It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No more mosques' says Synod member

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I agree - but this woman really should know better after the furore caused by the archbishop recently - that's why I think it was deliberate by her and another attempt at a rivers of blood speech.

She really is a numpty - like anyone except the BNP wouldn't see straight through this. duh.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
a few years ago, the churches were brimming every week - they didn't start to decline in a big way until the mid-late eighties. Children in C of E and RC schools still attend church services during important religious holidays, so I'm curious as to the reasoning behind that statement.

Perhaps this statement is based on that very reason...the decline in congregations and standing of the church within the community, as compared to the family and community bonds that the mosque creates within the muslim communities.

The church needs to rejuvenate it's dreary image...A Cof E service has to be the only place where you will hear 'Hallelujiah's' in hymns sung in such a misable way...perhaps a marketing gimmick is needed?

They'd have congregations in their hundreds-of-thousands cheering on for 'Pope Idol' or 'Cross Factor'

[edit on 2-4-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
reply to post by centurion1211

While I definitely do not agree with a dual-law system (
), I was under the impression that the Sharia law idea was only to affect Muslims?

I may be unclear on this, that's why I am asking.

Proponents of a dual law system will, of course, tell you that sharia will only affect muslims, but I think the questions I raised in my previous post show that argument to be totally bogus. Right up to the time a UK constable is told that they can't arrest a muslim for murdering a non-muslim because he was just carrying out a fatwa.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

MOOT points all, because no-one here is arguing FOR sharia law - the thread is actually about a very silly synod member and her view of what will happen IF more mosques are built.

It's also about the creation of no-go area's for none muslims, because of more mosques being built.
Where did this fixation about sharia law come from?

I swear people just don't bother reading anything anymore.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join