It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qwenn's Subject - Why was it removed !!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Could someone tell me what happened to Qwenns 010 ZOZ thread...it was very interesting apart from the people who think its not real or a hoax....Why cant you just listen and be patient....nothing you see or hear or feel comes in an instant....everything comes slowly but the rewards may be beneficial to all....ATS is fantastic with a great set of open minded people....just stay that way - thankyou and bless you all ..............

[edit on 2-4-2008 by booda]

[edit on 2-4-2008 by booda]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

OP said it could be deleted in 24 hours. If any evidence ever emerged that Qwenn was for real in that time period, I'm not aware of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

This is why it was closed:

Posted by Byrd, on April 2, 2008 at 14:31 GMT

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Since this is a conspiracy board; could it be this is an April Fools Joke by the Mod's.

Nope.

I did read the mail he sent, however, and checked my (extensive) sources. It appears that someone is hoaxing him in a fairly cruel (but VERY lame) way. I can see where folks unfamiliar with military policies might fall for this one.

Anyway, thread is closing now.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Maybe it turned out to be a false lead, or the trail fizzled out?

Whatever happed, I thought it was a shame the way Qwenn was goaded. There was some good information and links there too. It was obvious that a few members spent time searching and investigating Qwenn's OP. I also thought that Cuhail did a very good job of moderating the thread.

I wish that the members who were so disruptive on that thread would just chill out. There is no reason for that type of behavior on ATS.

This is the second time I have seen Quenn treated badly on an interesting thread. Makes me think that he must be on to something that someone does not want investigated.

Applause to Quenn, Cuhail, and the member who posted the great links (sorry I don't remember you screen name)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

Definitely agreed. Cuhail did a great job of moderating that thread in a fair way. and qwenn went about it the right way even if it ended up coming to nothing.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I thought I joined this site to listen to what people had to say....and I have listened and read and been patient.....this thread was a classic "I dont want to be here anymore"......purely because of users who just look for answers asap and dont get them and have to debunk or ridicule.....I bet Qwenn knew something but because of insecure people he no longer wants to speak.....I hope I will still use this site but this has changed my views......Im not a regular poster on here but felt like i needed to post this just to blow the air...........I hope you all find what your looking for without the help or insight of people like Qwenn....good luck all....life is not as straight forward as you know it.. !!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

I'd like to believe that he was onto something but nothing he ever posted could be substantiated. This is a kind of forum where if you don't bring evidence when you make claims, things will go badly for you. I think a lot of people on here are concerned about the board's image and consider an a claim without evidence to be an assault on the board's image. Therefore, they may well attack the person.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

There's no conspiracy here. Byrd checked the message and figured it was a hoax. As we cannot see the actual message (I don't know why he didn't post it in the first place, that was a mistake right there) there is no way to tell if it was truly a hoax or not.

Qwenn was not hoaxing, he was apparently tricked by whoever sent it to him. That's rather unfortunate as he (I assume Qwenn's a he, could be a she) seemed truthful about it.

Read the post above and click the 'why' link you'll understand the reasoning behind the closure of the thread.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
and he suspected a possible hoax which is why he asked for 24 hours, most of the conspiracy community is full of hoaxes so I believe he went about it properly.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Point of correction; It wasn't removed, and it's still all still right here.

It was simply closed because it had run its course.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hey, what do aliens look like? *URGENT*

Be back in 24 hours, dont close the thread.

Do you realize how silly ^ a thread this would have made?

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I completely understand what you're saying DG, but I think it's been pointed out that the "24hrs" bit had to do with the notion that it was posted on April Fools.

I'd hope that we wouldn't see such thread titles any other day of the year, but in this case I think it's fair to cut him a little bit of slack.

People often jump the gun, and they tend to be extra defensive on April 1st.

[edit on 4/2/08 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I found Qwenn's thread to be much more interesting than much of what gets posted here. I don't think he was treated fairly by other posters, especially those who do little more than find a reason to post on the evils of the US.

He thought he had important information and wanted to share it but also wanted to be careful to do some research before posting the details. Maybe others here might want to take note of that approach.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Well, who knows, maybe my stress is killing my sense of humor and i'm becoming a bitter woman.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I've been silently watching Qwenn's thread. My only problem is either Qwenn or an admin should give us a final update as to what happened here. We deserve that!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think his thread would have been fine if all the Naysayers were not in it.

DO i think that Qween was dilebertly hoaxing.... no....

Could someone of sent him some garbage that he took seriously... yes...

That is what i think happen, someone sent him somehting, to mess with his mind....

He then took it to the most open minded, Critical thinking population on the net... we poked we prodded, our member gave him dozens of internet postings....

Our main member base, the ones who have been here for a few years, has a genuine open mind... but we are tired of having our chain yanked around...

It seems every month somehting like this happens, there is a thread that gets FAR to much attention, and ridicule then it ddeserves...

In other news... i think that thread set the record for Mods deleating peoples posts....

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I believe it would have been best to post the result no matter what any mod thought. I was under the impression we were all here as a community to share and discuss ideas, whether it would be a conspiracy or hogwash. If it is left to one person(even a mod) to decide if it is worthy of further discussion then it doesn't seem like we've given it a fair chance.

Qwenn has come off as genuine to me, both in his previous thread and this most recent one.

So let's say something comes of the info- What then?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I would like to chime in here and say that i have always found Qwenn to be honest and sincere!
We only have Byrd's word that Qwenn was the victim of a hoax. Whilst i am not questioning Byrd's integrity, i feel a little more could have been said about all this.
Qwenn was just about tarred n feathered in his last thread, and that is just not on. Cuhail did a good job moderating, but could have had more support!

Qwenn, as far as i am concerned, your integrity is fully intact!

top topics

join