It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep paralysis or demonic assault

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by trilateral

I think it is only a small percent yeah cause Ive came across many people who have no idea what Im talking about.

Sleep paralysis is a condition characterized by temporary paralysis of the body shortly after waking up (known as hypnopompic paralysis) or, less often, shortly before falling asleep (known as hypnagogic paralysis).

Physiologically, it is closely related to the paralysis that occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is known as REM atonia. Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the bodily paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully conscious, but unable to move. In addition, the state may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) which cause an acute sense of danger [2]. Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual due to the vividness of such hallucinations[3]. The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful, or dream-like, objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision. Some scientists have proposed this condition as a theory for alien abductions and ghostly encounters.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

The second one is what Im used to.. hypnogogic.

Wikipedia also lists a few countries definitions of sleep paralysis, mainly all of them defining it as a ghost or something on the chest.

Il write one of my episodes in my next post.. unless I fall asleep soon. lol

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
When I first started getting it it was just the blackness and the watcher feeling and the noise... the chest pressure - not being able to breathe, and Im rocking myself inside to try and snap out of it, focusing to kick my foot usually worked.

One time during this blackness I saw what appeared to be an alien grey, about my height 5,10.. dressed in a black long matrix coat (before matrix ..lol) it was at the foot of my bed, holding out his hand, and out of his eyes and mouth came white/blue light....... like big trouble in little china if you remember that old guy.
And it was holding me down from with its energy.. [end of] cant remember more.

Then after time it kept coming on me and I kept fighting it off before any visuals would start,.

Eventually one night, along comes all the symptoms.. the sound the loudest Ive heard it, crack my eardrums... sound gos.. and this is how the visuals went.

Im walking down the road near where I live, approaching the gas station, tho its not the same its futur-fied... theres all these smooth immaculate chrome metal things there instead of pumps, like U shapes upside down, and people are running around the street panicking. I look up in the sky and there are flying things... UFOS.. disc shapes and another long oblong shape ones like flattened busses.. and all these were comming out of one point far up to my left in the sky, as if busting thru a piece of paper into our dimension.

There is firey stuff reigning down,I dont know if its from the crafts but it must be.. I ran into the gas station and crouched behind one of these 3 and half foot chrome things.. hiding for some reason I dont know why I wasnt running... next thing I see is this fire stuff, laser? hit the chrome thing and 'dematerialized' it from top to bottom, I watched it melt away digitally leaving nothing
And so I stood up scared now. This is the creepy bit..

There was a very loud voice talking from above me, like from a tannoy on a craft, but I never looked up. It said, in its kind of deep computerised sound..

''if you make it our receptacles will be standing by''

Then I woke up sweating like crazy, white as a sheet, and putting on my lights, refusing to go back to sleep etc.. as you do for a while.

First thing I did was think ...what does receptacle mean
and how could I hear this word in my ..''dream'' state... if Ive never heard it before in my life to my knowledge? I was about 20 years old.. Im now 34.

So yes I got a dictionary.. receptacle means -

1. a container, device, etc., that receives or holds something: ---------- flattened bus crafts? ----------

I know I got a quick close up view of the bus thing from a sky point, yknow how altered states and dreams are, sometimes youre first person viewing then other times youre just floating conciousness and invisible to others?

I had another one a few months ago where I woke up on a wall based bed in some kind of lab, HAPPY as larry, whoever larry is, and theres a female nurse talking to me and checking whatever shes checking.

I asked her... 'what is the date?' 'its 2026' shes said. 'Oh right.... so what happened with the new world order?' I said.. 'did things get bad?' she said 'yeah there were some crafts shooting up the place' etc etc.. (I forget all of it) I said all excitedly..'ooohhhhhh...... I dreamed about that!!' (my first story above) she said 'oh really?' all surprised, 'ok (bla bla) come with me'.

Its all very pleasant by the way, Im not feeling imprisoned.. tho maybe Im just high there I dont know!

