It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chiefs of Staff: Change Course, Face Draft, or Lose Army

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
There won't be a draft.

Ask yourself this: What is the point of gun control if you're going to put everyone in the military?

The real people running this country do not need a United States Military to protect them or meet their needs for them. These things are already done. They're just playing the world political theater.

Running the military in to the ground is not a problem because anyone not inside the inner circle is expendable.

There won't be a draft. They aren't going to take away your pistol in your nightstand, piss you off while doing it, only to turn around and arm you with an M16, put you in an M1A2 Abrams or suit you up for an F-22 Raptor.

It makes no sense whatsoever to violate the constitutional rights of 300 million people to disarm them of a pistol for defending themselves from domestic tyranny if you are going to arm those same 300 million, now extremely angry, people with military grade weaponry.

You're just asking for a violent revolution.

If that were the case, then I'm starting to wish that maybe they did do it, just so we could be given military grade weaponry to fight back the very opressors that were dumb enough to give them to us.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I will never understand how the Government can so easily discount the saftey of our country on the supposition of not enough troops. If some foreign country was to come on shore in the U.S. with the intent to do harm there would be a militia unlike the world has seen as tens of millions of armed americans (many of which would be veterans) rise up to stamp out the enemy. You don't mess with armed American citizens, you will be dealt quick and blinding violence.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

They are looking at this war as a population control operation take out the extra eaters and then slowly whittle down the rest.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by C0le

Your clearly not getting the big picture here. You are in your nice warm cozy home, sitting comfortably, surfing the web, and speaking your mind. And you are able to do so because you are in the U.S. It's hard to explain but you should just fight for your country and not make up an entire page of excuses. I don't see how any man on earth wouldn't want to go to war.

Are we having a lack of testosterone?
Seems all the men in this generation like to talk their way out of things, instead of bash it over the head!

I guess I shouldn't use the word government. I am not defending our government, only our flag and our soldiers.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Crisis
reply to post by C0le

Your clearly not getting the big picture here. You are in your nice warm cozy home, sitting comfortably, surfing the web, and speaking your mind. And you are able to do so because you are in the U.S. It's hard to explain but you should just fight for your country and not make up an entire page of excuses.

No, its you thats clearly not getting the bigger picture here, You and your vote don't control me, Nor does a Government which starts wars of aggression against nations which posed no threat the the Constitution our Government and its members took an oath to protect, A document that doesn't embody the rights of Americans but the rights of all men, The oath doesn't protect this "country" its protects mans rights from all who oppose it including a tyrannical and overbearing oppressive Government, As I stated indirectly, I will fight to protect my rights, I will go to war to fight to preserve those rights, I will not however fight a war which serves no purpose other then to secure profits and power for a select group of manipulative and powerful assholes, who for some strange reason wont send there own children to fight for freedom nor themselves.

I don't see how any man on earth wouldn't want to go to war.

Seems all the men in this generation like to talk their way out of things, instead of bash it over the head!

This is the most ignorant and unbelievable comment I have ever read on ATS and believe me you have plenty of competition, I come from a long line of family members who have served, two of which served in Vietnam, If you ever made such an ignorant statement in front of them I'm quite sure you would be on the ground having trouble breathing...

Theres is nothing glorious about war, It's not something to be proud of and no vet who as ever truly seen it will talk about it, It effects them for the rest of there lives, from all that I've seen usually negatively, It's a last resort that because of people such as yourself, is always the first resort.

Tell me whats so brave and glorious about young men enlisting to protect the rights ensured by the Constitution, only to have that noble act taken advantage of by rich assholes out to make a buck.

Whats so great about having these brave men go off to a country who posed no threat the the oath they took to protect the Constitution, and come back missing their arms or legs, losing there sight, there hearing, having their bodies covered with severe burns, and suffer brains damage because of IED's?

Not only that but lose there families, and families lose them, and for what?

Whats so great about our men dying for a bunch of people who don't even want us there?

A bunch of people who never even asked us to be there and are sending a pretty good message that they don't want us there?

Whats it like knowing all the right people in all the right places who essentially started this war are ALL profiting in the private sector as a result of it knowing full well when this war ends the checks stop coming in, while the soldiers on the ground actually doing the work and dying cant even bring back a damn war trophy.

You're a joke no different then any of those big bad blood thirsty terrorists...

All you care about is destruction and death and being #1 at it.

How about you stop wasting all of our time, Pack your bags since you seem to love it so much, and go fight your glorious an noble war for for "freedom" for your puppet masters.

