a more positive note, and you may find an instant resolution.

The scenery changed. I found myself drifting down the hall. Kinda like my hall but a lot bigger. On the side were representations of all sorts of things.. We're talking star wars.. Yetis (all colours and sizes), swampy things with tentacles etc. In harsh terms you might say a hall of freaks. In fairness, in that dreamlike state I recognised purely that everyone is different. As such there are no freaks. Perhaps that was simply my mind registering the change in thought processes. There were no longer differences to fear.

This finished with the cavern. Not sure where my sleepy brain borrowed this one from (any TV show or film?). Big sandstone coloured cavern, looking down at hordes of "alien" children, with beautiful big blue eyes (unusual eyes) Pink skin etc but large heads. Essentially perhaps this is just the way we represent a combination of children's features in our minds (amplify the differences), and with the rest of the dream, accept differences in people and feel at comfort with it. Not sure the paternal significance though (felt they were looking at me as a father of sorts). Psychologically that's probably as simply covered as the rest.

And that's it... Basically a dream where I'm adapting to the real world, confronting fears and changing my outlook for the better (as probably happens all the time), but due to the SP interruption, I experience and memorise it far more readily. Yes dreams are apparently VERY vivid and realistic. Nope.. I'm not "skipping through daisies" as a result of the SP episode or anything since ;o)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Yes you were messed up by reptilian entities they do this all the time, because in that state of struggle you go into immense state of fear and you emanate energy on which they feed.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I too get sleep paralysis and know the noise that signals its coming on, as well as the feeling of someone coming to get me, or entering the appartment, room etc. Also, I am able to open my eyes in many cases and see, as well as hear other noises around me. I used to get scared. I would call out for help. My wife says it sounds like my voice is coming from very far away when I call. I have found I can wake myself by first moving my eyes, then expanding the side-to-side movement to my head and getting enough momentum to eventually shake my hands free of the invisible binders holding them in place.
More importantly, though: I am no longer frightened, and have been attempting to astral project when the noise comes on. It is hard to remember to go with the action, but I have been able to take small steps toward getting control of the situation without forcing myself "back into my body". What I reallly want to do is find a way to wilfully make it happen. As of now, I have to wait for the noise, then remember what I want to do. Good topic here. I will post updates about my progress.

edit on 11-11-2010 by bigbad3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OpusMarkII

I too have experienced evil entities invading my space. The paralysis accompanied with the overwhelming evil presence is frightening to put it mildly. I remember one time hearing whispering in my ear in some foreign language that I did not recognize. The whispers soon became a choir of voices getting louder and louder and the evil presence became thicker. I kept trying to move to wake myself out of this place between dreaming and being awake. I would beging to pray but know words were allowed to come out of my mouth. I kept trying to say the name of Jesus to make this evil presence leave, but I was unable to speak, unable to move... Paralyzed and scared out of my mind. Finally after much effort, I was able to yell out the name of Jesus, and I immediately came to. I have had many experiences with what I consider, evil encounters, for years. I know that what I'm feeling is not a matter of science... It is something very evil and insidious.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join