She leads me to another room, big circular room.. round the edge theres some kinda tables.. cant picture it,.... with some men... scientists?.... and Im either injected with a drug or Ive wires plugged into me, I forget. Im standing in center of the room eyes shut, I feel a tremendous surge of health and power and energy fill my being, I actually remember thinking of NEO from matrix - then I woke up-

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Wow thats really interesting your very lucky to have had an experience such as this, to remember in such detail is indeed a skill.
Can I ask you in your heart of hearts do you think this happened? You know when something is real I think, you feel it in your heart, do you think this happened? I saw a green humanoid 5 years ago and I KNOW it was real, it happened it was not a dream or a vision in any way.

What about this experience can you say made it different from a lucid dream?
Thanks
Ms Green

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
A couple of things in your story tell me that you might have something else besides sleep paralysis, and you need to go to your doctor and get a referral to have a sleep study done. The fact that it is happening more often when you sleep in the bed, to me means that potentially Sleep Apnea is what is waking you from REM sleep and causing the paralysis to begin with. Additionally the Leg symptoms can fit PLMs (Periodic Limb Movements), maybe even RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome). PLMs can be associated with Sleep Apnea as the body fights to keep its airway open during sleep. If you have PLMs enough they can cause your legs to cramp up quite severely. Couple a sever leg crap caused by PLMS with a Sleep Apnea induced Sleep Paralysis event and mix in a bit of Hypnagogic Hallucination, and you probably have your experience. All the while the underlying cause may be as simple as the Apnea itself.

The only way to tell though is to have a sleep study preformed.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
Can I ask you in your heart of hearts do you think this happened? You know when something is real I think, you feel it in your heart, do you think this happened? I saw a green humanoid 5 years ago and I KNOW it was real, it happened it was not a dream or a vision in any way.

What about this experience can you say made it different from a lucid dream?Thanks Mr Green

Thanks. I believe you about the green guy. Your other posts are deep too.

The reason I remember so much is because they were so real yeah, to all my senses, and I do believe it.. like 100%, but the word belief infers doubt so 100% dont make sense
... so I can say I KNOW it was REAL... cause how do we define 'real' ? dreams are real in their world too... just not real in waking life.

Ive kinda trained myself to recall ordinary dreams, cant do it always and all normal dreams I forget tons of details, dont even need to think hard to remember SP visuals its just burned into my head cause it terrified me and woke me up abruptly... apart from that 2026 one.. tho really its only the paralyisng thats scary.... to me.

The difference between those and lucid dreaming is I never had any control of the scene as I know of... I wasnt aware I was 'dreaming' ... maybe cause I wasnt 'dreaming'... it just happened and I followed the plot.. with lucid dreams you realise you are dreaming and can go places at will... thats only ever happened to me once, it wasnt SP and I realised I was dreaming, but I guess the shock of realising it woke me up, never had it since.

I also have an inbuilt truth detector! I get goosebumps / warm nice tingling all over me when I hear or read or see some truth thats for me... so yeah in my heart I just know it was real --- but caused by what and whom for what reason - im unsure.... so im not ruling out it may even be a false program by some dissagreeable beings.. but I hope not.

Its that FAITH thing religious people talk about, yknow just cause someone isnt religious doesnt mean they are faithless demons.. as some would suggest. Faith is bigger than religion.

When you read the bible you see that ''god'' often caused a deep sleep to fall upon people, then he gave them a vision. Sometimes SP sufferers do suddenly feel the need to sleep, and then this happens.

Im thinking also that we each get visuals according to what we mainly believe... if your a religious you may see devils and demons, if you like UFOS you may see aliens.. if your both or neither you may see other things entirely... like my 3rd episode (actually it was number 2) I'l write soon... this one will blow your mind, I think you will relate to it judging by your previous posts.... it happened before the 2012 one, years ago, and it ended after that for a few years... I know SP tried comming on a times since but the noise I hate so much so I bring myself out of it.

By the way Tyrant Im not ignoring your post thanks for this thread, sounds very scary, hope you dont mind but people will always share their experiences too rather than try explain yours when they cant really explain their own
we all can get closer to the truth the more we know.

By the way, Im also a numbers fan, or not so fan even... I mean synchronicity and seeing patterns of numbers... Im one of those 11.11ers.. and have many syncs with certain numbers..