Go get em Rambo!

[edit on 4-4-2008 by C0le]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

You're clearly not getting the big picture here. You are in your nice warm cozy home, sitting comfortably, butchering the English language with your poor spelling and lack of grammar. And, you are able to do so because you live in one of the many, many industrialized nations all over this planet. It's fairly easy to explain why your opinion is flat-out wrong but I doubt you'd understand anyway. You should give up your blood lust for a moment and look at your country objectively, instead of berating those of us who don't want to kill or die for the Almighty Dollar.

I don't see why so many men on this Earth still have this caveman mentality--that the only way to solve a problem is to destroy and kill.

Do you have a problem with over-production of testosterone? 'Roid Rage? Or do you simply lack the intellectual capacity to understand the issues, and out of shame for your own ineptitude you want to lash out and smash that which confuses you?

Seems so many men still have it in their heads that violence solves all problems, and want to kill and kill like savages until there's nothing left.

I will defend my freedom by my own rules. I will also support our soldiers--many of whom that I know, by the way, are getting really sick of gung-ho jerks like you, because you make them look bad.

Here's some advice: Take some Valium. Go to sleep. In the morning go to your local library and crack open a book that wasn't written by a right-wing commentator who gets paid millions to spew forth BS he doesn't even really believe in. I suggest "Islam for Dummies". You might just learn something useful.

[edit on 4/4/2008 by The Nighthawk]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

reply to post by C0le

Your clearly not getting the big picture here. You are in your nice warm cozy home, sitting comfortably, surfing the web, and speaking your mind. And you are able to do so because you are in the U.S. It's hard to explain but you should just fight for your country and not make up an entire page of excuses.

I don't see how any man on earth wouldn't want to go to war.

This is the most ignorant and unbelievable comment I have ever read on ATS and believe me you have plenty of competition, I come from a long line of family members who have served, two of which served in Vietnam, If you ever made such an ignorant statement in front of them I'm quite sure you would be on the ground having trouble breathing...

I'm quite sure I would have stabbed anyone of your family members if they tried to touch me.

Tell me whats so brave and glorious about young men enlisting to protect the rights ensured by the Constitution, only to have that noble act taken advantage of by rich assholes out to make a buck.

Who said anything about young men? I'm not into that buddy.

Whats so great about having these brave men go off to a country who posed no threat the the oath they took to protect the Constitution, and come back missing their arms or legs, losing there sight, there hearing, having their bodies covered with severe burns, and suffer brains damage because of IED's?

Those sorts of things are interesting to males, it's exciting to be out risking your life. If a male is not excited by that, he may as well of been born female.

You're a joke no different then any of those big bad blood thirsty terrorists...

I'm pretty sure I'm not a terrorist. My father is a retired chief of the NAVY, I doubt that works out very well.

How about you stop wasting all of our time, Pack your bags since you seem to love it so much, and go fight your glorious an noble war for for "freedom" for your puppet masters.

Go get em Rambo!

You sound like my mother. We are both wasting time by talking to each other right now. Everything you wrote was about your opinion on me. Not on the thread. You provided no usable information.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

I'm sorry but where in the
did I spell anything wrong in any of my posts? I'm pretty sure that throughout my 25 years of using the english language, I've got the hang of it.

You sound, EXACTLY like a woman!
I don't care how intelligent you are, it doesn't mean anything to me. I don't live on the internet, I come and go on ATS, leave my piece of mind and I don't expect for people to argue with what I have to say. So do us all a favor and get back on topic.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I'm sorry but where in the
did I spell anything wrong in any of my posts? I'm pretty sure that throughout my 25 years of using the english language, I've got the hang of it.

If I have to point it out to you, well, then, you've answered your own question.

You sound, EXACTLY like a woman!

Ah, so we can add "Misogynist" to the list of your identifiers. You love guns, hate society, hate people, hate government, and apparently you also hate women, judging from your continued use of the word "woman" as a derogatory term. Good luck getting laid with that attitude. I'll bet you're a racist too. Burn any crosses lately?

I don't care how intelligent you are, it doesn't mean anything to me.

Oh? Then why even post your opinions? If what people think of your opinions doesn't matter then why air them for approval or argument in the first place?

I don't live on the internet,

But I suspect you do live in your parents' basement.

I come and go on ATS, leave my piece of mind

Careful with that! I don't think you have much to spare.

and I don't expect for people to argue with what I have to say.

