It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd black ring UFO in blatant daylight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Was checking the sightings this morning and found this gem. It's a seemingly giant black ring in the sky. Literally of ring shape. This is certainly the first time I've ever heard of a ring shaped UFO.

"This morning I was in my front yard trying to get a few sky pictures...

It was very cloudy with only a few breaks in the clouds. That's when I thought I saw something, but could not be sure.

I captured this picture of a round ring and have no idea what it might be. It was pretty far up in the sky just under the clouds."

ufosightings.ca...

Check out the pictures at the link above. Surprisingly good shots, however as is always the case it will be hard to rule out photo manipulation.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by ZoooMer]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
A couple of the pictures:

[edit on 2-4-2008 by ZoooMer]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ZoooMer

Thanks for the links, Zoomer - but to my eyes there's nothing particularly unusual here. Looks to me like a speck of dirt on a window, through which a photo has been taken.

LW

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
might be something, i just seen UFO hunter's last episode

vortex/gateway might have look like this.
i say more follow-up and data, this is worth a 2nd look.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Except that the photographer said he was in his front yard so I dont see how a piece of glass magically appeared in front of him

Originally posted by LoneWeasel
reply to post by ZoooMer

Thanks for the links, Zoomer - but to my eyes there's nothing particularly unusual here. Looks to me like a speck of dirt on a window, through which a photo has been taken.

LW

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Come on, admit that you photo-shopped out, the cop holding up the donut.

Seriously, I don't have a clue, I'll be interested to see what others think it is.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I thought I had all those tires tied down good in my truck when I hit that deer and went through the ditch.

Seriously, I have heard of clouds that form such rings naturally, though I don't recall any that small or that dark. Perhaps someone else might know more about this phenomenon.

But this does seem like a strange thing to see in the sky.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Without any type of reference such as trees or a building in the frame to determine the size of the said object ,it could be anything.Honestly it looks like someone threw a simple nut washer in the air and snapped a photo.How ever it could be what the OP said it was as well.Just being open minded.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This picture is strange, but the story just doesn't make sense to me.

"This morning I was in my front yard trying to get a few sky pictures..."

Why would someone be trying to get sky pictures on a cloudy day? Perhaps he sells bad stock photos on the internet, or more likely it is a fabricated story.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ZoooMer

I swear I saw this in a dream the other night- only I was closer. I am not being a jerk. I really did have this dream! This is why I starred this thread!

Strange

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I don't know what to think...without any reference it's hard to think anything at all. And there's no description of size, altitude, position or what that object was doing (hovering, falling, ascending.)

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I looked all over for black ring shaped balloons, o ring advertising balloons etc. That's what I was thinking about. Or maybe a big tractor tire inner tube full of helium. But I have no earthly idea what it could be.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The clarity of this one reminds me of that strange shaped UFO from that guy in the UK (I think it was the UK). He was filming this cylinder that was sort of just bobbing in the sky with a pinkish light on it. Anyone have a link to this one (I apologize for being vague)?

new topics

top topics

join