One such number has been 313.. plaguing me, its even in my clothes as part of their logo, bullrot wear.. heavyweight dogs.. (Canadian comapany)

Anyway one day I decided to look up some of these numbers in the bible pages and see what comes up, I looked up page 313 and what do I get?

Elijah being taken up in a whirlwind (craft?) by god.

Which makes the words 'If you make it our receptacles will be standing by' ... make even more sense to me. After that I met a member on here named WHIRLWIND - A Christian, but deeper than the average one. lol

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Hi Dave420,

Sorry but I'm going to have to back up Mr Green on this topic.

From my own personal experiences which have changed the way I see the world and religion, there are just some experiences that cannot be explained away by "chemical reactions" in the brain.

OOBE's and astral travel are just two examples where one can actually see and hear the physical world whilst the body appears asleep with the eyes shut.

A prophetic dream where one sees a specific situation that later comes true, is another.

Whilst I do believe that chemical reactions in the brain (especially drug induced) can induce illusions, there are far too many instances that I would label as proof that our nature is both physical and spiritual.

My favourite science would have to be quantam physics, which is one where "science" and metaphysics seem to be in harmony with each other, because when it comes down to it - we are just energy in motion aren't we?

Kind regards

Dobbie

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2

I like your posts and Id like to say that I totally believe you. Its hard working out what this is all about but together I think we can get an answer easier.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dobbie

My favourite science would have to be quantam physics, which is one where "science" and metaphysics seem to be in harmony with each other, because when it comes down to it - we are just energy in motion aren't we?

I agree I like those too, also I just noticed emotion is Energy in motion E-motion.

Metaphysics and quantum mechanics is all still 'science' [to me] I dont know enough of either, but I see big words in life causing big friction and separation of people from 'quantum common sense'... QCS is my science. All is one and there is 'the science of creation' ?

Have you's seen the experiment with sound frequencies and rice on a plate? the plate vibrates and the rice forms complex geometric shapes.. amazing >

Resonate

The universe being formed must be similar to whats happening there.. thats what I feel just by looking at that.

Im having some seriously deep thoughts now so Im off to bed.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TyrantFlameViper
i used to get sleep paralysis alot in iraq maybe due to stress of combat or lack of sleep...but occasionally i would get it when i would lay down after work for even a short nap on a lunch break.....i always got it when i would lay in my bed so i went out and i bought a couch which i now sleep and up until last night i have never had something liek this happen to me..

so now i try to think logically about what happened
1 maybe it was a dream
2 in iraq i was angry bitter person and in some occult societies they believe a demon is a personality gone awry and that you have 8 personalities and if one takes more time than the others it becomes the demon
3 maybe the anger is my demon and a new emotion has been introduced in the last few weeks that i am over looking

So OP now you've read a few posts regarding others experiences of sleep paralysis, which of the above do you think it may have been?

I have no doubt your experiences in Iraq have triggered something deep within you, however the fact that something has been triggered means you are an aware individual. Extreme situations in our life are often the catalyst to our deepest thoughts and emotions coming to the surface.

When I initially started getting SP I has very scared of it, I did not know what is was. I have no doubt severe sleep deprivation was the trigger for me. However I learnt to control this SP but now Im wondering whether I should have done this. This SP was a very raw form of astral projection and I have probably lost several years now of learning how to astral project. We all have free will in these matters and 7 years ago when SP returned I rejected it, used my free will just as the "noise" started and the paralysis set in and shouted NO.

Through meditation I know realize these experiences are related to astral projection. The noise is just us not becoming tuned in correctly. Im still learning with this and I am no expert but we just need to learn what it is we have been given and not to fear it.

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2

Hi Paradox2,

Yes I have seen that experiment with the rice. It gives us a glimpse of the power of sound frequencies.

I remember several years ago, a woman was featured on a news report on TV for her ability to heal injuries and disease with her voice. A client would come to see her and she would sing a certain musical note and apparantly the person would feel less pain experience rapid healing. Was very interesting! Cannot remember what her name was unfortunately.

However, getting back to the main key topic here, I have experienced sleep paralysis and psychic attack from a dark entity, it is not something that is imagined, it is quite real. It only happened to me once, but I now surround myself with protective white light before going to sleep and I have not experienced it again.