Oh yes you do. You deliberately post insane BS for the express purpose of making people argue with you. It's a justification of your existence and your opinion. You get off on it. So do most of the people who hang out on the Internet. You want to fight, and you want to do it anonymously so there's no risk of real pain. Feh. Some hero of the people you are.

So do us all a favor and get back on topic.

Which topic? The draft, or your opinion that anyone with no desire to fight for other peoples' profit is a coward? Because the only reason for you to make such a statement is that you want us to discuss it.

Edit: And BTW, those women you apparently think so little of? I know plenty of them who could wipe the floor with you, armed or not. So be careful how much misogynistic BS you throw around.

[edit on 4/4/2008 by The Nighthawk]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

We can decide where my knife goes in your body, anytime pal.

Other than that, your hypocrisy annoys me.

I fear no man, no pain, or no death.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I wouldn't be so quick as to put down women the way you do. I know a girl who's going Navy ROTC who is more than capable of handling a guy with a knife or whatever implement you intend to use for stabbing. And on a related note, I wouldn't make any bets against a Vietnam veteran. That's not even a matter of what they know how to do, it's a matter of respect.

Testosterone has absolutely nothing to do with being willing to go out and fight for what one believes is right. There's plenty of women out there that'll gladly lay it on the line for this country in a heartbeat, just as there's plenty of men chock full of that hormone who wouldn't hurt a fly to save his life.

Sometimes it just so happens that talking things out is better than fighting a pointless war over the issue. Take World War I for example. Did millions of men really need to die because one man in Austria-Hungary was assassinated by a Serbian fringe group. The way I see it is that it'd be like us declaring war on Indonesia because a Canadian rebel killed an Egyptian. If everyone would have simply sat down and talked out the issue we could have easily avoided pretty much all of the bad stuff that happened up until the 1950's, and potentially everything that went wrong in the 20th century. Tell me, what purpose was there in World War I as a whole?

Now I'll tell you this; there is absolutely nothing glorious about war. I've talked to more than enough soldiers to know that war is indeed hell. War is dirty, it's bloody, and it's always tragic. Too many good men and women loose their lives every time. Sometimes war may be a necessity, but that doesn't make it like some Rambo movie or a first person shooter. War is not Halo or Call of Duty 4. Real people die in some of the most unfortunate ways possible.

Some might say I'm a hypocrite for joining the air force despite what I just said above, but my reasoning for joining has nothing to do with fighting for glory or to be a macho man. It's my opinion that war is unfortunate, but it happens, and sometimes it can threaten the people we love. So I intend to be there to protect the sheep from the wolves if the wolves ever make it to our pasture. If it means I have to go to the wolves den then so be it. It won't be pretty, but if that's what needs to be done to protect the flock then I'll do my job to the best of my ability. I don't care about being some war hero, I don't need any medals or citations, I just want my loved one's to be safe.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberdude78

I don't see where I said I hated women. I referred to women as weaker than men though. I love my wife with all of my heart. I just don't take kindly to any insults.

My views or thoughts, and words expressed towards my opinions don't work out as well as they play out in my mind. So forgive me.

I completely agree with your entire post, if you were my minds writing utencil I'm sure my initial response would have come out somewhere close to that.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Crisis

And with that you have demonstrated clearly you are not capable of conducting yourself in an adult manner and have greatly proven you're complete immaturity and general inexperience to everyone reading this thread, and thus are no longer worth my time, perhaps when you are able to conduct and debate in an adult and intelligent manner people will actually consider your views valid as they obviously do not at this time.

One question for you Mr. 25 year old, what branch did you serve in what active combat role? Your length of active duty service and and commendations you received for your service?

[edit on 4-4-2008 by C0le]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Yeah I hear from U.S. service men in Iraq and Afghanistan on another forum and the NCOs are getting very poor troops to fill their ranks now. They would rather have ten good troops that can be depended on rather than fifty or even one hundred that they have to babysit all the time. We need to draw down our troops in Iraq fast because they are hopeless anyway and will never get their country in order till they do with it as they like. They will probably go straight into civil war but I for one couldn't care less as long as our men and women are not stuck in the middle of it.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Crisis

Oh grow up kid. Saying you will pull a knife on someone when you are not defending yourself from a knife or a gun just shows what a weak coward you really are and I hope it gets shoved up your backside should you be dumb enough to try it with any vet. Your only 25 and you have allot to learn in life yet so start by having some respect for your elders and calm down.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

NovusOrdoMundi,

You are a True American my friend. And absolutly right!!!!!!!

Eye of Eagle

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join