I think having confidence in our own ability to self protect is all that is needed to avoid it from happening again. Fear is an invitation for it to happen again.

Dobbie

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dobbie

Hi yes when I started meditation I was frequently attacked most nights. This Im sure was due to me opening my 3rd eye in meditation and opening a gateway or something. The attacks would go on for hours, Id see them, fire eyes looking at me, flashes of lights in the room and within my mind. I finally got rid of them by removing ALL fear of them and surrounding myself with the white light you speak of. This light comes from within you can almost see it and definatly feel it. I also found violet light an excellent protection.
However I must say the most important thing is to remove the fear of these entities, without fear they have no power over us.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

That is exactly right Mr Green!!

These entities are energetic vampires that feed off fear.

Once we learn to overcome fear, we are free to experience and explore all the wonders of the astral and spiritual world without being compromised.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dobbie

Yes Dobbie but it takes alot of courage to look these things in the eye and say I feel no fear doesn't it. Since using the white light for a few nights they have never returned.

After I had overcome my fear they did return one night but they treated me totally different, they actually said they were sorry for what they had done and all they wanted was my help to show them the light. They had like an orange aura about them but I said that I could not help them and that they must leave and that this was goodbye.

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dobbie

These entities are energetic vampires that feed off fear.

Once we learn to overcome fear, we are free to experience and explore all the wonders of the astral and spiritual world without being compromised.

Couldn't have put it better myself . Energy vampires it what they are, psychic energy being what they crave the most. Once we realize this we are free.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Yes Mr Green, it does take a lot of courage to face an entity without fear, but it sounds to me like you've now got it sorted.

Once one opens up spiritually, one becomes like a beacon to the world of spirits. However, we can also choose to let in only those spirits of the light such as spirit guides, angels, etc and block out the negative/lower energies.

You've done the right thing by sending your visitors on their way.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'd like to address a few points. First, can we all stop for a moment with the energy vampires and attacks and address the sleep paralysis itself? Why add an unknown, assumed layer of speculation to the situation? I'm not saying none of that is real, but there isn't much to hold on to besides the personal experience of the submitter. The more attention is drawn to conjecture, the less the actual problem itself is addressed.

I will say this to the OP, as someone who has experienced sleep paralysis hundreds of time and carries a psychology degree (not trying to sound better than others but I have some knowledge of the area)...

I am asking you tackle the experience on your own, and not involve energies/spirits/demons or anything of that sort to begin with. I believe in that sort of thing, but from personal experience I also believe that 99.9% of SP has a physical cause. Not to belittle your SP or perception thereof, I've had a few times that still make me scratch my head, and that's totally fine, but don't let it overrun your thoughts. You can't really verify it, so for now, take it as it is, an experience. You know that to be true, everything else is speculation.

I also know that you can defeat the fear personally, and really build a relationship with your mind. Sounds weird I know, but most people don't take the time to improve their ability to command their brain. You are unconsciously reprogramming your brain everyday, you can speed that up AND set it in the direction of your choosing if you begin to consciously control it.

It's like when you try to remember something, you don't consciously search for the info, you just sort of think about it. Apply that to other areas of your life and experience. Just tell your brain what you want to happen. You can make yourself like something you currently don't. Say a friend offends you in the morning, and you spend all day thinking about it, just getting madder and more upset. Of course you did, you sat there running the "be mad at friend" command all day. Take command of that idle time and thoughts to improve yourself.

Did you know smiling literally makes you happier? Your brain sees that you've chosen to contract and relax the muscles required for smiling and assumes something made you happy, so it releases positive neurotransmitters which, tada! make you feel happy. The good ol' brain filling in gaps for a perceived affect ("something must have made me smile, what the heck, send out the happy pills") It is that easy, you just have to take control. And if you think taking control is hard, it's not, just do it. You already have the control, you've just given it away to fear for the moment, but it's always yours.

Ask yourself this, is your speculation creating more of a problem than it's solving? It can add another mental layer of fear to your situation. Now you have to deal with the supernatural possibility before you address the actual experience. This can create a separation which makes you feel helpless and victimized by the sleep paralysis. As long as that added fear or complication is there, it will be very difficult to address the sleep paralysis itself.

I can't tell you what to do, and I entirely understand that your perception of events could be different from mine, so who am I to say it isn't supernatural. But I can tell you that it's possible to address it personally and rationally. You know you aren't insane, trust your judgement and don't rely on others to judge an inner conscious experience of yours. You could gain a lot from this mental journey, I know I did. If you have any questions at all don't hesitate to ask, hope all is well tonight.

To those who feel energy healing and vampire protection is the way to go...

[The following is based off of 'rules' or assumptions of how things work in the supernatural realm. While I don't think this is the way to go, I wanted to address some issues for those that do.]

1. By focusing on the possible attackers does that not give them more strength? The power of conscious observation and attention, I believe, give rise to the reality we experience. To concentrate on, or believe that you're being attacked, is akin to swatting individual wasps when the hive is a few feet away.

2. The problem is not the attackers, it's the attacked. Don't view it as us going on to their turf, they're coming to us. We hold home court advantage and can choose not to be affected by them. So long as you feel weak and helpless you will be, I don't care how strong the entity or whatever is supposed to be. The mind is much more powerful than any of us are able to consciously put a finger on, but it's there at our disposal. We just need to shift perspective to use it.

3. Sure, there might be a psychic attack going on, but it can be 'defeated' without having to battle a demon or something. Think of it like a pitcher in baseball, each throw is the same regardless of whether the batter is there or not. It could be Barry Bonds at the plate but his presence can not affect the physical status or ability of my body, I can pitch just the same. If you learn to strengthen yourself and to deal primarily with that (just throwing the ball as if no batter is there) then you won't have to worry about the psychological change that can occur when a batter is present.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Yes, you are partly correct, it is through the power of our own mind that we gain control.

But don't forget that these forums are a place for people to share experiences without having to provide "evidence" or "proof" that what they share actually exists. Remember this is the paranormal section of the website. Not everyone has seen a ghost, astral travelled, experienced psychic phenomena and we don't have to try and convince someone who has not experienced same that it exists.

Please remember to allow open discussion.

However, in saying that, an ability to harness our own thoughts and control the direction of our thinking is severely lacking in todays society, we tend to lay blame on the external without looking at whats going on internally.

However, I still believe that psychic attack is a reality ... to some people ... more spiritually open than the average Joe!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Hi

You are obviously very knowledgable in this field and I do agree science has its part to play (being a scientist myself ) but I do find I reach a point in my experiences that is beyond science.

I am with Dobbie on this one, we do not post our replies with proof as we have none, I am here to tell of what I have experienced and I am not interested or offended by people saying I am wrong. It is for this reason I no longer post in the Aliens/UFO threads as no discussion can be had in there without a never ending request of proof.

Thank you for your post though and yes I see that it may provide some answers for the OP. I agree not ALL SP is paranormal and other causes must be investigated. It is a personal journey we must all travel to seek out the reasons for these experiences. I know mine is on a spiritual level, I am on a path of awakening and by realizing this I am no longer attacked.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm not saying it couldn't be paranormal, and I completely agree that science doesn't know a lot. I'm saying that to personally deal with this it is best, in my opinion, to face yourself and not some imaginary (because you don't know for sure if a 'real' entity is there) attacker. If you truly are being attacked then it will become more apparent as others methods fail. I believe in the unseen, but I also believe we need to be careful when dealing with things we aren't sure of. If there is a simpler path capable of accomplishing the same goal, why not take it? Curiosity is a big factor, but I never found much good in thinking something was after me.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Well all I know was I opened my 3rd eye and all hell broke loose. It would be open for like hours at a time and cosmic information would be downloaded into it, mostly bad I imagine. I was unable to control it or close it down.
I walked into my bathroom one night to be confronted by a pair of fire eyes! I did not imagine these and I was not asleep at the time. Another time I saw a pair of eyes just looking down at me, once they knew I had seen them they looked suprised and vanished.
Once they came and started sucking the life force out of me, I felt desperate, I just fell to the floor and prayed and prayed for them to go away.
I know what I have seen, and I know since confronting them head on they have gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join